Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225
Results 6,721 to 6,738 of 6738

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    iTunes says I have 11GB free on my phone after syncing and adding some playlists. I pick up my phone and it says that "7 items that could not be synced, check iTunes for more information". iTunes does not have more information. further, when I check my storage on my phone it says I have 426MB free. That's a big fugging difference from 11GB!

I hate iTunes so much.

Mentioned
    787 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    iTunes says I have 11GB free on my phone after syncing and adding some playlists. I pick up my phone and it says that "7 items that could not be synced, check iTunes for more information". iTunes does not have more information. further, when I check my storage on my phone it says I have 426MB free. That's a big fugging difference from 11GB!

I hate iTunes so much.
    This is why I have iTunes Match

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Don’t really know where to put this but when is twitter going to ban Graham Linehan (or glinner)? - I think he’s actually gone a bit deranged, I can see him setting up a Glinnertown and having all the gender critical feminists following him to drink the kool aid. An absolute cult

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Don’t really know where to put this but when is twitter going to ban Graham Linehan (or glinner)? - I think he’s actually gone a bit deranged, I can see him setting up a Glinnertown and having all the gender critical feminists following him to drink the kool aid. An absolute cult
    i get so mad every time i remember how much of a transphobic fuckwad he is. and then i feel ashamed for loving IT Crowd & Black Books so much. ugh. he's a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i get so mad every time i remember how much of a transphobic fuckwad he is. and then i feel ashamed for loving IT Crowd & Black Books so much. ugh. he's a piece of shit.
    He’s been a complete arse all of his time on twitter though, so considering his tweets have all been either dull, unfunny or just plain obnoxious I’m believing the humour of his shows was mostly his writing partners!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    that and the performers. Dylan Moran, Bill Bailey, Tamsin Greig, Richard Ayoade, Chris O'Down, Katherine Parkinson, Chris Morris, Matt Berry, and Noel Fielding are all people I did not know about until those two shows. now I follow their careers and projects. Dylan helped write Black Books and it definitely showed.

also let's not forget:

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    This might count. This also definitely shows how much I appreciate how ETS generally functions.

Anyway, when I enter a music section of a forum and barely see any threads dedicated to individual bands and musicians of any genre. This isn't to say catch-all threads, or threads dedicated to entire or multiple genres are wrong, but I'm also still far more interested in reading opinions on individual bands. ETS is just one of those forums that gives me that chance to read about conversations about one artist at a time, as opposed to just threads based on multiple musicians and genres going off all at once. It doesn't piss me off in so much an "I hate this shit! Screw this forum." (Since, as long as they allow threads on individual bands, I'm fine with that anyway.) type of way, but more like a "Damn it! I wanted to see conversations about actual bands in particular. But no. Just entire genres, random multiple artists and random songs. How frustrating."

I suppose it's because I've also always liked to focus on one band at a time whenever I listen to music, while always still being very much an album person.

Speaking of which, there are music sections that don't even discuss albums and discographies.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-11-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Traveling and seeing some mf wearing a MAGA Drump hat at an airport. I want to fly into a rage and scream at them, but I know it will do no good.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Did you see the article about how he lost half a year's pay because of his bigotry and people not wanting to work with him? LMFAO He's just isolating himself more and more and I kind of love to see it.

But yeah, I can't even put into words how horrible he is or the pain he has caused my community. He is a bully and a coward and a truly rotten, disgusting human being. But Twitter will never ban him. He would have been banned like two years ago if he was any of us common people. But because he's a "celebrity" he gets a pass. Which isn't the least bit shocking but it's pretty gross.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    My sister-in-law's boyfriend acquired a bunch of old iMacs through his computer repair company; they gave us two of them saying I "might need to do something" to them. I plug one in and it works great so I give it to my brother-in-law. the second one though had a password on the computer and the boyfriend said he didn't know what it could be and that I should try reinstalling the OS via usb. the thing is it's fucking difficult to work with mac OS files and images on a windows computer.

Oh and they live in Bend and just flew off to Denver and Vietnam.

what I've done so far:

downloaded images of 10.9, 10.10., and 10.11 mac OS's.
    downloaded and installed TransMac to make mac-formatted usb drives
    used TransMac to make USB bootables using each of the above images.
    used PowerISO to try (and mostly fail) at making USB bootables; for some reason it hates the 10.10 and 10.11 images
    tried to used cmd line to convert the dmg images to ISOs; that worked but no better luck booting from ISO-created files

99% of the time when I boot holding the Command key it won't show me the USB drive at all. the 1% of the time it does it starts to do...something...and then five minutes later the apple icon turns into the circle with a line through it.

At least I know the exact model I'm working with: https://everymac.com/systems/apple/i...html#macspecs1

I feel like this poor USB drive is going to be dead before the weekend is out with how many times I've formatted and installed images on it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Did you see the article about how he lost half a year's pay because of his bigotry and people not wanting to work with him? LMFAO He's just isolating himself more and more and I kind of love to see it.

But yeah, I can't even put into words how horrible he is or the pain he has caused my community. He is a bully and a coward and a truly rotten, disgusting human being. But Twitter will never ban him. He would have been banned like two years ago if he was any of us common people. But because he's a "celebrity" he gets a pass. Which isn't the least bit shocking but it's pretty gross.
    Yes, he’s even alienated his own brother in law @flidby who keeps liking anti-glinner tweets.

You should watch the Newsnight interview where he gets taken apart by the interviewer to the point where his leg starts flapping in stress - he comes across as unhinged

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I saw that! It was beautiful.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Had sinus surgery about 8 hours ago and I am hoping it helps me but my nose is bleeding A LOT.

The directions I got said it may do so and I can lightly blow it but how much is too much? It seems like blowing made it worse.

Anyone had this procedure?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Had sinus surgery about 8 hours ago and I am hoping it helps me but my nose is bleeding A LOT.

The directions I got said it may do so and I can lightly blow it but how much is too much? It seems like blowing made it worse.

Anyone had this procedure?
    They didn't do tampons, at least for a day or two? Bleeding is normal for a week or so. Blowing your nose is fine as long as you're not trying to "get everything out". I think most medical literature tells you to abstain for a while, but the research seems to show that it doesn't adversely affect outcome.

My wife had a septoplasty to repair a "birth defect". She had the tampons in for a week and describes them being removed as the worst pain she's ever felt.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    It’s been 6 hours non stop. I drove to the ER and they can’t figure it out either so they paged the doctor that did the procedure and are waiting for him to answer.

im so tired.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Feel better, hope they figure it out soon!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    It’s been 6 hours non stop. I drove to the ER and they can’t figure it out either so they paged the doctor that did the procedure and are waiting for him to answer.

im so tired.
    I had surgery done to my nose a long time ago. I woke up at one point in the recovery room to hear the nurses talk about how 'that guy' was lucky to be alive because of how much blood he swallowed during the procedure, and there was a bucket next to me that was semi-filled with blood. and then when I was discharged the had me walk out of the hospital, no wheelchair at all. not a fan.

serious question though: are you legit tired or internet tired? because blood loss makes you tired and that's making me worried. I hope they figure it out for you soon.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Definitely was weak from blood loss and not being able to eat much. Anesthesia really fucks me up.

Doctor got back to us around 3:30 am and said it was normal to bleed a lot for the first day or two. I barely got any sleep.

I’m doing a lot better today so far so I’m glad about that.

Thanks for the concerns and advice, everyone. Seriously. It’s appreciated.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-21-2020 at 05:57 PM.