Page 256 of 263 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,680 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    There’s this whole cross-pollination of computer nerds, Sci Fi and Ren Faire.
    And now you know why D&D is popular... (including the computer games)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Facebook just gave me a lecture and a ban warning because I basically said that nobody should stab Salman Rushdie, and I guess I didn't put it in a way that their shitty algorithm could understand. I didn't say anything about religion... but their computers ironically misunderstood what I was saying as something that was encouraging violence.

Goddamn social media.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Facebook just gave me a lecture and a ban warning because I basically said that nobody should stab Salman Rushdie, and I guess I didn't put it in a way that their shitty algorithm could understand. I didn't say anything about religion... but their computers ironically misunderstood what I was saying as something that was encouraging violence.

Goddamn social media.
    And you can’t even object to it! Or sucks!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Goddamn social media.
    Haha i got zucced for 30 days earlier this year for calling someone a walnut.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I was just at the grocery store, and this guy in front of me in the checkout line was wearing a hat that said "Let's Go Brandon"
    We were both polite, but I had so many things I wanted to say to that boring, smug, lazy motherfucker. First of all, if you want to advertise that you hate people who hate Trump, get a little more creative, because "Let's Go Brandon" is THE dumbest shit I've ever heard of as an insult.

First off, nobody gives a flying happy hillbilly fuck about Joe Biden; we aren't in a cult. He's just the president, and I'm sorry, it's going to be hard to swallow that kool aid with Donald Trump's dick in your mouth.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I love it how that stupid meme has been turned around into this whole “Dark Brandon” thing.

Last edited by allegro; 09-01-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    man... WHY did I start taking that Kratom shit again.... I got into a daily habit of it because it seemed to chill me out and it helped with some arthritic pain... but I was doing that on a daily basis for months, and now I suspect that it contributed to me randomly passing out the other day, so I stopped taking it.... and these withdraws are fucking torture. Just waves of depression that feel physical, sweats, mental confusion, sensitivity to light that is so intense, nausea... and apparently, based on the amount I was taking, this is going to go on for a long time.

And I asked my fucking doctor for some clonidine to help control the withdraws and he didn't seem to even know what I was talking about. Fuck this.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Feel better @Jinsai !

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    good god can anyone tell me when this fucking nightmare is going to end? Fuck Kratom. I cannot sleep, when I try it's really weird, and it's accumulating in a way that is distressing the shit out of me. I have only been this fucking pissed off a few times in my life

ALSO: why can't Donald Trump keep true to that one promise.... I'm not talking about the itty bitty one where he promised to appear in court under oath.... we all knew that was never going to happen... he swore that he would fuck off if he lost the election, and he has done everything but that, and it is getting dangerous

WHAT IS IT WITH THIS GUY?! YOU LOST. NOBODY LIKES YOU. GO AWAY
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-17-2022 at 04:02 AM. Reason: YOU

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm just now realizing how fucked up my last relationship was, and that realization is messing me up. She beat me over the head with my laptop, and then doused it with water, and I lost EVERYTHING that I was working on. Fuck her. Fuck her. Fuck her.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    FFS, I hate that I'm dominating this thread, but god is just shitting on me. I moved back in with my parents because, well, everything fell apart with my fiance and I thought it would be a good way to recover. nope. wound up with my mom and me screaming at each other, and my dad telling me to get the fuck out and take my dog with me.

Well, at least I have a place to go. Even if it's haunted. And this time I'll be alone, with my dog.
    I thought I was gonna get married, maybe have a kid, buy a house. Also, the rent on my apartment just went up a hundred and twenty dollars a month.

My life is a fucking dumpster fire
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-20-2022 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    FFS, I hate that I'm dominating this thread, but god is just shitting on me. I moved back in with my parents because, well, everything fell apart with my fiance and I thought it would be a good way to recover. nope. wound up with my mom and me screaming at each other, and my dad telling me to get the fuck out and take my dog with me.

Well, at least I have a place to go. Even if it's haunted. And this time I'll be alone, with my dog.
    I thought I was gonna get married, maybe have a kid, buy a house. Also, the rent on my apartment just went up a hundred and twenty dollars a month.

My life is a fucking dumpster fire
    Dude, come on, you know you can't live with your parents. We've known you, what, 18 years? It's never worked out. They make you nuts. And depressed.

Maybe you'll find your "person," and get your wish. You never know.

"God" isn't shitting on you. Your family is always gonna be who they are. Same with mine, I totally get it.

Yeah, rent has gone up. It sucks. It's happening to everyone. But, like you said, at least you have a place to go. It can always be worse.

I think your trip to Japan sounds awesome. You have someone cool who will watch your doggy while you're gone?

Go get some Zen in Japan. Clear your head. Reboot yourself. Start journaling or something. Maybe get yourself into therapy when you get back?

Report to us about your trip while you're gone. Some of us could use a surrogate vacation.

I hope you have a wonderful time!
    Last edited by allegro; 09-20-2022 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    me too, it'll be awesome, I'm trying to arrange stuff, and there's all these technicalities w/ Japan apparently. Like, you have to have a travel agent arrange it and stuff... and right now I'm going through Kratom withdrawal and this is no fucking joke. Like I can barely type, on top of everything else.... it's SO bad. I had no idea. I guess this is what opiode withdrawal is like. It sucks SO FUCKING BAD. Like, I thought I was through the worst of it, but this right now.... just oh my fucking god, I'm glad I don't own a gun. I've slept maybe five hours in the past week, and I highly doubt I will get any sleep tonight.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-20-2022 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    me too, it'll be awesome, I'm trying to arrange stuff, and there's all these technicalities w/ Japan apparently. Like, you have to have a travel agent arrange it and stuff... and right now I'm going through Kratom withdrawal and this is no fucking joke. Like I can barely type, on top of everything else.... it's SO bad. I had no idea. I guess this is what opiode withdrawal is like. It sucks SO FUCKING BAD. Like, I thought I was through the worst of it, but this right now.... just oh my fucking god, I'm glad I don't own a gun. I've slept maybe five hours in the past week, and I highly doubt I will get any sleep tonight.
    I’m reading about the symptoms and suggestions here:

https://windwardway.com/substance-ab...om/withdrawal/

https://www.verywellmind.com/kratom-withdrawal-4586322

HYDRATION seems to be super important in getting this crap out of your system.

Maybe take some melatonin to sleep? I’ve been taking the fast-dissolving chewable kind, which (for reasons unknown) hasn’t been giving me restless leg symptoms like other melatonin, and it’s been working GREAT!
    Last edited by allegro; 09-20-2022 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Maybe take some melatonin to sleep? I’ve been taking the fast-dissolving chewable kind, which (for reasons unknown) hasn’t been giving me restless leg symptoms like other melatonin, and it’s been working GREAT!
    I fucking hate it when that happens. I found the gummy version doesn't do that so I keep using it. my wife was like "just take the stuff I take" and that's a hard no from me dawg.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I take fast-dissolving chewable melatonin too.

Things will get better soon @Jinsai !

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I fucking hate it when that happens. I found the gummy version doesn't do that so I keep using it. my wife was like "just take the stuff I take" and that's a hard no from me dawg.
    I told my neurologist that melatonin can trigger my RLS, and he was like “huh.” Not a dubious “huh,” just a kinda wondering sort of “huh.” He wanted to put me on either Trazadone or Amitriptyline, but if the fast-dissolve chewy melatonin (plus he doubled my Topiramate at night, which adds sleepy) works, then WIN!!!! Not enough sleep is BAD!!! Migraines, BAD!!!

To add to this thread: I’ve been having an average of 2-3 migraines per week, for months. I eat Sumatriptan like M&Ms, now.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-21-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yup, @Jinsai . what you're going through is very, VERY similar to opiate withdrawal, and my heart goes out to you.

For ME? Well, at least it ain't alcohol withdrawal.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Yup, @Jinsai . what you're going through is very, VERY similar to opiate withdrawal, and my heart goes out to you.

For ME? Well, at least it ain't alcohol withdrawal.
    yeah, severe alcohol withdrawal is probably worse, and I've been through that too, hallucinations and heart insanity. This just sucks in a completely different way. Like, you just constantly feel confused and there's this kind of body ache that isn't like regular pain, and your balls ache, and fuuuuuck this. At least my doc finally gave me the Rx for these Clonodine patches, and it feels like it's helping
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-22-2022 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    yeah, severe alcohol withdrawal is probably worse, and I've been through that too, hallucinations and heart insanity. This just sucks in a completely different way. Like, you just constantly feel confused and there's this kind of body ache that isn't like regular pain, and your balls ache, and fuuuuuck this. At least my doc finally gave me the Rx for these Clonodine patches, and it feels like it's helping
    oh good!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Ok can ANYONE help me figure how to this Japan trip, because I apparently need a travel agent to do this, and all the stuff I'm finding online is email-based, and everyone else is not picking up their phone. This is insane and absurd.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I just wish stupid hurt, you know?

edited and unrelated:

I hate that I can't use my words to report this twitter account: https://twitter.com/CryptoAllFather

Why, you ask? It's just crypto, that should be able to regulate itself.

For one:

For two:

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/201...eresting-photo

all of the tweets are still there showing uninteresting photos but with the new name.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-23-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    when people say that a band without a live drummer can't pull off a live show. Come see me play live I'll kick your ass

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Getting into heated political screaming matches with your family members is fucking awesome isn't it?

I'm going to go throw up now.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Getting into heated political screaming matches with your family members is fucking awesome isn't it?

I'm going to go throw up now.
    You talk to your family members? I had professionals tell me that I was better off just staying away from mine. I took them at their word.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    You talk to your family members? I had professionals tell me that I was better off just staying away from mine. I took them at their word.
    Well i live with them currently because of reasons that I don't feel like getting into, so it's harder to stay away from them but yeah those professionals might be on to something.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Antibiotics

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    real big Homer / that's good that's bad vibes here

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Come see me play live I'll kick your ass
    well, but...Jinsai, i don't WANT you to kick my ass.

I've never had a live drummer, either, and i've had some killer shows, but...yeah. I'm too old to get my ass kicked at a show, these days.

If you could maybe agree to NOT kick my ass, well, we could likely work something out.