Page 262 of 263 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,860 of 7872

Thread: The little things that piss you off

  1. #7831
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aren't employers who try to demand you work from home when you're in bed with a fever great?

  2. #7832
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    8,108
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ha, someone at work called in with Covid and I jokingly told my wife, "you're already working from home, you should still work." Sucks that my joke is your reality.

    Update on the stubhub thing: Went to the show and gritted my teeth because they were at least close seats so we should have a good view. It was good, but the people behind us were four/five basic-ass bitches who were doing the whole Valley Girl "oh my god!" and "hastag winning!" and "OMG that's such a cute photo of you, can I post it?" before the opener came out. Sure, OK. One was a loud talker but I was consoled by the fact that she couldn't talk during the show. Well she was also a loud laugher. Like my wife and I had to plug our ears it was so loud. After he left the stage we basically ran to the box office asking for a handicap seat, anything, and they said, "the show's sold out, I don't know what to tell you" and we pointed to her seat graphic in front of her and said "this entire section is empty, can we sit there?" and she said no because they were sold tickets.

    We sat there anyway, three seats away from the very back of the auditorium, because my $400 seats were pieces of crap. At least it was a good show? We had a great date night other than those women.

  3. #7833
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,901
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @allegate Oh man, I hate people who talk so loud during shows! My husband and I almost got into a fist fight with another couple (who were drunk) that wouldn't shut up during AN ACOUSTIC SET - it's so ridiculous!

  4. #7834
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    9,183
    Mentioned
    550 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    @allegate Oh man, I hate people who talk so loud during shows! My husband and I almost got into a fist fight with another couple (who were drunk) that wouldn't shut up during AN ACOUSTIC SET - it's so ridiculous!
    What I really hate is when people loudly yammer away while the opening band is playing. Believe it or not, some of us in the audience actually want to see their show.

  5. #7835
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Halifax, Canada
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hate people that disappear for years with no reason.

  6. #7836
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    4,386
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    right now, youtube with its adblock crackdown. do they honestly believe they can win this?

  7. #7837
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,324
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    My best irl friend is dead.

    We'd been super close since 1994 or so. He was a gangster, (GD/Folks,) and an underground rapper, turned spiritual seeker, Kabbalist, and Merkabah mystic, and recently monetized youtuber.

    We introduced each other as "my cousin" to everyone. I LOVED this motherfucker. We hugged. We said "I love you." I can't believe this is real.

    This is as close to my actual family as you can get: he was a closer, more consistent friend than any of my blood cousins or aunts or uncles. He was my brother, pretty much. All of my fucking close friends are DEad,. save one or two, but I don't TRUST the living ones. I'm so tired of funerals. It's like goddamn....final destination at this point.

    Think of that sound before TDS. (the song). That's how I feel.

    Here's one of his YouTube vids.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-14-2023 at 02:06 AM.

  8. #7838
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,455
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    My best irl friend is dead.

    We'd been super close since 1994 or so. He was a gangster, (GD/Folks,) and an underground rapper, turned spiritual seeker, Kabbalist, and Merkabah mystic, and recently monetized youtuber.

    We introduced each other as "my cousin" to everyone. I LOVED this motherfucker. We hugged. We said "I love you." I can't believe this is real.

    This is as close to my actual family as you can get: he was a closer, more consistent friend than any of my blood cousins or aunts or uncles. He was my brother, pretty much. All of my fucking close friends are DEad,. save one or two, but I don't TRUST the living ones. I'm so tired of funerals. It's like goddamn....final destination at this point.

    Think of that sound before TDS. (the song). That's how I feel.

    Here's one of his YouTube vids.
    Sorry for your loss.

  9. #7839
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,901
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @elevenism so sorry for your loss, my friend

  10. #7840
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    6,291
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    @elevenism sorry to hear that

  11. #7841
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,324
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    @henryeatscereal @ickyvicky @chuckrh thank y'all.

    My brother messaged me this morning. He said "Tyler, you're saying Justin was ALMOST family. But that's not true. We actually lost our little brother."

    And it's like, yeah. SO many people are gone.

    But this one is just too much. It's...yeah. I think my brother is right.

    HE'S so fucked up from it, he's now saying "I don't HAVE any more friends, and I'm not MAKING anymore, because they just die."

    I know everybody dies. @Erneuert , @Wolfkiller and co, I've been listening to Everyone I Love is Dead and Everything Dies quite a bit. I'm fucking TIRED of playing those songs in someone's honor, though.

    I KNOW everyone dies, but NOT at 25 and 35 and 40. My people really, REALLY are, pretty much ALL gone, now.
    This was number 24 on my list (I keep an actual list) of people i've loved/called close friends, who died young.
    And I guess it's KIND of my fault. I mean, shit...I was addicted to fentanyl for YEARS, WAY before it was on the news and whatnot....it started around '03 and ended around, well...2019? How's THAT for a confession?
    I guess it's the company I've kept...you know...people attuned to my own lunacy, of drugs and shoplifting and playing rock music and doing whatever was crazy.
    There's like ONE normal car crash, and ONE cancer, but ALL the rest are overdoses, suicides, or crazy shit like street racing in convertible.
    We all had some kind of deep PAIN, though, in retrospect: this one had a secret sexuality confusion, that one was an orphan, the other was abused...that sort of thing.

    At ANY rate, As a great man once said, "I'd give anything to wake up from this motherfucking dream."-Rhett Miller, OLD 97S, Nashville.

    In FACT, while I'm at it...y'all check this one out...it MIGHT just turn you on to my other favorite band. I don't even know how to begin to explain them, but I've seen them around 100 times, and they were the band in the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special. Oh, and also, they fucking kick ass.


    Anyway...here's the thing




    But, yeah. I quit, temporarily. I don't know what day it is.
    I thought about cutting my hair off as a sign of mourning, but I've got a better idea: it's gonna be a lean ass Christmas for us (just like a LOT of us), so I know what I'm getting is a little money for a couple shirts and pants.
    I'm scheming on trying to get all-black costumes, and perhaps dying my hair black, and only wearing all black everything for a couple months.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-15-2023 at 11:29 AM.

  12. #7842
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    1,924
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The heat and hot water (they're on the same system) in my house in northern Vermont stopped working a week ago. I just rent a room in the house so the owners are the ones taking care of it. Repair company came on Monday but they need some part that no one can seem to find. Feels like there's no end in sight to this situation. Temps are supposed to get down into the teens on Monday night. I'm currently staying with family in Massachusetts through Thanksgiving so I at least have heat and hot water here, but I'll be returning home on Friday. This is really pissing me off.

  13. #7843
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,455
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    getting medicine practiced on me. tomorrow they're going to put a camera down my throat to see what's going on with my stomach. they think it's bleeding. once i got in touch with the gastroentrologist & told him what's going on things have been moving scary fast. it can take weeks to get in to see this guy & i'm getting in in 2 work days. sigh. getting old isn't for the meek.

  14. #7844
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,901
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @chuckrh Good luck

  15. #7845
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,455
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    @chuckrh Good luck
    Thank you

  16. #7846
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,455
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Update: so, they found some growths in my stomach that weren't there a few years ago when I had this test for a different matter. They took biopsies & now I have to wait for the results. With the holiday I probably won't have them until early next week. I may need some more tests too. At least I'm not a hypochondriac. The growths caused the bleeding. Not getting ahead of myself but this could be bad (don't want to voice it but the word starts with a C). All prayers & healing vibes appreciated. Hoping its something minor of course. Chilling out today as the effects of the anesthesia haven't quite worn off.

  17. #7847
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,901
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @chuckrh oh dear i hope everything works out for the best

  18. #7848
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,324
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    You got this @chuckrh . Hit me up. They told me I had lymphoma, and then, allegedly I don't?
    Holla at your homeboy.

    Ok, so, as for an actually small thing. "To Which.'

    I hear it fucking CONSTANTLY: " Susan went to the zoo, to which she saw an elephant. She enjoyed the elephant, to which she decided she LIKED elephants, to which she bought an elephant plushie, to which she put on her night stand.'

    I swear to god, it's honestly THAT fucking bad, especially on YouTube, to which there are many damn fine aspiring documentarians, to which MOST of them misuse the phrase 'to which,' to which I think they're just trying to sound, to which, intelligent, to which.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-21-2023 at 05:27 PM.

  19. #7849
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,521
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Sending prayers and good vibes to you, @chuckrh .

  20. #7850
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,455
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    thanks @marodi & @elevenism & @ickyvicky

  21. #7851
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    3,184
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I’m sorry to hear this @chuckrh . I really hope it’s not that bad news.

  22. #7852
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,455
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I’m sorry to hear this @chuckrh. I really hope it’s not that bad news.
    thank you

  23. #7853
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,324
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Hit me up Mr RH.

  24. #7854
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    1,924
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    The heat and hot water (they're on the same system) in my house in northern Vermont stopped working a week ago. I just rent a room in the house so the owners are the ones taking care of it. Repair company came on Monday but they need some part that no one can seem to find. Feels like there's no end in sight to this situation. Temps are supposed to get down into the teens on Monday night. I'm currently staying with family in Massachusetts through Thanksgiving so I at least have heat and hot water here, but I'll be returning home on Friday. This is really pissing me off.
    Over two weeks without hot water (which is also what we use to heat the house with) at this point. It's fucking cold in northern Vermont. There's snow everywhere outside. This sucks. We have space heaters which keep the temperature in the house at a reasonable level at least, but it's almost impossible to shower because the water is freezing.

  25. #7855
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Halifax, Canada
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    When my 20/20-hindsight, Monday-morning-QB boss chews me out for not having a crystal ball 4 months ago.

  26. #7856
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,901
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @otnavuskire cold showers are the worst! I hope it gets fixed soon!

  27. #7857
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,455
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Update: so, they found some growths in my stomach that weren't there a few years ago when I had this test for a different matter. They took biopsies & now I have to wait for the results. With the holiday I probably won't have them until early next week. I may need some more tests too. At least I'm not a hypochondriac. The growths caused the bleeding. Not getting ahead of myself but this could be bad (don't want to voice it but the word starts with a C). All prayers & healing vibes appreciated. Hoping its something minor of course. Chilling out today as the effects of the anesthesia haven't quite worn off.
    Lab report back. There's a problem with my stomach but thankfully it's not cancer. Working on getting appointment with doc about fixing it, current state can't continue. I'm not as good at reading gut reports as I am spine/joint reports.

  28. #7858
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    1,924
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Over two weeks without hot water (which is also what we use to heat the house with) at this point. It's fucking cold in northern Vermont. There's snow everywhere outside. This sucks. We have space heaters which keep the temperature in the house at a reasonable level at least, but it's almost impossible to shower because the water is freezing.
    IT'S FIXED! But holy shit the story of it getting fixed pisses me off even more. I wrote a tweet and tagged Suburban Propane in it a day or two ago, and that seemed to have kicked them into gear as they responded to me that they would bug the local branch about it, and they ended up sending someone today to “see what they can do.”

    The guy that came is someone who just got back from vacation. He told us about how they don't keep an inventory on their parts that they have in stock so they don’t have to pay taxes on them, so no one knew who had what part. Each technician just keeps a stock of parts on their work truck. He came and it turns out IT WASNT EVEN THE PART THE ORIGINAL GUY SAID IT WAS!!!

  29. #7859
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    1,924
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    IT'S FIXED! But holy shit the story of it getting fixed pisses me off even more. I wrote a tweet and tagged Suburban Propane in it a day or two ago, and that seemed to have kicked them into gear as they responded to me that they would bug the local branch about it, and they ended up sending someone today to “see what they can do.”

    The guy that came is someone who just got back from vacation. He told us about how they don't keep an inventory on their parts that they have in stock so they don’t have to pay taxes on them, so no one knew who had what part. Each technician just keeps a stock of parts on their work truck. He came and it turns out IT WASNT EVEN THE PART THE ORIGINAL GUY SAID IT WAS!!!
    NEVERMIND! Furnace stopped again. God damn it.

  30. #7860
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,901
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @chuckrh That is wonderful news! At least it's fixable. Hopefully they can do it sooner than later.

    @otnavuskire Ugh, that's so frustrating!! I'm seeing more and more of a lack of urgency in everything from everyone.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions