Page 194 of 258 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 244 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,820 of 7895

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    You should ESPECIALLY do them AS SOON AS POSSIBLE these days because IRS fraud is rampant, it has happened to somebody we know, scammers file the return ON YOUR BEHALF, electronically, and steal your refund.

They are now trying to prevent this by companies like H&R Block requiring driver's license numbers, so hopefully that works.
    Wow, I've never heard of that. Thanks for the heads up.

I think next year I'm going to try filing them online.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Wow, I've never heard of that. Thanks for the heads up.

I think next year I'm going to try filing them online.
    I highly recommend it, using H&R Block or TurboTax is REALLY easy and safe. Employers and investment companies are, by law, required to provide your 1099 or W2 by January 31st each year. File your taxes asap after that.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-20-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Fiscal quarters.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    was already feeling queasy tonight (and for most of the day), and then we heard our upstairs neighbors screaming at each other. i started having flashbacks of my abusive relationship and feeling extremely ill. i don't know what to do. that was a couple hours ago and it only lasted for about 10 minutes, but it was still awful.

i should also note that everything else about our new apartment is fantastic, and we are very happy here. but that...really fucked me up.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    fucksake. my friend, who is the father of pretty much my closest and oldest friend (of thirty years,) killed himself today.
    fuuuuuuuuuck.

i can't imagine what my homeboy is going through. he just keeps saying that he doesn't know what to do and can't believe that any of this is real.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-19-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    having a casual acquaintance on social media who is constantly threatening to kill themselves, while ignoring any input from anyone, even things like "really, get off social media and please get some help."

Social media is NOT REAL. It's a facsimile. I hear you, but I can't guide you through it here, because this is just some echo chamber where we congratulate each other for thinking the same way we do and keeping up with whatever banal bullshit we're doing. Facebook isn't going to sweep in and save your life.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    having a casual acquaintance on social media who is constantly threatening to kill themselves, while ignoring any input from anyone, even things like "really, get off social media and please get some help."

Social media is NOT REAL. It's a facsimile. I hear you, but I can't guide you through it here, because this is just some echo chamber where we congratulate each other for thinking the same way we do and keeping up with whatever banal bullshit we're doing. Facebook isn't going to sweep in and save your life.
    I have called the police (white, so white, never when they aren't white, though I question that now a bit even in those cases) and called people's parents (when they aren't white) when people do this shit. If someone threatens suicide in front of me, I really cease to give a shit about them getting pissed off at me when the alternative is them maybe dying.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    i got this message on facebook from some dude saying "WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO FUCK UP MY FAMILY?"

and i was like ummm, what?
    who are you?
    and he won't say anything else.

then i got to thinking about it, and there WAS this lady on a certain message board who was saying that she wanted to die and such because her boyfriend treated her so badly. i suggested that if this guy was beating her or whatever, that, idk, maybe she should leave? and i guess she did.
    so if it's THIS dude, then he's logged into his ex's facebook and possibly ets (which isn't at all creepy) and can fuck right off.

and if not, it's a case of mistaken identity.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    sitting here trying to have a discussion about things with my extended family, and having my brother's wife tell me there's no distinction between the layman dictionary definition of "theory" and a "scientific theory" and then her laughing and saying "well, I'm a scientist, so you tell me what I don't know!!! LOL"

She thinks creationism is a "scientific theory."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    sitting here trying to have a discussion about things with my extended family, and having my brother's wife tell me there's no distinction between the layman dictionary definition of "theory" and a "scientific theory" and then her laughing and saying "well, I'm a scientist, so you tell me what I don't know!!! LOL"

She thinks creationism is a "scientific theory."
    Well, there is Old Earth creationism, and you can be a scientist but still have religious beliefs. I mean, they can co-exist. Old Earth creationism takes the book of Genesis figuratively.

(aren't you asking for elevated blood pressure discussing this kind of shit at family gatherings? Egad)
    Last edited by allegro; 04-22-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    When people believe in the "healing abilities" of Himalayan salt lamps. For fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    When people believe in the "healing abilities" of Himalayan salt lamps. For fuck's sake.
    I have a feeling that most of that shit works because people BELIEVE it works. My mom is into essential oils now and they work.
    I'm afraid that if I say anything about it, it won't work anymore.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m so goddamn tired of workplace politics.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Got the "your numbers suck" conversation I've been due for for a while. Should be able to get shit back on track but GOSH I LOVE CORPORATE RECRUITING AND DEPRESSION!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i was supposed to see Rosetta tonight (one of my favorite bands, missed them last time they were here, saw them one full show before that, and one song of their set the time before that because my abusive ex started a fight with me at that show and guilted me into leaving) but while i was doing dishes in preparation to make dinner, i started getting hot flashes and became extremely dizzy. i didn't really feel much better until almost 9pm, and the show started at 8pm. at that point, i wasn't going to get myself ready and go. really bummed about it.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    a
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i was supposed to see Rosetta tonight (one of my favorite bands, missed them last time they were here, saw them one full show before that, and one song of their set the time before that because my abusive ex started a fight with me at that show and guilted me into leaving) but while i was doing dishes in preparation to make dinner, i started getting hot flashes and became extremely dizzy. i didn't really feel much better until almost 9pm, and the show started at 8pm. at that point, i wasn't going to get myself ready and go. really bummed about it.
    i feel your pain.
    i fucking PERSONALLY convinced the Old 97s to come play in Amarillo. they seriously came here because i wouldn't stop begging ( they are like the favorite sons of Dallas, where they are a huge fucking deal and have a festival named after them. i saw them between 70 and 100 times growing up and, after moving up here, REALLY missed it.)

they REALLY, admittedly, did NOT want to play in fucking amarillo.

So the day of the show comes around and i suddenly spike a 103 degree fever. i like NEVER get sick like that.
    so basically i talked these (now) LA hepcats, who are friends with Jay Leno and Jennifer Aniston and Zack Galifinakas and fucking Waylon Jennings and X and the Pixies etc etc etc, into coming to the top of texas, AKA the 3rd circle of hell, where the men are men and the Sheeps are nervous...and then i didn't fucking show up for the gig. and they know absolutely no one here.

not only was i insanely bummed about it, they (understandably) weren't very fucking happy with me.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-25-2018 at 05:50 AM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    and still... if you blow your life's savings on a game, the problem isn't games... it's that you're a sucker.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    and still... if you blow your life's savings on a game, the problem isn't games... it's that you're a sucker.
    yeah or like a gambling addict

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I have a few things that piss me off

Not a lot of things actually piss me off, I'm normally pretty chill like I'm on weed but I don't need any drugs. Never done any and I don't plan on ever

But...I really, REALLY despise celebrities or just people in general telling or dictating people how to live their lives. I despise people telling people like "go put down your phone and go outside, go meet people", and while, yes that does sound good on paper...it doesn't work for everyone...myself included.

Mind you, I used to be a lot more social then I am now, but there are a lot of people in the world that are non-social, reclusive, don't like people and have trust issues. I'm one of them. When I mean "I don't like people", what I really mean is that I don't like people who pretend to treat me fair and then just shit on me. I've had that happened to me so much that it turned my views on a lot of people cold. Mostly the teachers at my school, which is also why I became a recluse. Thing is...without out shit like Skype, telegram, discord and all those chats places..... I'd honestly fall into a deep depression because I don't actually have any friends to see...honestly...no one. Trust me, I'd love to meet all the people I talk to online, but I just can't....I'm just too poor for it too, so that's another kick in the face. What I'm saying that not everyone has the same mentality as you do so assuming everyone is gonna think like you do is arrogant and stupid. This is the life I got, and I don't know if it will ever change.

the 2nd thing that pisses me off is the locking cell phones in those bag things at concerts. THAT'S A FUCKING LAWSUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN FOR A GOOD FEW REASONS.

First of all...what if someone gets kidnapped? There could have been multiple opportunities to call for help.....only shit....its locked...and I cant get it out....and there might not be anyone to know this would have happened....imagine that? Or maybe you realized something's wrong and you need to call for help......only you cant...because its locked... and your gonna be wasting precious time to get out of the crowd and doing whatever it is to get it unlocked when you could of done it instantly.

Or...what if someone attacked the place like what happened in Paris? With all that panic...there might not be rational thinking, and having phones locked in pouches....can't call for help, cant call my loved ones, cant do jack shit. What now?

Look, I agree that blocking someone's view with a camera is an ass thing to do...but this isn't how you fix it. You have to find a middle ground that we can all agree on. Just locking them up is gonna create even more problems. There has to be a better way

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    People that don’t use their blinkers.

Learn to drive, you fucking assholes!!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    People that don’t use their blinkers.

Learn to drive, you fucking assholes!!!
    my dad is the kind of driver who literally screams at people for doing something wrong...and then proceeds to do that exact same thing in the same car ride. lately he has been doing this thing where he puts on his turn signal when he's already in the middle of changing lanes on the highway, gets honked at, and then yells at the person who honked at him. it's awful.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    A gaggle of shitty Hillary nuts (complete with not real profile pics) jumped me on Twitter because they don’t want to acknowledge some facts nor do they appear interested in working together (I was under the impression we wanted the same things). It’s a wasteland these days and that’s sad. Twitter was a fun place for entertainment news and jokes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    A gaggle of shitty Hillary nuts (complete with not real profile pics) jumped me on Twitter.
    You said a key word that the bots are currently looking for. I'm convinced there are less real people than bots on twitter now.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That’s likely true for the majority but a handful were real people, I think. I’m on a muting spree because these crazies aren’t going to ruin my day and clutter my notifications.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    That’s likely true for the majority but a handful were real people, I think. I’m on a muting spree because these crazies aren’t going to ruin my day and clutter my notifications.
    I deleted my Twitter account and haven't looked back. I used it to follow certain actors and musicians mostly, but then they (and everyone in their comments sections) just became so argumentative and pushy and preachy about every major and minor political issue. Twitter is the bottom of the internet septic tank.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    When I get an accidental sunburn (on one of the first nice days of spring!) and someone says "wear sunscreen" in some attempt to be informative to the situation.

YEAH GEE THANKS. So helpful now that I'm already burnt. Blowing my mind. Thank you. Wow. I don't need aloe or anything, I just need sunscreen. Phew. Problem solved.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    As a ginger...I just don't go outside. Or, if I absolutely have to, I cosplay as Stephen Merchant's character from Logan.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Matt Pinfield.

He didn't bother me as much when he was on MTV.
    But now that he works on the Lithium channel on XM radio, he has some kind of story about how well he knows EVERY fucking band they play. He goes on about how good friends they are and shit, and it's SO painfully pretentious. Like ffs, I interviewed tricky in the late nineties. But that doesn't mean we're FRIENDS or that I KNOW him.

In his recent interview with Maynard, he kept going on about how long he and Maynard had been friends and it was SO cringey. He made reference to it about five times. I think one of the worst parts was where he said something about Maynard being reclusive and then quickly added "but not towards ME of course. WE'VE been FRIENDS for twenty years!"
    And it came up that the last time he had "hung out" with Maynard was when he interviewed him for eMOTIVe.
    I really, REALLY get the impression that their "friendship" = Pinfield has interviewed him a handful of times.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Richard Blade on First Wave is exactly the same way, his entire show is about him and all the people he knows and he plays music related to those stories about himself, for HOURS. Every. Day.

“Oh yes, this next band you may recognize as the Psychedelic Furs, but I must tell you about my VERY GOOD FRIEND Richard Butler, and the time he and I shared an elevator at the Chateau Marmont and he asked me what floor I wanted, we had a very memorable chat indeed, so here is Love My Way ... by my very good friends...”

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    For those of us unfortunate enough to remember Ain’t It Cool News, one of their featured “critics” was Steve “Capone” Prokopy, and he was their Chicago based guy, so he’d get to host nearly every Chicago area movie event/Q&A/etc. He would make the interviews about him or relate the Q&A to his perspective and dominate the talking time. It was annoying. He was awful.
    I’m glad AICN is all but gone now. Capone sucked but Harry Knowles was the real villain there.