Page 222 of 222 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222
Results 6,631 to 6,652 of 6652

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

I pointed out - politely - that the people in the big city most likely lived in small apartments and walk / take public transit everywhere, while people in that rural area have entire houses for just a couple people and will drive their gas-guzzling pickup around by themselves to go 15 miles to the store, meaning the city dwellers quite possibly have a much lower carbon footprint. And that I've never seen anyone in a big city with a brush pile burning for days on end.

He unfriended me.

Oh well.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I was supposed to be leaving Denver at 4:30 to LAX this afternoon with my buddy for the potentially-last-ever show by The Ghost Inside tomorrow night and got a text from SWA that our flight was canceled. I confirmed online and was able to get onto the 7:45pm flight but couldn't get hold of him and of course the flight filled up. He did the AirBNB reservation and has the info so he's kind of critical to this trip. I called Southwest and they confirmed the 4:30 flight which is currently en route from DEN to Milwaukee and then was supposed to fly back from MKE to DEN before heading to LAX is in fact canceled and she said it was due to "weather issues."

Milwaukee: 78 F currently, high of 85 F with 0% chance of rain
    Denver: 89 F currently, high of 94 F, 20% chance of rain
    LA: 75 F currently, high of 84 F, 0% chance of rain

Yeah, I guess all this perfect weather is just too much for the pilots to handle. What the FUCK?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Bought a new TV last night. Woke up to a cancellation notice. Thanks, Best Buy.

I know sites aren't legally obligated to honor a price if they fuck it up on their site, but they should anyway when they've got that much money. Oh well. Guess customer service is lost on some people.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Having worked in the electronics area of a big box store, not Best Buy but a competitor, my advice is to NEVER trust the online stock if it says Pick Me Up Today! Call the store, make the kid walk back to where they keep the shit, visually verify that it is there for you. Electronics, especially tvs, are perpetually short stocked from the manufacturers. You'll get two, maybe three shipments of general stock tvs from spring into early summer, and that's it. Everything else will be held in reserve until the holiday months which is pure shit and a stock nightmare.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It was like 103 degrees today, gonna be about the same tomorrow, and people just want to STAND OUTSIDE IN THE SUN AND SHOOT THE SHIT LIKE WE AIN’T UNDER HEAT ADVISORY. Nah, I’m cool sweating bullets while I listen to you tell me what you think about the new Top Gun trailer. Riveting. That’s totally what I came here for, thank you.

Fuckin’...if we have to stand and make small talk and banter can we please at least not do it with the afternoon sun over our heads? Go under some shade? Anything?? Why are we doing this?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Having worked in the electronics area of a big box store, not Best Buy but a competitor, my advice is to NEVER trust the online stock if it says Pick Me Up Today! Call the store, make the kid walk back to where they keep the shit, visually verify that it is there for you. Electronics, especially tvs, are perpetually short stocked from the manufacturers. You'll get two, maybe three shipments of general stock tvs from spring into early summer, and that's it. Everything else will be held in reserve until the holiday months which is pure shit and a stock nightmare.
    I didn't do pickup though; I did delivery. Because I knew pickup would be bad for EXACTLY that reason. But even then, people who ordered these for pickup were being turned away even though the set was in stock. Had nothing to do with availability. They wholesale canceled EVERY order for that SKU.

Whatever, joke's on them. Gonna have a lot of purchases coming up for home theater gear and appliances, and now they are 100% off the list for all of it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well what started as a little leak in my ceiling on Monday resulted in coming home Thursday to a massive crack in my ceiling and my floor/rug soaked...luckily i had let the tenant agency know as soon as i saw it Monday so my landlord was actually there when it happened and fixed the leak/tried to save my rug. Now i just have to wait for him to repair the ceiling (who knows when that might be), but i'm just happy it just landed on my rug, 3 months ago that area was my desk

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Well what started as a little leak in my ceiling on Monday resulted in coming home Thursday to a massive crack in my ceiling and my floor/rug soaked...luckily i had let the tenant agency know as soon as i saw it Monday so my landlord was actually there when it happened and fixed the leak/tried to save my rug. Now i just have to wait for him to repair the ceiling (who knows when that might be), but i'm just happy it just landed on my rug, 3 months ago that area was my desk
    Also luckily you're renting. Don't want to think about what that would cost if it was your responsibility! Hope the weather isn't too bad while you're waiting.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Also luckily you're renting. Don't want to think about what that would cost if it was your responsibility! Hope the weather isn't too bad while you're waiting.
    Yeah i am super lucky. No idea when it'll be fixed so i have had to just use duct tape to stop it getting worse for now. Also the leak was from a pipe in the flat above which has been fixed, so no need to worry about the weather...though it is VERY WARM!

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I found myself taunting and mocking a fox-watching Trump supporter online who wasnít even talking about politics... what the fuck is wrong with me. So what if someone loves Laura Ingaham and Tucker Carlson and their avatar is an American flag... Iím letting the news Iím reading affect me too much

I honestly think it's ALL affecting me too much. Suddenly, it fills me with a rage, like "fuck you I wanna FIGHT" when I talk to Trump supporters... it wasn't like this with Bush Jr. This isn't just relegated to online discourse, I've almost gotten into literal fist fights with people. It's too much. I'm really not a violent person. I can't imagine where I'd be if I didn't live in some place that's 99% liberal. I'm sure I'd be dead at this point.
    dude. ha. What you do is, you pretty much don't leave the house. I went to the pharmacy the other day. This guy had on, like, an NRA vest, and a gun on his waist. But he was walking with a cane. So me, ever the altruist, with my long hair and piercings and such, I tried to hold the door open for him. He looked at me like, just fucking FURIOUS, and growled some hateful shit at me in response.
    From there, I went to the post office, where I encountered ANOTHER dude with a gun on his belt. This second guy is an old family friend, but, goddamn.
    This is in a town of 2000. Two people, in ten minutes, exercising their open carry rights, in a town of 2000, where there is like, absolutely NO need to pack heat.
    And remember, a few years ago, that guy wanted to fight me for wearing a black and white American flag shirt.
    So, yeah, you mostly chill at the house.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    When racist people try to publicly chastise you in the most passive aggressive way possible.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Just about everything today. I'm thinking I need to stop drinking coffee again. Like I literally just want to hulk smash at this point. Hopefully work goes well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    When i post my sketches on social and get nothing but people begging for me to check out their youtube channels/if they can use it in their videos, please STOP!

I just got a large comment that was 6 words about my drawing and then 30+ more about their channel and how much they need me to help support them...NO! Please don't go around begging for views, it makes me not want to check your stuff out, let that shit grow organically! Also please give me some constructive criticism, i'm not going to grow and learn with just "hey that's awesome please check out my channel"

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    The god damned sucking fucking stupid ass god damned Jehovahs Witness convention that's happening at the Americas center next door to my work in saint louis making me mother fucking late again for no god damned reason when these motherfuckers were just here plaguing our streets and my mental health 2 weeks ago.

How many fucking conventions do these people need? There's no islam conventions downtown, no catholic conventions, no Baptist conventions, no atheist conventions, no church of satan conventions.

I JUST WANT TO BE AT WORK ON TIME WHAT THE FUCK

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    That's because all those other religions are lightweights. Jay Dubs are fucking hardcore. They have state conventions every year, and smaller regional conventions twice a year.

Tony, have you ever considered that this is a sign from above? That maybe you are meant to join ranks with these fine, upstanding people? THINK ABOUT IT.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Bought myself a touch screen tablet/drawing tablet to get back into drawing and cheer myself up. Had it for all of 2 weeks and the WiFi has died (it won't find or connect to any network) followed the instructions from the place i got it from by rebooting it and nope, nothing...only now i don't have the drawing apps as i rebooted so it's effectively useless. Will probably have to send it back for repair/replacement...and i was really getting back into drawing with it

At least i still have my drawing book and pencil.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The god damned sucking fucking stupid ass god damned Jehovahs Witness convention that's happening at the Americas center next door to my work in saint louis making me mother fucking late again for no god damned reason when these motherfuckers were just here plaguing our streets and my mental health 2 weeks ago.

How many fucking conventions do these people need? There's no islam conventions downtown, no catholic conventions, no Baptist conventions, no atheist conventions, no church of satan conventions.

I JUST WANT TO BE AT WORK ON TIME WHAT THE FUCK
    In all seriousness, at least since 2005-2009 at the earliest, I have always wondered and still wonder why they don't just take advantage of the Internet and make official forums and wikis. You'd think with some of those lucrative churches, they'd have more an enough money to invest on the Interent, especially with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. That would seem to be much more effective and anything but disturbing and intrusive, as opposed to going to people's faces in real life they have no business of approaching. I just don't see how any of that could surpass the Internet in terms of spreading a message successfully without getting into people's faces IRL.

@Swykk - This post also reminded me about you, and I still have it burned in my memory, because if my memory is correct, I recall mentioning that some of them even resorted to intentionally leaving tracts in restrooms? And I'd still agree, of all places, like really?

I have no problem with people believing what they believe, but street preaching just makes me uncomfortable even when I'm not always necessarily irritated. I also dislike it when they also do it on trains.

But really, especially with 2020 just around the corner, they really should just resort to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube while investing on official .org and .com forums and wikis because forums/wikis and the Internet in general is the still the best way to spread/promote/adverstise messages.

That's what also bothered me too. The Internet is a thing damn it. Use it.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-01-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    i was having a good weekend. i got a new bike. but i woke up today and i felt off. and i just kept feeling worse. and everything i tried to do backfired. even the bike ride i took today ended up making me feel so sweaty and uncomfortable for hours after (despite only riding for about 25 minutes). i spent the whole rest of the day with my wife and it didn't help. i had dinner with my parents and it didn't help. when i got back to where i'm cat-sitting and staying with the cat, i realized i had left all my meds at my apartment, so i had to drive back home and then back here. everything has just felt so insurmountable today. but i'm still trying.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    After 6 years my gaming laptop's motherboard fried itself.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Counterfeit book sellers on ebay. Currently multiple listings for a new release that are all just shitheads selling ripped versions of the ebook for 20% of the price and claiming to be "authorized resellers". Unfortunately, ebay's own policies don't seem to actually have a specific ban on this. Counterfeit physical books seem to be banned, but there's no reporting option to cover selling a ripped PDF / epub / mobi of a book.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Waking up and doing the morning poo, then trying to enjoy a coffee afterwards (in my case, a large Mocha from McDonald’s) and getting the urge to drop a noodle again after already taking the garbage out of the system.

“I can think of things more noble and aesthetic than the human gastrointestinal system. What’s so divine about having to eat and then dump, will you tell me?”

- Captain Cutshaw arguing about god’s existence in The Ninth Configuration
    Last edited by Erneuert; Yesterday at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    My nieces shit head dog is here while she's out of town. I just want to stomp the life out of that thing sometimes. My already complete shit disposition today isn't helping matters.

^Also I hate shitting as well for many reasons.
    Last edited by Pillfred; Yesterday at 08:22 PM.