Page 23 of 264 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    That's just not a common thing for most people though. It's the reason why matinee tickets to movies are cheaper.

Most people like to "top off their day" with the big event. I think it resonates that way. You go out, you expend the last of your energy, then you go home and sleep. I think that's the way we're programmed to "unwind" really.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just recently learned this, and thank you for actually telling me that. (I'll admit that I really am something else, and nobody told me what you said.) And while I don't usually go out late, I kind of do that when I get really into video games anyway. It's just that I'm indoors. What also makes me something else, yet again, is the fact that being alone, and indoors is usually when I'm at my most relaxed.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-15-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When people leave the damn lights on when they're not even in the fucking room.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Why the hell people need to call every goddamn elevator available?
    Say, there are two elevators in the building which are right opposite from each other and both have their own call buttons. I come by and call the one that's closer to my floor. Then the next person comes by, and despite the elevator I just called is already 2-3 floors away from us, he just has to call the second one. In the end, we both ride the same one.
    This has been bugging me recently a lot. Am I weird?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just want this damn cold to go away already. It'll hopefully be gone at least before Friday, as most of it seemed to clear up faster than I expected.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    That's just not a common thing for most people though. It's the reason why matinee tickets to movies are cheaper.

Most people like to "top off their day" with the big event. I think it resonates that way. You go out, you expend the last of your energy, then you go home and sleep. I think that's the way we're programmed to "unwind" really.
    I also noticed that this ties in with why people didn't like it when I was quiet. (As I actually am far more on the quiet side in real life.) I was beginning to understand that more and more, since more people are willing to speak and actually dislike silence, considering how silence also doesn't help most people become more relaxed, just like how not going out and not traveling doesn't relax and unwind most people. I suppose I overlooked that as well. It was really the part about being pressured to be like them that didn't settle well with me. I've actually had co-workers wonder why I wouldn't talk that much, or be interested in going/being outside late in the past. I also didn't ignore them or anything like that, but my silence was unsettling to them.

(I also didn't think it all the way through in my last post, since I have a cold right now, and I was very sleepy when I wrote that as I just got back from a NIN show. I even added a bit more to it to explain myself.)

And on top of all this, I never really got into alcohol either, and it always bothered me a lot whenever I got egged on to drink, but I can also accept and acknowledge that you do end up sticking out like a sore thumb whenever you're a non-drinker from time to time. (Especially now that I'm more aware as to how "odd" that can be to lots of people that love to drink too.)

Oh, and while I still don't think it has to be weird, awkward, or odd, you really helped me understand why that's so, aside from me being in the minority there.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-15-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    one of the people i was working with on saturday picked up some of my stuff (makeup brushes worth about £50) as we were packing up to go. now we were in a big rush to leave so its entirely possible that it was an accident however earlier in the day she asked to use my brushes and i sort of scoffed and said 'you don't have the one you need out of all those brushes?!" because she had easily 10x more than I did..an insane amount of brushes. Then the next day when I noticed they were missing, I texted her asking if she could check if she had accidentally picked them up with no response. called the next day, no answer then texted again today and she says she doesn't have them. UGH theres no where else they could be and if it was just 1 or 2 missing it wouldn't be the end of the world but 5 seems a bit suspicious and obviously won't be cheap to replace. I'm starting to think thats why she's got so many brushes now.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i understand when my cat, who has bladder/kidney/thyroid/emotional issues, pees on the floor. i really do. and i don't even care that much, because it's easy to clean. but when she pees ALL OVER MY 10" RECORDS, it is NOT OK.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Have the cat de-clawed. Use removed claws as record needles. Degrade cat in front of its friends about the "piss poor quality of your goddamn record needle claws!!".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Why is the office at work always like a fridge? It's bad enough working nights already without it feeling like -2. Surely the building manager must know people work nights!! ffs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So apparently my mind won't go to sleep tonight and I have to leave for work in 3 hours. Had a banana in the dark. Not a highlight. I read it's supposed to make you sleepy. Not the being in the dark with a banana, but the banana. The older I get the less I like bananas, but I still love them in shakes or hot and stuffed with melted chocolate.
    Last edited by hobochic; 10-15-2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: bananas

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Someone stole the white pumpkin from our porch.

My UK bank refuses to update my US address because they say my signature doesn't match whatever 20-year old signature of mine they have on file. Even a notarized confirmation the signature is mine doesn't satisfy them.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    A 'friend' letting you down at the last moment, why do I bother.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    1. When people use the word "loose" as in "i'm loosing my mind". It's lose you illiterate fucks.

2. When you're in the fast lane and you're behind a group of people all going the same speed and some douche canoe comes up and starts riding your ass like you're holding them up.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    As a new driver, I'm kind of shocked that so many drivers go about 10 miles over the speed limit.
    That when you are going the speed limit there's often someone urging you to go faster/overtaking on the right.
    There seems to be no desire where I live to police this.

Also, in Indiana it is legal to be on the phone while you drive: obviously this is idiotic. Not to mention the whole motorcyclists without helmets thing. And the amount of broken, beat-up, trash-heaps driving around: cars with crumpled up exteriors can't be safe.

Also, the amount of roadkill: isn't there a city body that takes care of this? There was one dead animal that was just basically pounded into the road over a matter of weeks, and now lives on as a big stain. City: pick that shit up. I feel like I'm driving around in a pile of blood, bones and fur.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Loud people, but with the exception of them being actually funny these days. I've noticed that I could actually make some leeway for that.

Oh, and questions that start with the words "Why don't you" It just sounds like very nagging and bitchy to me. (Yes, sometimes depending on the actual tone and context of the question. I wouldn't forget to actually consider that.)

And then there's carpooling with more than 4 other passengers. From the looks of it, most cars can hold up to 4 or 5 passengers tops. Being with 5+ other passengers in a car is fucking ridiculous.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-18-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    As a new driver, I'm kind of shocked that so many drivers go about 10 miles over the speed limit.
    That when you are going the speed limit there's often someone urging you to go faster/overtaking on the right.
    There seems to be no desire where I live to police this.
    I may have missed this, but are you not American, or just from New York?

Also, in Indiana it is legal to be on the phone while you drive: obviously this is idiotic. Not to mention the whole motorcyclists without helmets thing. And the amount of broken, beat-up, trash-heaps driving around: cars with crumpled up exteriors can't be safe.
    I think it's legal in more states than not. I suspect we will get there eventually. With regards to all the other, it's really the individual state and it's legislators that get this one. In my state, we've had a seat belt law forever, but there was a big stink about being able to pull someone over just for that. Here, you can't. There's no handsfree law, it's be proposed for years, but no texting while driving went through a couple of years ago. It's sort of interesting how each state manages those sort of individual liberties. No motorcycle helmet, how does it hurt others if you don't wear one?

Also, the amount of roadkill: isn't there a city body that takes care of this? There was one dead animal that was just basically pounded into the road over a matter of weeks, and now lives on as a big stain. City: pick that shit up. I feel like I'm driving around in a pile of blood, bones and fur.
    Yeah, this one gets me too. I would think the Department of Public Works or the local Highway department.

I just got into an argument about 'natural family planning'. I suppose I should be more tolerant of other people's choices.
    Last edited by Dra508; 10-18-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My nipples hurt. I'm not entirely sure why, I think do to lack of sleep. Diamond cutters I tell you.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I really, really want to punch this guy.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Packing. I just hate having to choose what to wear days in advance. I tend to pack too much.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Hipsters giving flannels a bad name, or maybe the people who bitch about them...

Impeach Obama retards, nuff said.

* So I've slept on it and I've decided that the above mentioned retards are both ignorant, and downright scary with all their misplaced passion, I'll thought out opinions, and seemingly genuine ignorance. I may be just a bad I'll admit but for fucks sake I at least try and look at the bigger picture. By that I mean the entire system is running a train on everyone's collective asses.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 10-21-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Whatever the hell is wrong with my big toe. :( It's like an ingrown nail or something, or I got cut there or something. But given that I work on my feet, it's not really wanting to heal.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    It's the same over here in Mother Russia.
    People's reasoning being more often than not: why the hell not? since there's no fine for speeding less than 10km/h over the limit.
    Safety? Pfft, it's for pussies.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Nose is stuffy, stomach hurting work shift starts tonight

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Okay this girl on my fb is bitching about obamacare, I tried to be nice and explain we already pay for other people's health care in various ways but she's not getting it. I am currently fighting the urge to ask her if she paid for her recent drug treatment stint all by herself...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Someone put the heater on in this room I'm in and it's stupidly hot and now I'm tired and cranky. It's like being six all over again.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the internet was out at my parents' house (i work for my dad, and we work out of the house) and comcast couldn't do shit about it. they offered to send out a tech but i know there's nothing wrong with anything in the house or the drop from the pole (as that's part of what i do for a living) but they've been working on the distribution in the neighborhood, so a bunch of the neighbors are offline, too.

i hate working for my dad, sometimes. he's a fucking asshole who treats me like a child even though i'm more mature and professional than he is. my mom is 100% convinced, at this point, that he as asperger's, and he's too stubborn to even attempt to do anything about it (like being aware and making an effort to not be a dick all the time).

i had to get four new tires AND a new car battery today.

i haven't gotten a paycheck in two weeks, and on top of that, my dad owes me for 2 plasmas we bought off amazon for a customer. my credit card payment is due next week.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)

Unhappy

my cousin tried to kill me. he weighs 300 pounds and stands about 6 foot 2.
    he's been staying with me...he's younger than me and had a hard life. i've been trying to teach him everything i know about the world.
    he's a buck toothed 27 year old virgin, and i am, don't make fun of me here, but a fairly good looking accomplished musician and something of a ladies man. So this little fucker was just SEETHING with jealousy.
    anyway i walked past his room and heard him saying as much, talking about his jealousy of me and that he's gonna "fucking kill me."
    I opened the door and said "you're gonna do what, cuz?"
    and he jumps up and starts wailing on me. i didnt even block, lest the police charge ME with something. (i have a few assault charges and another will get me serious prison time.)
    I felt my nose break and said "Please stop cuz, you're gonna kill me!"
    He said "That's right, i AM killing you, you fuck!" and proceeded to start fucking HEAD BUTTING my face.
    my mom finally got between us...(yes, i'm 33 and staying with my mom right now, fuck me )

i guess i lost consciousness during this whole thing...i had full body cat scans and i have contusions all over...neck, ribs, etc. the doc said one more good blow to the nose would have sent the broken bones into my brain and killed me.
    two bones in my nose are shattered...i'm not supposed to touch it but i have and i can move the goddamn pieces around.
    and i had such a bad concussion (i dont know HOW the fuck a dr quantifies something like that...and now that i think of it i dont REALLY know what a concussion IS,) but anyway the one i have is so bad that the doc told me i couldnt even watch tv or read books...that i effectively could not use my brain at all lest i slip into a coma. i finally fell out and slept for two fucking days.

i'm fucked up but i'm alive, and the little fucker is charged with a couple of felonies. i dont wish legal bullshit on my worst enemy, and have a strict no cops no police reports policy...but in this case i'm afraid i'm gonna have to break it and file the report.
    i love my cousin, but i guess i have to face the fact that he's fucking dangerous. also when the cops searched his room, they found massive quantities of MY medicines and my mother's medicines (we're both chronic pain patients.) he had been stealing and stockpiling them.

my face is ruined and my heart is broken, but i'm ok.

sorry this post is so long...i just wanted to tell my ets crew what happened to me and this seemed like the right thread...some of you are pretty damn close to me and i don't even know if you are male or female...that's one thing i love about ets. (what's up @Kris , @eversonpoe , @henryeatscereal , and everyone else who is down for me.)

thanks for listening to me vent if you read this...love you guys. i'm just glad i'm alive.

-eleveno

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^I think your post should go in the "Huge things that piss you off", just sayin'

Take care man!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    @elevenism fuck that shit. He shouldn't be living with you dude. Hope you heal up ok.