Page 174 of 264 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 184 224 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,220 of 7895

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    what's up fuckers. i've been in the hospital. my wife had like forty seizures.
    the er doctor said she was "faking."
    I went fucking sideways on him and screamed and cussed at him.
    Later ANOTHER fucking doctor accused her of "faking it" and got the nurses to believe it.

The nerologist apologized profusely for these fucking morons saying that she was "faking" seizures and told us that along with her epilepsy, she also has a second seizure disorder called PNES.

I am thinking of writing terrible things in the reviews for these drs on the internets.
    I WISH i knew how to go about litigation for malpractice.
    christ. so sorry to hear. it's an unfortunate truth that people with substance abuse pasts get treated unfairly by medical professionals.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    christ. so sorry to hear. it's an unfortunate truth that people with substance abuse pasts get treated unfairly by medical professionals.
    yeah and she doesn't even have MUCH of a substance abuse past. that's me (and it's more of a long term substance abuse PRESENT, lolol.)

BUT. I had fed her xanax to stop the seizures. And she had taken an old fiorcet which is codine and butalbital AND she smoked a little wax with my brother at xmas time, so she tested positive for benzos, barbituates, opiates, and marijuana. So that shit didn't look so good.
    And then, yeah, i show up and my hair is two feet long and i have 1" holes in my ears and my eyes are pinned, so THAT shit didn't help much either.

But still. Fuck these pieces of shit. She wasn't "FAKING," she has a little understood psychogenic seizure disorder.

I told one of the idiot nurses that i kind of stockpile pharmaceuticals, so if she wanted drugs she could have drugs at home. She wouldn't have to "fake" a fucking seizure, much less FORTY of them.

Fucking pieces of shit.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    ALSO, this happened at the hospital: the asshole dr that accused her of faking it called both her and my mom honey and darling and shit and he WAS NOT A TEXAN.

If you move to texas, you better fucking be here for awhile before you start talking like us. It's okay for US to call EACH OTHER hon and whatnot, but if you are gonna say that shit, you better have at least a BIT of a drawl.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Broke one of my own Cardinal Rules of Internettery and googled an ex. Not for romantic reasons, believe me, just because I hadn't thought about her in forever and was curious where she ended up in life. Fictional character she would remind you of: Livia Soprano, if she were played by a manic-pixie dreamgirl. Not the greatest human being is my point.

I ended up discovering that she's a fellow at a a major university in the field I'd like to be in, and she put out a book that was nominated for a number of national awards and accolades. Which, of course, sent me into a crazy spiral about how I've totally wasted my life. I'm also a writer. Or at least I used to be. And from what I recall, her stuff wasn't particularly good. Anyways, end of the thought process: Well, I could get back to work on a new novel, but why bother? Wouldn't it just be easier to be dead?

I hate my brain's chemistry.
    The success or lack thereof of a piece of work like writing or music has little to do with the quality of the work. See, for instance, Nickleback.
    I know you are a great writer from personal experience, first hand.
    My father once told me that this type of success is all about being in the right place at the right time with the right shit.

And talk about feeling like you wasted your life: i don't even have a fucking DEGREE. i LITERALLY have a genius level iq and instead of going to school, i became an alcoholic and a heroin addict and pissed everything away.
    Now i am 36 and i feel very lucky to be alive.
    Perspective, @Sesquipedalism
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-10-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    what's up fuckers. i've been in the hospital. my wife had like forty seizures.
    the er doctor said she was "faking."
    I went fucking sideways on him and screamed and cussed at him.
    Later ANOTHER fucking doctor accused her of "faking it" and got the nurses to believe it.

The nerologist apologized profusely for these fucking morons saying that she was "faking" seizures and told us that along with her epilepsy, she also has a second seizure disorder called PNES.

I am thinking of writing terrible things in the reviews for these drs on the internets.
    I WISH i knew how to go about litigation for malpractice.
    When we wanted to do that with my wife, we just dropped off all pertinent records at the lawyer and they did the research as to whether they would move forward or not. It was free and they def. did all the work. Well, other than getting the records, that's an issue.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    @Sesquipedalism , i , too, dropped out of college to do a shitload of drugs because of this selfsame pathetic lovelorn status.
    and then i tried it again and dropped out again for the same fucking reason.
    We sound like similar characters, hence our NIN obsession.

But AT LEAST you got your fucking master's, right? I have NO degree. And now my fucking back is broken and i can't work AT ALL.

I'm not trying to break your balls. I do the same thing, looking back at all the might have c c could have beens. But if you do it too much, it will fuck up your present you know? at least this is what people are always telling me. and you're welcome to see present as a goofy double entendre if you like.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    how about this? i have all this fucking recording equipment and like 20 songs and i've recorded exactly TWO songs.
    and i can't seem to force myself to finish anything.

oh and @Sesquipedalism : fuck your ex, she's not about shit.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I want to smash my imac and get a new one that actually works.
    I am looking at that damn spinning rainbow ball all day and I've had enough!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I want to smash my imac and get a new one that actually works.
    I am looking at that damn spinning rainbow ball all day and I've had enough!
    You may need more RAM. That helped mine a LOT. Also, download CCleaner for free.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/?gclid...170211050644:s

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400840,00.asp

Edit: I also stopped using fucking Safari. It's a resource-hogging turd bucket. It pisses me off that I have the "early 2009" iMac and I'm maxed out at 8 gigs of RAM. My 2016 MacBook Pro screams with speed compared to this. And it still feels kinda shitty ditching a really expensive computer just because it's 8 years old; that's not cheap enough to be in the "disposable" category, to me. Not in 2017. I remember when a 386 motherboard cost $1,200. But we aren't in the 80s, anymore.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-12-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

ALSO, this happened at the hospital: the asshole dr that accused her of faking it called both her and my mom honey and darling and shit and he WAS NOT A TEXAN.

If you move to texas, you better fucking be here for awhile before you start talking like us. It's okay for US to call EACH OTHER hon and whatnot, but if you are gonna say that shit, you better have at least a BIT of a drawl.
    Oh please, give me a fucking break. I'm sure all the folks who move to New York City are dying to sound like Archie Bunker, but wait a certain amount of time until native New Yorkers say it's ok.

I swear that was the first video that came up on YouTube, but holy shit the democrats. Lulz.

And another thing, who the fuck wants to talk like a Texan. Dam near ruin the English language ! The one that pisses me off, dropping words and tenses like "that don't bother me none" " or "that don't make no sense". Argh!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    My Mom's new eye doctor kept calling both of us "honey" and "darlin'" and he's from up here.

We fired him and we're seeing a new eye doctor next week.

No, thanks.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    yeah @Dra508 i guess it's more of the context here that pisses me off. (the context of him being a total asshole and saying that my wife was FAKING seizures.)
    This guy obviously was from the east but was saying hon and darling like in a sarcastic, condescending way.
    And if he just talked that way because he talked that way, it wouldn't have upset me is what i was getting at.
    also this entire situation infuriated me, like, to the point to where i am plotting SERIOUS revenge against these people.

For the record, i don't have much of an accent to speak of myself (at least i don't think so. although i had a phone conversation with a member of this board who lived way up north and he laughed at my texas accent and i about fell out of my seat when he said "aboot")

But i DAMN sure don't say "that don't bother me none."
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-11-2017 at 04:26 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

...who lived way up north and he laughed at my texas accent and I about fell out of my seat when he said "aboot")
    And I about.... it's not the accent, it's the use of the language around here. My grand mother is spinning in her grave.

I like all accents. Seriously, I'm Noam Chomsky of accent loving, but machete the spoken word.! Argh.

I'm sorry for all the shit you and your wife have gone through health-wise.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    A little thing that pisses me off is when someone spouts off with a bunch of conjecture about something political and when you try to correct them they just go "it's just my opinion".
    Like, yeah technically "the court is totally overstepping it's authority, If Hillary would have wanted this people would be cheering her on. Good God!!! Remember this the next time there's a bombing or an attack." is an opinion, but god damn you HAVE A MASTERS DEGREE IN PSYCHOLOGY.
    In-laws... good stuff...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    angry angry people say their helping when they're actually manipulatingi will be cutting off so many people, i can hold a grudge a long time
    -louie

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    amtrak. everything about it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    A little thing that pisses me off is when someone spouts off with a bunch of conjecture about something political and when you try to correct them they just go "it's just my opinion".
    Like, yeah technically "the court is totally overstepping it's authority, If Hillary would have wanted this people would be cheering her on. Good God!!! Remember this the next time there's a bombing or an attack." is an opinion, but god damn you HAVE A MASTERS DEGREE IN PSYCHOLOGY.
    In-laws... good stuff...
    update:

"Let's face it we " Americans" will never know any of the real factual truth to any of what's going on!!"

The worst part is, I know she isn't alone in these thoughts. As someone who works in the "big bad media" this just disgusts me.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    And I about.... it's not the accent, it's the use of the language around here. My grand mother is spinning in her grave.
    touche.
    lol.
    and i just read David Foster Wallace's Tense Present and loved it and was sharing it with english minded friends.
    I guess you can take the boy out of the country... :P

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    "Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk"

Come on guys. Turn those dumb signatures off.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Being a complete idiot and booking the wrong flight despite double checking somehow. Was able to use girl privilege and cry to customer service and they waived the crazy expensive transfer fees, but of course the airline being an airline charges "over the phone" booking fees I cant get out of. Oh well, at least I get to go home and see my family and the new house might be close to being finished by then.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i met a guy on match who came all the way from pocatello (about three and a half hours) for a dinner date. he was so nervous that he drank too much too fast. it got sloppy and i ended up putting him in a cab and deleting his number.

dating at 36 sucks.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    "Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk"

Come on guys. Turn those dumb signatures off.
    Sorry sorry sorry. I keep doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

It's expected in my work, but lord I hate to be lied to. Fuuuuuckkk

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sesquipedalism View Post
    what is it you do? Attorney? Police officer? Tax auditor? I'm trying to think of professions where one expects to be lied to more than one normally expects to be lied to while on the job.
    Sales!!!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Sales!!!
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I actually used a technique I heard/read about on picking out lying and it fucking worked. The worst part, I'm actually "teaming" with another sales guy for this customer (he was there first) and I confirmed that this customer contact is totes, team other guy. Nothing like selling past one customer person while being under mind by one of your own guys. Dumb asses. My challenge, get someone to like me because no surprise, people buy from people they like. #fml

All that: I like Minneapolis. I could live here.
    Last edited by Dra508; 02-14-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

. In what profession might one expect people would not lie to you? .
    I vote for psychologist/psychiatrist. Only in circumstances that you are trying to get out of something would you lie, right?

I don't take it personally that they lie. I see it as an inability to be honest because what you say will disappoint: I don't want to buy your shit.

I get pissy when you lie to make you look better. This asswipe told some BS story that HE had a meeting with these 3 guys I asked him to introduce me to and said they were too busy. Lie detector says: you didn't have a meet up with them. You just told me you did so you can show you are important and I am not. Fuck that, you're lying. You didn't have a meeting.
    Last edited by Dra508; 02-14-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Huh. I guess I was just taking "sales" as par for the course when it comes to being lied to. Which in no way makes it any more pleasant or acceptable.

Now I'm curious—and this is in no way meant to be flippant or dismissive of Dra's complaint, which is entirely legitimate. In what profession might one expect people would not lie to you? Or at least lie to you less frequently than average for business transactions? Are there any?

I mean, it makes seriously good sense to never lie to your doctor, but most people do for reasons ranging from insurance concerns to judgment to drug-seeking. I'd say research scientist, but people fudge results all the time. Hm.
    manual labor jobs require honest communication. i don't even work in construction or anything, i do low-voltage (phone, computer networking, satellite/cable, home theater/TV, etc.) and it can be dangerous, so being clear is paramount. it's also really important that we're honest with our customers ("no, we won't be able to do that" or "this is going to take far longer than we expected because of this unforeseen circumstance") so that they don't get pissed off when it's time to pay their bills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hallmark holidays

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    In what profession might one expect people would not lie to you?
    LAW. We are bound by the Canons of Ethics.

But professions that are likely to lie? Sales. Particular Cars and Health Club Sales. But I think what @Dra508 was saying is that even though Salespeople are known for lying, it doesn't mean it's any easier being lied TO by said salespeople, particularly if you're working on a team and they're throwing you under the bus with lies.

I have been lied to, on NUMEROUS occasions, by people in construction. Even by my CLIENTS in construction. Totally full-of-shit industry, unfortunately.

The Xfinity cable guy also lied to me, telling me that I had to re-wire all of the co-ax in my house before I could get X1. A really nice Comcast/Xfinity chick helped me out last week by having a management rep call me, the nice Xfinity lady said that the cable guy was LAZY and lied. A week later, I have X1 on three of my TVs and the management rep who helped me last week called again this morning (as promised) and is sending out 3 more boxes. Which I could have had two years ago, if not for the lazy lying cable guy. Everybody HAS TO switch to X1, they're phasing out all of the old system.

Edit: On topic. pisses me off: the fingerprint ID thing on my iPhone 7 keeps blowing out my fingerprint, and I keep having to recreate it.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-14-2017 at 11:43 AM.