Page 224 of 263 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,720 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Had sinus surgery about 8 hours ago and I am hoping it helps me but my nose is bleeding A LOT.

The directions I got said it may do so and I can lightly blow it but how much is too much? It seems like blowing made it worse.

Anyone had this procedure?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Had sinus surgery about 8 hours ago and I am hoping it helps me but my nose is bleeding A LOT.

The directions I got said it may do so and I can lightly blow it but how much is too much? It seems like blowing made it worse.

Anyone had this procedure?
    They didn't do tampons, at least for a day or two? Bleeding is normal for a week or so. Blowing your nose is fine as long as you're not trying to "get everything out". I think most medical literature tells you to abstain for a while, but the research seems to show that it doesn't adversely affect outcome.

My wife had a septoplasty to repair a "birth defect". She had the tampons in for a week and describes them being removed as the worst pain she's ever felt.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It’s been 6 hours non stop. I drove to the ER and they can’t figure it out either so they paged the doctor that did the procedure and are waiting for him to answer.

im so tired.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Feel better, hope they figure it out soon!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    It’s been 6 hours non stop. I drove to the ER and they can’t figure it out either so they paged the doctor that did the procedure and are waiting for him to answer.

im so tired.
    I had surgery done to my nose a long time ago. I woke up at one point in the recovery room to hear the nurses talk about how 'that guy' was lucky to be alive because of how much blood he swallowed during the procedure, and there was a bucket next to me that was semi-filled with blood. and then when I was discharged the had me walk out of the hospital, no wheelchair at all. not a fan.

serious question though: are you legit tired or internet tired? because blood loss makes you tired and that's making me worried. I hope they figure it out for you soon.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Definitely was weak from blood loss and not being able to eat much. Anesthesia really fucks me up.

Doctor got back to us around 3:30 am and said it was normal to bleed a lot for the first day or two. I barely got any sleep.

I’m doing a lot better today so far so I’m glad about that.

Thanks for the concerns and advice, everyone. Seriously. It’s appreciated.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-21-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I may have mentioned this last year, but I'm still pissed off, and, disturbed, that the cops killed a black kid in my little town last year, and pretty much managed to TOTALLY cover it up. No one would say SHIT. Kid was from out of town, and the car was stolen, but we still have no idea why they shot him. The passenger survived, and I remember seeing him on local news talking about how he didn't understand why they had to SHOOT his brother...

there was hardly any coverage of this event on the local newserrrrr.(edited for length.)
    Our town of 1900-2000 is finally being sued, for this shooting, as are the individual Officers involved.

That doesn't piss me off. I'm GLAD. It should have happened sooner, though. Also, I hope this gets rid of the cop who instigated the violence. He does NOT belong in a rural town, where everyone gets along. He's an asshole who has had many complaints, before and after the incident.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-27-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i get so mad every time i remember how much of a transphobic fuckwad he is. and then i feel ashamed for loving IT Crowd & Black Books so much. ugh. he's a piece of shit.
    This is me with Doug TenNapel, love his art but fuck his bullshit personal beliefs. He's such an asshole!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tim Hortons they've completely stopped doing the roll ups on the cups, it's all online now or from their stupid app and they've made it so unnecessarily complicated. The app they want you to use is atrocious and doesn't work right, you also have to use their Tim Rewards card and link it to an account on their website where you do the roll ups and there's all this bullshit with having to sign in continuously for it, i hate it. It was so fucking simple before.

Damn it, think of all the older folks using flip phones that are computer illiterate and have no time for this bullshit, now they can't even play the game like they used to. The one stable thing in their life that they might have looked forward to each year has been ruined, i feel bad for those people. It's bad enough how useless this new format is even when you do know how to use all that technology so i can just imagine people our parents age and older that are now completely alienated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    This might count. This also definitely shows how much I appreciate how ETS generally functions.

Anyway, when I enter a music section of a forum and barely see any threads dedicated to individual bands and musicians of any genre. This isn't to say catch-all threads, or threads dedicated to entire or multiple genres are wrong, but I'm also still far more interested in reading opinions on individual bands. ETS is just one of those forums that gives me that chance to read about conversations about one artist at a time, as opposed to just threads based on multiple musicians and genres going off all at once. It doesn't piss me off in so much an "I hate this shit! Screw this forum." (Since, as long as they allow threads on individual bands, I'm fine with that anyway.) type of way, but more like a "Damn it! I wanted to see conversations about actual bands in particular. But no. Just entire genres, random multiple artists and random songs. How frustrating."

I suppose it's because I've also always liked to focus on one band at a time whenever I listen to music, while always still being very much an album person.

Speaking of which, there are music sections that don't even discuss albums and discographies.
    Kind of annoying that Joy Division and New Order are in the same thread though. Suppose it doesn't matter.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    barely slept last night. my chronic pain has been pretty bad lately but my left shoulder has been extra fucked up for a couple weeks, and it's excruciating right now. woke up feeling dizzy and feverish but i had to open at work and didn't want to leave them in the lurch. so i was there for three hours (4:30-7:30) and just got to leave. laying on the couch at my parents' house and hoping i don't have the corona virus. going to get checked out later if any other symptoms present.

guess i got my wish to not have to work six days in a row but it's not worth it. i'd rather be at work than feel like this.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tap3worm View Post
    Kind of annoying that Joy Division and New Order are in the same thread though. Suppose it doesn't matter.
    I forgot about that, although at the same time, I'm also not the least bit surprised that Ryan attempted to pull that off.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

A post shared by on

fucking seriously. not trying to play down the seriousness of what's happening at all but this is so true.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

A post shared by on

fucking seriously. not trying to play down the seriousness of what's happening at all but this is so true.
    Well, yeah, in the 80s the way Reagan handled it was absolutely insidious. And it backfired beyond just “immoral sex” per the Moral Majority. Just like this will backfire beyond their narrative of “Chinese Virus.”
    Last edited by allegro; 03-13-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    some guy came in and ordered two drinks yesterday, and as he was leaving, i said to him what i've been saying to all the idiots who are still patronizing starbucks: "be safe out there!"

to which he replied, "i ain't buying into none of that media BULLSHIT. FUCK THAT!"

and i just went "ohhhhhkaaaaaay" and continued making a drink for the next idiot.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    some guy came in and ordered two drinks yesterday, and as he was leaving, i said to him what i've been saying to all the idiots who are still patronizing starbucks: "be safe out there!"

to which he replied, "i ain't buying into none of that media BULLSHIT. FUCK THAT!"

and i just went "ohhhhhkaaaaaay" and continued making a drink for the next idiot.
    And i wonder where he got that opinion of the media...fucking hell!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    When my boss does his stupid jokes, he thinks he's so funny, but he is a jackass...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    When my boss does his stupid jokes, he thinks he's so funny, but he is a jackass...
    When you say "stupid" are you talking racist, sexist, etc? Or just really cheesy stuff? Just curious, because I've known both types of boss and I definitely get pissed off by one of them.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    When you say "stupid" are you talking racist, sexist, etc? Or just really cheesy stuff? Just curious, because I've known both types of boss and I definitely get pissed off by one of them.
    They are mostly cheesy, but he has made sexist jokes too, but his main thing is doing cheesy and corny jokes about how cool he is (he is not...).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Trying to buy some N95 masks on eBay for my wife's hospital because they don't have enough. Complained to one seller regarding their eBay listing and received this response:

your family gonna die, fuck off , cheap ass, people buy from me was thankful

Karobskollection

Office Number# 626-964-xxxx
    Monday to Friday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM PST.
    Last edited by zero; 03-21-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    and he's reported. danke!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    What happens to the admissions cycle this fall if applicants can't take the GRE in time?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Ugh. I totally admit to stopping at the local Starbucks one last time the very day you posted that. I was driving by after getting groceries and went through the drive-thru. (Overtipping, of course, because I was sure no one was dying to be there.) It was one of those "Who knows when I'm going to be able to do this again?" things, since I hadn't been out of the house in four days and guessed (quite correctly) I wasn't going to be out of the house again for another three or four. Decaf Americano is seriously one of the few small treats I allow myself these days. It didn't even occur to me that probably every moron in the city was doing the same Farewell Tour. Apologies.

They quite sensibly closed the bar/restaurant I work at after Saturday night and I confess to being bewildered by all of the diners out that evening, but was grateful for one more night of income.
    at least you did drive-thru! and tipped! i can't tell you how many people were like "thanks for being open!" and couldn't even be bothered to leave their 10¢ in the tip jar

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    My wife is in a doctoral program right now with access to the people who might be able to answer that. I’ll see if I can get any indication for you.
    Thank you! I'm in an MS program right now that didn't require the GRE, so I've never taken it! But I've been prepping for it in my spare time and planned to really go hard on it over the summer with the goal of taking it right before the fall term starts.

This coupled with the inability to connect with faculty and identify mentors/research advisers this semester is making me anxious as hell. I know that you can still, in theory, make those connections via email, but I don't think you're nearly as memorable through text as you are through in-person impressions and conversations. And my conferences obviously got pulled. It isn't looking good.

(yes I know there are 64392749024589 more pressing issues and consequences to this disaster but this is something I've been planning and prepping for for a long time and it feels like it is slipping away)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    @Sesquipedalism

As it turns out, many Master's programs at the CUNY Grad Center that typically require the GRE are waiving it for fall. I asked if they knew how this would impact fall PhD admissions, and they said it is too early to say definitively, but ETS has just started to allow testing from home. So at least there will still be testing options. Wish they'd just waive them for PhD programs as well but that is likely wishful thinking. I'm a terrible test-taker.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Somebody got my debit card info and racked up a bunch of charges at apple apparently. After three calls to service center each at least 45 mins on hold I got through. Thankfully it was just a walmart prepaid so I didn't get completely fleeced but they did get me for around 200.I have my dispute on file so hopefully I'll get some of the money back.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sorry, @Pillfred . what a shitty time for someone to pull something like that.

two days ago, i noticed a weird smell and heard a bunch of sound coming from our basement. then we got a text that the property management company was aware of the backup in the basement. naturally, i threw on my shoes and ran down there (we live on the first floor) to find a lake of filth. there was also gunk spread out over the entire basement, not just where the water was. i don't know how high up it got at any point, but i'm fairly certain it got into our storage space. can't get over to it right now to check, but i'm really hoping it didn't. thankfully, most of the stuff in there isn't on the ground.

the plumbers were supposed to be back yesterday to finish fixing it / cleaning up, but apparently they were waiting for a special part, so they're supposedly coming back today. i have yet to hear anything (it's almost noon) so i'm not super hopeful. what a shitty (no pun intended) time to have this happen.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That sucks @Pillfred and @eversonpoe !

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Somebody got my debit card info and racked up a bunch of charges at apple apparently. After three calls to service center each at least 45 mins on hold I got through. Thankfully it was just a walmart prepaid so I didn't get completely fleeced but they did get me for around 200.I have my dispute on file so hopefully I'll get some of the money back.
    You should get ALL of your money back. Fight them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Fill out the Identity Theft Report at identitytheft.gov and follow those steps.