Page 149 of 264 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 7895

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    As an active Social Justice Warrior, even I can recognize and acknowledge all of the fuckery from that case... Not saying that she MADE IT ALL UP FOR MONEY or whatever. But mental health is a bitch, and manifests in many different ways.

But I also recognize the shit she had to endure after all of it shook out wasn't appropriate AT ALL.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 04-14-2016 at 03:47 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    when he ended our friendship, it was like a breakup. it was horrible. 2010 was the worst year of my life and that was a fairly significant part of it.
    This. So much this.

I know I'm taking this somewhat out of context but it resonates with me at the moment because I've been thinking about my former best friend a bit more lately than I had been. When our friendship ended it was devastating. Absolutely devastating. And yeah, it felt like a break up, in a way. It's not easy losing the closest person in your life.

If she messaged me tomorrow and wanted to talk I would welcome it but at the same time it would be a bit much to get my head around. Sorry you're going through that. I don't blame you one bit for being angry about the whole thing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    this is all i know about kobe bryant other than the fact that he's a basketball player, and that makes me hate him.
    Do you feel the charges were unjustly dropped?

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Tornado warning with sirens going off and shit...
    to basement or not to basement?
    i need to clean out our fucking basement for next time at any rate. it LOOKS like this one SHOULD miss us, but it's still pretty fucking scary.

it's four miles north and moving away so i went outside and looked at it. i've never seen anything like it, and tornadoes are VERY common here.
    The clouds were swirling and moving like smoke.

Edit: btw, i don't, and never will believe that Kobe sexually assaulted anyone.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-15-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocal_fry_register

yea, if you fall into that category we can't be friends. sorry, not sorry.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    A bit annoyed after importing Kendrick Lamar and Grimes CDs onto my iPod to find I couldn't search for them by 'artist' only 'album' and to find for some reason the albums are seen as being by 'various artists'. I had to go back in and update the info myself. This information came from the CDs, very irritating as I thought at first it had fucked up

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Came back from break ready to start back at Uni and my laptop would not turn on. Doesn't even register being plugged in. Took it to a repair shop and it had a motherboard failure. Good news is that there was no hard drive damage so the data is recoverable but I still have to go shopping for a new computer.
    Apparently its a known manufacturing defect for the model (Lenovo e530) that could have been fixed while still under warranty if they had actually told customers about the issue. But since my warranty is expired and the model has been discontinued there is nothing they will do for me now.

And I only have one month left to go for this school year and lots of computer based projects due in this month! Do I wait for a good deal this summer to get a replacement (and be stuck going to the library for all my work) or just get something now

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    A bit annoyed after importing Kendrick Lamar and Grimes CDs onto my iPod to find I couldn't search for them by 'artist' only 'album' and to find for some reason the albums are seen as being by 'various artists'. I had to go back in and update the info myself. This information came from the CDs, very irritating as I thought at first it had fucked up
    this happens to my plex a lot. It drives me fucking crazy.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I think iTunes reads the "composer" tag, not the "artist one", so when there's a bunch of collaborators the tracks go all over the place. I used to retag everything so that it wouldn't happen...

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    nobody here seems to want to join me on plex. I seriously don't think you people understand how amazing it is. And it's free, for fuck's sake

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    nobody here seems to want to join me on plex. I seriously don't think you people understand how amazing it is. And it's free, for fuck's sake
    What is Plex?

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    What is Plex?
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ht=plex+thread

plex is how i have access to like 10,000 movies and 1,000 tv shows.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    I think iTunes reads the "composer" tag, not the "artist one", so when there's a bunch of collaborators the tracks go all over the place. I used to retag everything so that it wouldn't happen...
    on my iPhone, i tend to sort by album because it still files alphabetically by artist, and shows each album individually. however, i had the soundtrack for The Guest on my phone because i listen to it all the time, and it stopped showing up there, so i thought there was something wrong with the files. turns out that one of the recent iOS updates made it so that if something is marked as a compilation, it no longer shows up under the "albums" category (even though it used to), which is so stupid. it shows up in a completely separate "compilations" category, even though a compilation is technically an album. so i had to go into the info and uncheck the "compilation" box so that it would show up where i wanted it to. definitely a small gripe, but still a really bad software decision.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    on my iPhone, i tend to sort by album because it still files alphabetically by artist, and shows each album individually. however, i had the soundtrack for The Guest on my phone because i listen to it all the time, and it stopped showing up there, so i thought there was something wrong with the files. turns out that one of the recent iOS updates made it so that if something is marked as a compilation, it no longer shows up under the "albums" category (even though it used to), which is so stupid. it shows up in a completely separate "compilations" category, even though a compilation is technically an album. so i had to go into the info and uncheck the "compilation" box so that it would show up where i wanted it to. definitely a small gripe, but still a really bad software decision.
    Thank you, this is what happened, they were marked as compilations, why they would be marked as this i have no idea

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It's 49° outside why would we want to run heat ... I'll be fucking ecstatic to be gone from this place.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Our heating system isn't working that well and even though the summer is coming we still have cold nights.
    The plumber wanted to be here at 10 a.m., because I have to start working two hours later and have to walk the dog before I leave.
    It's 11 a.m. now and guess who still is not here...

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    so according to my lawyer, I'm legally pretty much screwed, and my best recourse is to pay the severance fee for breaking my lease... all told this is going to wind up being around 6000 dollars. Fuck. Good thing I had something put away for a rainy day, because it's pouring.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    There was a tornado drill at work. Thousands of people all condensed together in a basement. That's way too many voices and my brain was like, "We can't focus so you're just going to hear noise we can't make sense of and we may just shut down. Don't know yet."

Not fun but thankfully it was over quickly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Purchased a new (to me) car yesterday. Test drive went great, financing was painless. All in all, the best interaction I've had with a car dealership. Then, on my first drive home, 1 mile from the dealership, in heavy interstate traffic, the clutch took a dump, pedal stuck to the floor, and the stick would not go into any gear. Traffic backed up behind me - lots of honking - sat in the middle of the lane for a good 10 minutes before someone stopped to help me push it onto the shoulder. So, a grand total of 3 minutes driving my new car, and then an hour of waiting for a tow truck to take it back to the dealership. The service department seems to be on top of their game, so it'll all work out in the long run, but I was really looking forward to taking it on a road trip to the Appalachian mountains to try some curvy road driving this weekend. I'm pretty bummed that's not happening.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Entering and exiting double doors with one door locked.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Constipation. Fuck off.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    i gave this guy i met in amarillo a track to rap on. i waited SIX FUCKING MONTHS for him to do it. And he kept putting me off.
    Then i showed it to one of my favorite drum and bass mc's from back home in dallas, a guy who has been an mc at practically every dnb show and rave party i ever went to in my life. he loved it and sent me vocal tracks in like 48 hours. i was honored that he would even want to work with me, you know?

and now the original dude is acting all hurt/angry about it.

i didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but what the fuck!?

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    edit: moved to Death, Dying and Grief thread.

That's why i made that thread. Deaths of loved ones doesn't exactly fit in the "little things that piss you off" thread.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-28-2016 at 04:05 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Entering and exiting double doors with one door locked.
    I totally agree. I hate that! Makes you look dumb and it's not your fault. Also, makes me want to break something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate that I can't go anywhere and make outlandish religious claims and be taken seriously.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Let's see if we're really allowed to vent in here about minor annoyances or if I'm going to get my head chewed off for this.

Beyonce. It blows my mind regularly that people speak about her as if she's some gorgeous sex icon. She's not. She's seriously not good looking. Her face is passable, but her body is revolting. Asses that huge aren't a good thing! Black culture has this thing for 'thick' girls, but that just means 'fat' and it just completely baffles me. It's not attractive, but I want to reiterate that I'm not just targeting her randomly for no reason. This is in response to the entire world thinking she's some amazing 10/10 goddess, it feels like I'm not in on the world's biggest inside joke. It's fine that she's not an attractive person, but being held up in such high regard for her physical looks is totally mystifying to me.

Anyway, that isn't even the whole thing. Apparently it's 'in' to like her music? Did nobody get the newsflash that she makes shitty pop music in the same vein as Justin Bieber or One Direction? Screaming about infidelity isn't suddenly deep or some new concept, it's been a pretty consistent thing in every single genre of music since the invention of music. Once again, there's nothing wrong with pop music in principle. I love a ton of shitty pop music myself. But the issue is that people are treating her as if she's a real, serious artist writing worthwhile good music. That's the problem, it's a total joke and an insult to legitimate musicians to classify this stuff as anything other than lowest common denominator mainstream pop.

Whatever, maybe I'm bitching less about Beyonce and more about people who are putting her up on a pedestal due to both her physicality and her artistic talent. Not even putting her on a pedestal, but there are honestly people who think she's the most attractive woman and the most talented artist in the scene right now. That's so far beyond the level that she's actually on, it's in an entirely other universe.

(Also P.S. don't take my 'what in the hell' tone as a serious, deep rage. I really think these things, but they're definitely not some active hatred I carry around with me daily. I like to rant about dumb little things.)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    ^^^
    clueless about a lot of things

EDIT: I used to not care about Rihanna, nor find her attractive, then one day a while ago someone I respect said "Rihanna is my JAM" so I checked her out again; I totally fell in love with Rated R, then moved on to the rest of her discography, now I'm a huge fan, I think she's one of the best current pop artists, and I think she's hot as fuck too, is a total badass with an awesome don't give a fuck attitude
    Last edited by aggroculture; 04-28-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    ^^^
    clueless about a lot of things
    lol what? A person thinking another person is unattractive and untalented isn't clueless about shit. Unless there's some fact or knowledge that I'm missing in my assessment of the situation, which I more than welcome you to fill me in on.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Let's see if we're really allowed to vent in here about minor annoyances or if I'm going to get my head chewed off for this.

Beyonce. It blows my mind regularly that people speak about her as if she's some gorgeous sex icon. She's not. She's seriously not good looking. Her face is passable, but her body is revolting. Asses that huge aren't a good thing! Black culture has this thing for 'thick' girls, but that just means 'fat' and it just completely baffles me. It's not attractive, but I want to reiterate that I'm not just targeting her randomly for no reason. This is in response to the entire world thinking she's some amazing 10/10 goddess, it feels like I'm not in on the world's biggest inside joke. It's fine that she's not an attractive person, but being held up in such high regard for her physical looks is totally mystifying to me.

Anyway, that isn't even the whole thing. Apparently it's 'in' to like her music? Did nobody get the newsflash that she makes shitty pop music in the same vein as Justin Bieber or One Direction? Screaming about infidelity isn't suddenly deep or some new concept, it's been a pretty consistent thing in every single genre of music since the invention of music. Once again, there's nothing wrong with pop music in principle. I love a ton of shitty pop music myself. But the issue is that people are treating her as if she's a real, serious artist writing worthwhile good music. That's the problem, it's a total joke and an insult to legitimate musicians to classify this stuff as anything other than lowest common denominator mainstream pop.

Whatever, maybe I'm bitching less about Beyonce and more about people who are putting her up on a pedestal due to both her physicality and her artistic talent. Not even putting her on a pedestal, but there are honestly people who think she's the most attractive woman and the most talented artist in the scene right now. That's so far beyond the level that she's actually on, it's in an entirely other universe.

(Also P.S. don't take my 'what in the hell' tone as a serious, deep rage. I really think these things, but they're definitely not some active hatred I carry around with me daily. I like to rant about dumb little things.)
    I do like some songs by Beyonce but I don't think she's as great as people think she is. I think she's pretty but she's not my type. PJ Harvey is more of my type. I do agree with you on the fact that she's not as great as people think she is. I don't get it either. To me, that level of greatness is rare as Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Dylan, the Beatles, the Stones, Led Zeppelin, Bowie, Michael Jackson, and Prince are in my opinion that circle of greatness although I think I'm going to get flack that I'm just mentioning men. Of the women, I would probably put Whitney Houston in that list as she just that had that voice that is so incredible though I think it was a shame how damaged they've become in the past 10-12 years of her life. Whitney may have not been a songwriter but I still see her as an artist in the way she used her voice as an instrument and how she was able to transcend the ideas of pop, soul, and rock to create something that is special. Do I think Beyonce is in the same level as Whitney? No.

I wouldn't lump Beyonce in the same spectrum as Bieber and One Direction but to call her an artist is kind of laughable as it's easy to forget that it was her father that did a lot of the work to make her this big star. Doesn't anyone remember the "Say My Name" video which featured her, Kelly Rowland, and 2 new girls where one of them wouldn't last for months? Doesn't anyone remember a magazine cover that had the group be seen as the new Supremes where Beyonce is in the Diana Ross role? And let's not forget the movies she's been in? Aside from Dreamgirls (which she was the weak link in that film), does anyone here think she has the chops to be a great actress?

I don't want to take a total piss on her but I too don't laud her as much as the public do. Besides, I just can't take anyone seriously who would be part of a world where people wave champagne glasses in front of your face.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Also, you should take this to the Controversial Music Opinions or Shitty Music thread.