Page 250 of 263 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,500 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Yeah, I’m about to get on the phone with the cops and report this. Literally the last thing I wanna do, but this is dumb.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeah, I’m about to get on the phone with the cops and report this. Literally the last thing I wanna do, but this is dumb.
    You should see if you can get someone to take it to a guitar store, and pay them to pack and ship it for you. Probably the best way to minimize chances of damage.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Yeah they’re telling me this is a civil matter… and no I’m not flying across country to settle this

maybe I’ll just leave a bad review for her fucking business. She is a psychic.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean, she should have seen this one coming.

OTOH if she wants the money she must know something you don't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    From a game theory pov - assuming she is fully informed and acting rationally; which as a psychic she obviously would be - she only intends to win and not to mend a problem. She's got you in a position where nothing you would realistically do will change anything about who has the guitar in their possession, except for paying up. Unless you could still burn her somehow, she's got you where she wants you.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Texas Lawmakers: "want businesses free to choose what is RIGHT FOR THEIR BUSINESS, whether to mandate vaccination or not." opposes federal vaccine mandates for businesses because "freedom" and fighting "tyranny."
    Also Texas Lawmakers: are trying REALLY HARD to BAN vaccine mandates for ALL businesses, thus tyrannicaly removing the freedom for businesses to choose that they were supposedly protecting.

The hypocrisy is baffling. Forcing people to do things is FINE, as long as THEY'RE doing the forcing.
    It's clear that today's Republican party likes government infringing on the liberties of people and businesses JUST FINE, as long as THEY'RE doing the infringing.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-16-2021 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Sadly, I've been through a very similar situation.
    I tried to involve the police. They didn't give a fuck about my guitar.
    Hopefully things work better for you.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Texas Lawmakers: "want businesses free to choose what is RIGHT FOR THEIR BUSINESS, whether to mandate vaccination or not." opposes federal vaccine mandates for businesses because "freedom" and fighting "tyranny."
    Also Texas Lawmakers: are trying REALLY HARD to BAN vaccine mandates for ALL businesses, thus tyrannicaly removing the freedom for businesses to choose that they were supposedly protecting.

The hypocrisy is baffling. Forcing people to do things is FINE, as long as THEY'RE doing the forcing.
    It's clear that today's Republican party likes government infringing on the liberties of people and businesses JUST FINE, as long as THEY'RE doing the infringing.
    Guys, have you heard about the Republicans?!

*no shade, just the first thing that came to mind reading that.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    my GF is trying to get property back that 100% belongs to her from a relative she was staying with. The relative is now trying to ask for a $1500 payment for some unrelated expenses she feels owed before she's willing to ship my GF's guitar.

This is illegal isn't it? This is extortion.
    It appears that the relative feels she is owed this money, and is holding the guitar as collateral. So collateral laws would apply. I imagine this would be a small claims (civil) situation, as each party has a claim against the other; not generally a criminal matter.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Yeah and upon looking into it (which I’m sure her cousin did) the market value of the guitar is roughly…. Wait for it… 1500

Increasingly I’m leaning towards just taking the L here. The good news is I’ve got nice guitars and synths and recording equipment so I’m sure we will be fine, and her psychic cousin can play around with her crystals and stuff and maybe, if she feels so inclined, learn to play guitar.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I think this evening is the first time i've been on EtS in a while. I know I've discussed the end of my marriage here before, so I figured I would give an update, along with a related little thing that pisses me off.

My divorce was finalized earlier this fall. I made it out, and life is a lot better now day-to-day. I've been in weekly therapy since February, and learned a lot about myself and how dysfunctional my marriage actually was long before it ended. Dealing with my ex in a co-parenting context was mostly civil and business-like.

But then I started dating again. Suddenly, this man who claimed he never loved me and was never attracted to me is super pissed that somebody else might be attracted to me. He's been super rude on multiple occasions since I went public with it. He also asked a couple we are both friends to keep tabs on me now that I was dating (they told me right away and assured me they would be doing no such thing.)

I am just bewildered by this. I don't give a shit if he dates. As long as he's not leaving new partners alone with our daughter (who has serious developmental disabilities and is very high risk for abuse and exploitation) it doesn't matter. Go get on Tinder and have a blast. We aren't married, your personal life is not my business unless it harms the kids.

It's exhausting, confusing and irritating.
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 11-25-2021 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Drake, making up with Ye, and throwing up GD pitchforks, AKA REAL LIVE GANG SIGNS from in INSANELY dangerous gang that began in Chicago and spread nationwide.

This is all about the whole #FreeLarryHoover movement. He's the guy who founded this gang, decades ago.

Even after saying it isn't a gang anymore as far as HE'S concerned, and changing the name of it from Gangster Disciples to Growth and Development, he got new charges for running the thing from behind bars.

Also, Aubrey, you aren't a gangster. At all. You grew up as a child star on DeGrassi. I'd bet my LIFE I've spent WAY more time with actual grimy GDs, doing grimy shit, than Drake.

AND, JESUS. Drake likely made a lot of dangerous ass enemies on the BD side.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @eachpassingphase that man thinks he still owns you, and he's just an asshole.
    OR, he's realizing what a big mistake he made.

Probably both. It sounds like it's good you're out of it.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Holy god @allegro , I'm sorry to hear that.

Chicago scares the shit out of me.

EDIT: I swear to god this is wasn't a triple post; I think someone deleted posts.

I know I talk a lot, but I don't talk THAT much
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-25-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    The comments section to any news article from Fox News. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The comments section to any news article from Fox News. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy
    Good rule of thumb to ensure personal sanity: NEVER read the comments on any news stories, no matter what site it's on.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I can't even describe the mood right now. my son has been going to college for two quarters now, one we paid for and one the school system paid for. He failed all of the summer classes - expensive AF but ok, a learning experience right? - and his high school just called and said he failed all of the fall classes.

My wife called and let me know about it, as well as that he's scared I'm going to come home and rampage all over him. I've never raised anything to him other than my voice to yell. Never called him stupid, never hit him, nothing like that. Hell I've calmly talked to him about so many different things - "I hate mom" for one - that I have no idea why he thinks this. I mean I can guess that it's just extreme panic and that mom's good cop routine on this must mean I'm coming home with bad cop.

God. He's doing the exact same thing I did my Junior year of high school AND my Freshman year of college - fail everything! - and it disappoints me so much because he's just repeating my mistakes. No matter what I've told him about it, how it affected me and how it reduced my choices in pretty much everything, he made those mistakes and refuses things like a counselor to talk about why and what.

I'm going out to the truck to scream loudly for a bit.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i'm sorry, @allegate .

I'm pretty sure i made a lot of the exact same mistakes MY dad made, and it tore him up a bit.
    With your son, well...you know..."old man, take a look at my life, i'm a lot like you were."

And hey. You got there, eventually, one way or another.
    We just don't understand at that age. A lot of us don't listen to SHIT.
    I'm SURE he's brilliant, being your son.
    But at that age, life seems so long, and we think we know everything.

The most important thing is that you still CARE. My dad stopped caring or paying attention in a BIG fucking hurry.

You're a good man.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-17-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Been waiting since September to get my car fixed (it broke down the week I moved house). Got told it was a blown gasket and then that because of the type of car/engine it is, that a whole new engine was needed.

Cost way too much at first, went on tour for three weeks and then used the money from that for the new engine. The whole tour paid for my car.

Waited a month and three weeks to clear the deposit, get it booked in, recovered and fixed (took two weeks rather than the day they promised, after consistently checking in)

Drove it home last week - it had gotten mouldy inside because it’s just been sat unused for so long. Spent the last week cleaning it before Christmas

Today driving my girlfriend home, the same noise started coming from the engine. When we got home, the coolant had all gone - the exact same problem I started with. To cap it all off the garage had left the oil dipstick out of the engine and just sat under the bonnet.

I’m livid.

This on top of Covid restrictions kicking in again threatening my livelihood, me being unrelatedly ill for the past week and not being able to pull Christmas together… I feel like I’m on the edge of a breakdown.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Car problems suck!!! I'm sorry it wasn't fixed properly

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Man, y'all, my mom is fucking siiiiiiick. She's had the flu for FOUR MONTHS.
    I know it sounds crazy, but i'm talking lab tested, certified influenza. I took her to the hospital for testing last night; she just got the results. This is the third time she's tested positive since september.
    And she barely leaves the house! I run ALL errands, which is part of the reason she likes me being here.
    All i can figure is that i'm bringing home different mutations and passing them to her.

This is becoming quite frightening. They've tried to give her tamaflu twice but i guess she's allergic to it; she just immediately throws up.

I'm about to go look for some of those Emergen-C packets.

Does anyone know of anything else that might help?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Does anyone know of anything else that might help?
    Both of you should wash your hands and wear masks around each other during flu season. Practice the UTMOST diligence around her. If she doesn't have a humidifier, she should use one; dry sinuses make you more susceptible to catching the flu.

She obviously has a reduced immune system. She should consider getting flu shot after this round goes away; the most common flu shot is the one that has 4 flu vaccines in one. Although, she's probably had them all by this point.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-22-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I’m livid.
    I'm really hoping that work came with some kind of a warranty. They overlooked a radiator leak problem that caused the head gasket to blow in the first place, which is their fault. (I went through the same thing with one of my old cars, I put in a rebuilt engine; my work came with a warranty of about a year.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I'm really hoping that work came with some kind of a warranty. They overlooked a radiator leak problem that caused the head gasket to blow in the first place, which is their fault. (I went through the same thing with one of my old cars, I put in a rebuilt engine; my work came with a warranty of about a year.)
    There is a warranty on the engine, but after a call today they've told me it was the air conditioner that was the problem... so who knows if that counts.
    Might be that if that had been spotted early on it would've been a quick fix rather than the £2.5k it ended up being.
    Car is in the garage now, let's see what happens next.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @elevenism Sorry to hear that. Maybe a shot of whiskey? haha

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I thought i got a fucking job offer from an old friend, but i'm PRETTY sure it's more like a pyramid scheme. At the very least, it's selling shit to your friends and family.
    It pissed me off. I've got a SERIOUSLY cold skill set when it comes to boiler room sales, with seven years experience. That's what i thought this was.

SO. You guys wanna buy a special water filtration thingy?

I think i'm supposed to say that i used to be REALLY sick- in fact, i was gonna DIE, until i tried this magic water.

Come on guys. You know you need a special water bullshit. It makes a great last minute xmas gift!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    @elevenism Sorry to hear that. Maybe a shot of whiskey? haha
    This is the best advice for most situations.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    This is the best advice for most situations.
    @ickyvicky and demogorgon , i get the whiskey joke or whatever, but i'm REALLY seriously afraid my mom's gonna DIE, soon.

If you'd been around my mom this past few months, it wouldn't be so funny. FIRST, imagine it's YOUR mom.
    She can't get air. She can't stand up for long without fainting. She's ghostly pale. She needs help in the shower. She's taken some nasty falls, trying to get a drink of water.

I bought her elderberry supplements and vitamin c overdose drinks, and a bunch of Powerade.
    I was seriously wondering if anyone knew any actual home care solutions to boost immunity and avoid long term hospitalization/death.

Thank you, @allegro , for the humidifier suggestion.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-23-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Sorry about that, didn't mean to upset you - was totally just joking.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I was reading an article the other day about "Covid Orphans." How SO MANY children lost their sole caregiver parent to Covid, often leaving one older child to care for the younger children, all attempting to keep the family together. It's all so heartbreaking. These kids being strapped with so much responsibility, so little help, so young. It makes me feel so grateful for everything I have. And it pisses me off that our country - considered one of the "richest in the world" - has no real safety nets to help these families, and there are so many selfish people out there who begrudge helping these families because they only care about themselves and their own money (modern-day Scrooges).
    Last edited by allegro; 12-24-2021 at 03:04 AM.