Page 211 of 263 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,330 of 7862

Thread: The little things that piss you off

  1. #6301
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    332
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    People who don't say excuse me. It's so small, but it seems now people don't feel the need to say it. I will gladly move over if you just say "excuse me." Don't try to shuffle past me without saying anything and don't stop behind me expecting me to move out the way because I can apparently read your mind.

  2. #6302
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    4,579
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure I told @allegro that I owed her a drink for something she said in the Trump thread ages ago.

    Which doesn't piss me off in and of itself. It's that I remembered this now - after doing nothing with my day off in Chicago yesterday. Whoops. Sorry!

  3. #6303
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,277
    Mentioned
    725 Post(s)
    I went to kick it with my preacher yesterday.

    He is, A.) One of the only preachers I've ever heard in my life, ever, who isn't full of shit and utterly infuriating and, B.), In a very intense case of irony, my ONLY friend here. And I am his best/only real (local)friend. He's a conservative dude who is a career military man (he's an officer in the air force reserves,) and I'm, well, you guys know me: I'm a long haired liberal (psuedo?)Christian Mystic type of cat who isn't 100% straight.

    BUT, this preacher and i, we respect each other's views. We discuss MOSTLY politics and religion and it's fucking awesome. We routinely open each other's minds.

    Anyway, he took me out to eat and we went shopping together and had some great conversation as always, and then it happened:

    He told me The Big Secret: he won't be here much longer. He's already received another offer and told me it's like 50/50 as to whether or not he will take it. And if he doesn't take this one, he's gonna keep looking.

    I guess what pisses me off about this (instead of it just making me sad) is the REASON why he pretty much HAS to leave: they won't pay him enough money.

    He works his ass off for this church but has to be on food stamps to be able to take care of his family. Fucking cheap ass rednecks; ugh.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-06-2018 at 05:43 AM.

  4. #6304
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    1,901
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I stayed up late watching UFC tonight. Headed upstairs to the bedroom a bit after 1 with the dog, who didn't ask to go out. While I was taking a leak in the bathroom, she decided to take one in the middle of my bed. So I've been up for the last two hours doing two loads of laundry (because she managed to get it on ALL of the sheets and blankets). The dryer is out of commission right now, so I'm now in a sleeping bag, finally about to try to get some sleep, at 3:30 in the morning.

    I guess this post wasn't so much about being pissed off as it is about being pissed on.

  5. #6305
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I stayed up late watching UFC tonight. Headed upstairs to the bedroom a bit after 1 with the dog, who didn't ask to go out. While I was taking a leak in the bathroom, she decided to take one in the middle of my bed. So I've been up for the last two hours doing two loads of laundry (because she managed to get it on ALL of the sheets and blankets). The dryer is out of commission right now, so I'm now in a sleeping bag, finally about to try to get some sleep, at 3:30 in the morning.

    I guess this post wasn't so much about being pissed off as it is about being pissed on.
    This is more than likely one of 2 things:
    A urinary tract infection
    she’s Marking her territory (females do this to and it usually starts in adolescence), because it smells like you.

  6. #6306
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    VT
    Posts
    1,901
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malady View Post
    This is more than likely one of 2 things:
    A urinary tract infection
    she’s Marking her territory (females do this to and it usually starts in adolescence), because it smells like you.
    I doubt it's either of those things. I never stay up that late or drag her out of sleep to change sleeping locations at that hour, so more likely it was just being woken up and not having gone outside for several hours. If there's a next time I'll make sure to drag her ass outside before going upstairs.

  7. #6307
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If your heater goes out, and you say to your apartment complex, ďitís been out since Thursday morning but I havenít had time to call,Ē and you call in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday, kindly piss off.

    Youíre telling me you had aaall day Thursday, and aaall day Friday, when I was already on-property and readily available for any emergencies from 8-5 pm...and you knowingly waited until Saturday. We no longer live in an era where ďI was busyĒ is a viable excuse for not making a 30-second phone call to your apartment complex so they can fix your heater, especially if itís a big issue for you. Not to mention that thereís literally no way for ME to know that itís broken until you tell me that itís broken. How could I possibly know that if you donít call it in and tell me? You think I just magically knew but decided to not go take care of it for you while Iím already there, at work?

    I donít even mind having to go look at their heater, because itís more time on the clock for me. Stuff just comes up all the time and Iím happy to help at a momentís notice when an emergency comes up. But...yíall had aaall that time, and didnít want to call sooner? Had to wait until the middle of my day off?

  8. #6308
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So i'm not exactly a chatty person at my work (a combination of Social Anxiety, my on going battle with Depression and not really having anything to connect to people with) but i have been here for going on 8 years now and i think i'm doing an alright job.
    Now i was checking my bosses calendar to check a meeting we're having (i have access to the whole offices calendar just in case i need to do the in and out lists if no one else is in to do it) and noticed an after work 'Team Building' event next month set up by our Secretary, someone to get everyone in the office together as we've had a number of new people start to get to know each other for drinks and games...only thing is i haven't been invited.
    I had a quick look at a few peoples calender's and everyone is going, managers, directors, admin, engineers, everyone...except me.

    Now this might just be a mistake, but me being me i can't feel like this was intentional (again i'm quite and a few people know i don't drink, so i can't help feel i was dropped before hand) I would just go and ask...but with my anxiety i probably wouldn't have gone anyway, so asking why i'm not invited to then say i'm not going just would be petty. Still it's a little bit of a knock to see a 'team' building event and just not being asked...

  9. #6309
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Now this might just be a mistake, but me being me i can't feel like this was intentional (again i'm quite and a few people know i don't drink, so i can't help feel i was dropped before hand) I would just go and ask...but with my anxiety i probably wouldn't have gone anyway, so asking why i'm not invited to then say i'm not going just would be petty. Still it's a little bit of a knock to see a 'team' building event and just not being asked...
    Sorry about that situation. It's understandable for you to be upset even if you wouldn't have been going, common courtesy would have been to invite you.

    I was listening to music with my headset at work waiting to take a hearing test.(we do one every year since we work in a loud factory environment) some guys came up because their time was the same as mine, and we were waiting for the previous group to finish. I started nodding my head to the music, because I get really into it and the guys next to me started mimicking me and making fun of me. I didn't say anything, but really wanted to flip them off (it's too bad that could get me fired)
    We went in to take our test and the guy testing us admired my headset and I told him I don't like people, I like music. He laughed, but the guys in there with me stiffened and it became awkward.
    Anyway, at least my hearing is great to continue my music listening

  10. #6310
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,071
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This one's pretty universal. Missing a bus and/or train ride, especially by just few seconds. In that exact moment, it never fails to make me think if not necessarily scream, "Goddamn it!"/"Fuck me!/"Motherfucker!" and just good old "Shit!"

    As far as little things that pisses one off, it just also never fails to get old. Ever.

  11. #6311
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    This one's pretty universal. Missing a bus and/or train ride, especially by just few seconds. In that exact moment, it never fails to make me think if not necessarily scream, "Goddamn it!"/"Fuck me!/"Motherfucker!" and just good old "Shit!"

    As far as little things that pisses one off, it just also never fails to get old. Ever.
    Speaking of bus stops - One time in college, I was at a stop after an evening class, waiting on the bus. Just doing a sudoku or something and minding my own business with the other 5-6 people there. A girl drove by and her friend leaned out the window to yell “GET A CAR, LOSERS!! HAHAHA!” as they drove past. But, like...I HAD a working car...and just didn’t feel like driving it to class and finding campus parking or something. You’re not even accurate. Just...loud. But all of us at the stop had a laugh and were like “no idea what that was about. Most of us have cars...?” So thankful I don’t have to put up with the bus system anymore, I feel your pain! I see people run up to the bus stop on our property every single day.

  12. #6312
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    9,118
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    my future mother-in-law is a petty, vindictive, stupid, childish, toxic person. Oh yeah, and I'm getting the feeling she doesn't like me very much either.

    On an unrelated side note, she's a hyper-religious Trump supporter.

    EDIT: just to clarify, I'm venting here... Really, I haven't even met her IRL, so I'm just ranting here. For all I know, maybe she's a lovely person, and our long distance interaction is just getting off on the wrong foot. Who knows.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-22-2018 at 12:54 PM.

  13. #6313
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Having a great time at a NIN concert, and some douchbag 30+ guy in the row behind us grabs the ass of a 17 year old girl who was my guest at the concert (she is a friend of my son). This caused her to leave right before the encore set. I did not find out what happened until after the concert; I thought she just left to go pee or something. The group of bros behind us were quite drunk, and spilled a beer on my jacket, and kept shouting loudly during the most quiet songs creating a spectacle of themselves, but that does not bother me enough to dampen a positive concert experience. I understand that some people just enjoy themselves in different ways. But the unprovoked and unwanted ass grabbing of a minor girl by a guy who is way more than old enough to know better disturbed me greatly.

  14. #6314
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,379
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    This one's pretty universal. Missing a bus and/or train ride, especially by just few seconds. In that exact moment, it never fails to make me think if not necessarily scream, "Goddamn it!"/"Fuck me!/"Motherfucker!" and just good old "Shit!"

    As far as little things that pisses one off, it just also never fails to get old. Ever.
    I hate how buses here are so liberal with their timetable. "Oh, I'm supposed to leave this stop by 8:52, but I'm here at 8:50 and no one's here? Well I better fucking leave right now!"

    At least trains never leave early. Then again, we use ~60 year old trains, so they are always late to begin with.

  15. #6315
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    my future mother-in-law is a petty, vindictive, stupid, childish, toxic person. Oh yeah, and I'm getting the feeling she doesn't like me very much either.

    On an unrelated side note, she's a hyper-religious Trump supporter.
    Sounds very much like my mother! The same women who was so desperate to be the "cool mum" that got her kids and their friends alcohol so she could eventually go clubbing with them barred anyone from buying me toys and blocked all cartoon/kids channels in are house...when i was 11! Now all i do is watch anime and buy toys, plus i hate drinking, so that backfired spectacularly!

  16. #6316
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,277
    Mentioned
    725 Post(s)
    People saying and writing "prejudice" instead of "prejudiced" irritates me.

    This is so insanely rampant that it's inevitably going to go the way of "literally."

  17. #6317
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    683
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    People saying and writing "prejudice" instead of "prejudiced" irritates me.

    This is so insanely rampant that it's inevitably going to go the way of "literally."
    Along with "bias" and "hype"--both are completely overused (overuse?) as well. I guess tenses no longer exist in 2018 English except for us "Grammar Nazis."

  18. #6318
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If you don’t know how the concept of “passing lanes” works, and you insist on driving on the highway anyway - learn, or get off the highway. Everyone stuck behind you will be ETERNALLY thankful.

  19. #6319
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    1,425
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Feels like my shoulder blades are trying to separate from my back. Also, day two of little sleep and waking up at what the fuck in the morning.

  20. #6320
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,277
    Mentioned
    725 Post(s)
    Speaking of health, it turns out that I DO almost certainly have some sort of.degenerative joint disease like osteoarthritis.
    I wanted SO badly to believe that my hands were hurting so much because my new tablet is too big.
    But the pain is also in my low back, hips and feet.

    And it's getting worse and worse, and fucking RAPIDLY. The pain in my left hand literally makes me cry. I can't play guitar, which I've been doing for 31 years (since I was 7.) Playing guitar is a HUGE part of my sense of identity.

    Aside from the pain, the way that I'm pretty much CERTAIN about this is that a couple of my knuckles have become misshapen. I have fucking bone spurs in my hand.
    The hell of it all is that basically none of the shit that causes these symptoms is curable, and the treatment options aren't great.

    I can no longer act like this isn't happening; I'm biting the bullet and going to get diagnosed.
    this shit,on top of everything else, is pushing me over the edge. It's making me lose hope.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-30-2018 at 08:54 PM.

  21. #6321
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    8,011
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    I've had a doozy of a day. I went to the doctor again because my coughing is not getting better. Also my left leg was swelling up and Dr. Google said that's deep vein thrombosis. I get there and he gives me a cough medicine and I ask him about my legs and he immediately tells me to go get an ultrasound. I'm still on the table after the reading when the person gives me the phone - it's my doctor. Having just looked at the results, he said to get my ass to the ER immediately and have them do a CT scan because there are clots in my leg and they might be in my lungs. Four hours later I get to go to the CT scanner and guess what? I have clots in my lungs. Not just in the lungs but also in the saddle where the lungs connect. Lucky me! So they put me on some blood thinners and I'm in the hospital overnight for observation.

    So to recap: I've not been sick with pneumonia, I've been sick with blood clots. And I'm not dead yet but it's looking 50/50.

    Side note: I went to the doctor about two months ago with pain in my left leg and said that it really sounded like DVT, could we take a look at that? "No, you probably sprained the tendon. Go stretch."

    God damn it. Hindsight is 20/20 I know but God DAMN it. I was right there.

    EDIT: The google game today is making my day a little better though. That thing's really fun.

  22. #6322
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    9,277
    Mentioned
    725 Post(s)
    Oh god. Oh Christ @allegate .

    Fucksake.

    You'll beat the odds, goddamnit.

    Also, suddenly I don't feel so sick anymore :/

  23. #6323
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    3,142
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Jeez, feel better ASAP, @allegate .

  24. #6324
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    8,011
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Oh god. Oh Christ @allegate .

    Fucksake.

    You'll beat the odds, goddamnit.

    Also, suddenly I don't feel so sick anymore :/
    nah man, your shit isn't any less important. Being young and looking forward to a life of pain sucks, I totally get that.

  25. #6325
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    8,011
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    As an update: It's a massive saddle clot that not only spans the bridge between the lungs but also goes into the lungs proper. The doc said that if I wasn't healthy and active it would be another matter entirely because that's the kind of clot that puts enough pressure on the heart that it gives out as well. But they did an electrocardiogram today and my heart is pumping away just fine. So I'm on blood thinners for the foreseeable future and will see a blood doctor (I know the word but that sounds cooler) eventually. Once that's done we can figure out what caused the clots because there's no family history and I'm pretty active and they don't want to talk about cancer just yet.

    The thinner they had me on was Lovenox and I wasn't looking forward to giving myself injections but they changed it to one of the pills so yay. I should be discharged tomorrow after a little more observation. Missed Halloween and freaked my family out right proper, but at least it's something that the body will treat itself and won't really come back if I keep my mind on it.

  26. #6326
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Glad to hear things are improving! That shit sounds hella scary. Glad they let you pick an option that didn’t involve injections, too. For what it’s worth, you weren’t the only one who had to miss out on Halloween and scared the hell out of their family with a medical situation, heh.

    Yesteday on my way to a health evaluation for my work’s insurance, I was in a minor car accident. No injuries, relatively minor damage to both cars, and it was 100% my fault for not checking a blind spot, so things went over pretty smoothly and nobody was confused about what was going on. After the officer came and made a report and left after about an hour, I just went to the hospital to get the screening over with. I check in, wait, get in the room, and the nurse draws my blood - mind you, I had a fear of needles as a child but I really don’t mind them now, at all, especially after having a couple of tattoos done. I WATCHED her do it, no blood, no mishaps of any kind, or anything alarming. I even told her how one time, about 7 years ago, I’d given blood and passed out because I didn’t eat first, and she said “oh wow, yeah, you should always do that.” We keep talking for about 5 minutes, and in the middle of her talking I just blacked out and slumped in my seat. Of course, she said afterward that she saw my eyes roll and my face go pale, so it freaked her the hell out, but the REASON I blacked out was because my blood sugar had been crazy low after they drew two vials of blood - after being specifically instructed BY the hospital, and our health insurance provider, not to eat anything for 12 hours before the evaluation. I hadn’t eaten since about 11 the night before, and it was about 11:30 by the time I got there, so I did exactly what I was told. We gave it about 5 minutes, surrounded in a tiny room by 5 people, and I blacked out and went pale again for about 10 more seconds. After that I was completely fine. They were being extremely helpful, and professional, and kind, but they kept telling me I needed to eat before having blood drawn. I had to show them two documents I had on me telling me specifically not to eat for that long. Trust me, if I’d known I COULD eat beforehand, I would. They cleared out the room and gave me a water and a juice, then I was perfectly okay. They let me out of the room, I could walk, no tunnel vision, I got a hospital burger, and I was fine. But the nurses insisted that I get a ride home just in case, and I wholeheartedly agreed with them for the sake of not passing out and having a second car accident in one day. So I called my manager to give me a lift since she was close, and apparently on her way out of the office she said, quote, “Branson was in a car accident, he’s at the hospital, and he’s passed out twice, so I’m gonna go get him.”

    So when I came in to work today, every person I work with is fliiiipping out because they were told got in a car accident and lost consciousness at the hospital. Every single person. 6 people so far. So I’ve had to explain that the fender bender and me passing out were two completely unrelated instances. I wasn’t even in shock after the collision because it was so minor. I was calm, handled all the insurance and police report stuff with a normal demeanor. My car wasn’t even jostled, I just tried to merge left and didn’t check my blind spot before bumping into the car beside me, so it wasn’t a traumatic experience in any way. Having been in a life-threatening car accident before (like 6 years ago), I know the difference between the two experiences.

    After it was all said and done, I was 100% fine after a couple hours of rest and a meal, and everybody seems to think I was in an accident that split my skull open or something when that was 1000% not what was happening. Words can’t express how glad I am that everyone’s been so supportive and checking up, but also - dudes, everything was completely fine the whole time. ^^’ There’s really nothing to be concerned about. I think just sucks that the circumstances made it seem like I went to the hospital because of the accident. I’d even told the nurse about it before the evaluation and they said I seemed to be perfectly fine, no signs of shock. I’m thankful that everyone is concerned, but dang y’all, my life was never once in danger during the whole ordeal, and I was in very good hands.

    So I guess the moral of the story is: Check your blind spots!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-01-2018 at 12:30 PM.

  27. #6327
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,551
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    @allegate

    I had a similar situation about 6 years ago. I went to the doctor because I had had a terrible pain in my calf for a while. I initially thought that it was a pulled muscle, and just ignored it. But it kept getting worse, and the skin there was getting hot and red, so I finally gave in and made an appointment. On the day I was scheduled to go in, I was also having a very hard time breathing. The doctor also thought it was just a pulled muscle, and when I said that I was struggling to breathe, they said "Well, it's hot outside", which of course translates to "You are fat. Of course you can't breathe". I know my body and what is normal for it, and this was not normal.

    They then sent me to the hospital for an ultrasound, and the lump in my leg was a DVT. They were then just going to discharge me, after me telling them that I couldn't breathe, too. So I just walked down to the emergency room and checked myself in. Got a scan, and my lungs were just absolutely packed with blood clots. I ended up spending a week in the hospital, and nearly had to have a filter put in to catch any clots that left my lungs so I wouldn't die. This is the only time I had ever been in the hospital and it was scary as shit.

    They tested me for every imaginable auto-immune and genetic disorder that you can think of - even went so far as to send me to a different hospital to run tests that the one I was staying at didn't have, but their conclusion was that I just had a horrible reaction to hormonal birth control, so now I am on a lifetime ban from taking any medications with hormones.

    I am glad that they caught yours, and I know how scary that shit can be. You'll get REAL FUCKING FAMILIAR with your doctor if they make you stay on blood thinners. I had to stay on them for a year, and it was awful.

  28. #6328
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    8,011
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Jesus. What kind of thinners did they put you on? They keep talking about several different brands but there's one they keep saying "it works, but it's difficult to get dialed in".

    I just had a visit from the doc and apparently they're haggling with the insurance about the meds and my copay. I wish I lived in Canada.

    Luckily I have a great Primary. I've already got an appointment with him tomorrow morning so we can go over a few things.

  29. #6329
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,551
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I had to do the Lovenox injections for 4 weeks. Gave myself two shots, twice a day. Then I transitioned to Coumadin which was... not fun. You have to watch your vitamin K levels EXTREMELY close, and I had to go to the doctor three times per week to have my levels checked, and my dosage would be adjusted according to what my level was at that point. It sounds like I had a more difficult time with this than most folks, though. Sometimes it would be way too high, and other times way too low. Even going to the doctor three times a week, it once got so high that the doctor sent me to the emergency room. I bruised so, so easy - I had bruises from where my glasses sat on my face. Lol. I mean, I guess every medication has some side effects, and it likely played a hand in saving my life. But it was super hard to adjust to, and I am happy that it was only a year for me. I think many people only stay on them for about six months if they have no further complications.

  30. #6330
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    8,011
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Glad to hear things are improving! That shit sounds hella scary. Glad they let you pick an option that didnít involve injections, too. For what itís worth, you werenít the only one who had to miss out on Halloween and scared the hell out of their family with a medical situation, heh.

    Yesteday on my way to a health evaluation for my workís insurance, I was in a minor car accident. No injuries, relatively minor damage to both cars, and it was 100% my fault for not checking a blind spot, so things went over pretty smoothly and nobody was confused about what was going on. After the officer came and made a report and left after about an hour, I just went to the hospital to get the screening over with. I check in, wait, get in the room, and the nurse draws my blood - mind you, I had a fear of needles as a child but I really donít mind them now, at all, especially after having a couple of tattoos done. I WATCHED her do it, no blood, no mishaps of any kind, or anything alarming. I even told her how one time, about 7 years ago, Iíd given blood and passed out because I didnít eat first, and she said ďoh wow, yeah, you should always do that.Ē We keep talking for about 5 minutes, and in the middle of her talking I just blacked out and slumped in my seat. Of course, she said afterward that she saw my eyes roll and my face go pale, so it freaked her the hell out, but the REASON I blacked out was because my blood sugar had been crazy low after they drew two vials of blood - after being specifically instructed BY the hospital, and our health insurance provider, not to eat anything for 12 hours before the evaluation. I hadnít eaten since about 11 the night before, and it was about 11:30 by the time I got there, so I did exactly what I was told. We gave it about 5 minutes, surrounded in a tiny room by 5 people, and I blacked out and went pale again for about 10 more seconds. After that I was completely fine. They were being extremely helpful, and professional, and kind, but they kept telling me I needed to eat before having blood drawn. I had to show them two documents I had on me telling me specifically not to eat for that long. Trust me, if Iíd known I COULD eat beforehand, I would. They cleared out the room and gave me a water and a juice, then I was perfectly okay. They let me out of the room, I could walk, no tunnel vision, I got a hospital burger, and I was fine. But the nurses insisted that I get a ride home just in case, and I wholeheartedly agreed with them for the sake of not passing out and having a second car accident in one day. So I called my manager to give me a lift since she was close, and apparently on her way out of the office she said, quote, ďBranson was in a car accident, heís at the hospital, and heís passed out twice, so Iím gonna go get him.Ē

    So when I came in to work today, every person I work with is fliiiipping out because they were told got in a car accident and lost consciousness at the hospital. Every single person. 6 people so far. So Iíve had to explain that the fender bender and me passing out were two completely unrelated instances. I wasnít even in shock after the collision because it was so minor. I was calm, handled all the insurance and police report stuff with a normal demeanor. My car wasnít even jostled, I just tried to merge left and didnít check my blind spot before bumping into the car beside me, so it wasnít a traumatic experience in any way. Having been in a life-threatening car accident before (like 6 years ago), I know the difference between the two experiences.

    After it was all said and done, I was 100% fine after a couple hours of rest and a meal, and everybody seems to think I was in an accident that split my skull open or something when that was 1000% not what was happening. Words canít express how glad I am that everyoneís been so supportive and checking up, but also - dudes, everything was completely fine the whole time. ^^í Thereís really nothing to be concerned about. I think just sucks that the circumstances made it seem like I went to the hospital because of the accident. Iíd even told the nurse about it before the evaluation and they said I seemed to be perfectly fine, no signs of shock. Iím thankful that everyone is concerned, but dang yíall, my life was never once in danger during the whole ordeal, and I was in very good hands.

    So I guess the moral of the story is: Check your blind spots!
    Just saw this. Holy shit. I've had the game of telephone go like that once, but not nearly as wild: Where I used to work there were a few people with the same name. So I get to work and everyone keeps asking me why I'm there. It gets to where my boss even says I heard you were really sick, I'm glad you got better but he said it like I was faking or something. Finally I just say look I'll go home if it'll make you feel better and then they finally think to ask I wonder which person actually called in...ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I had to do the Lovenox injections for 4 weeks. Gave myself two shots, twice a day. Then I transitioned to Coumadin which was... not fun. You have to watch your vitamin K levels EXTREMELY close, and I had to go to the doctor three times per week to have my levels checked, and my dosage would be adjusted according to what my level was at that point. It sounds like I had a more difficult time with this than most folks, though. Sometimes it would be way too high, and other times way too low. Even going to the doctor three times a week, it once got so high that the doctor sent me to the emergency room. I bruised so, so easy - I had bruises from where my glasses sat on my face. Lol. I mean, I guess every medication has some side effects, and it likely played a hand in saving my life. But it was super hard to adjust to, and I am happy that it was only a year for me. I think many people only stay on them for about six months if they have no further complications.

    Yeah, the doc kepy saying that Coumadin was an option that they didn't want to use. I ended up with Eliquis. One person told me that they heard that if you're on thinners for longer than a year then you're on them forever. It was said just like a Halloween story too, like the guy with a hook for a hand is coming after me. I tried not to laugh.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions