Page 103 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yep. A few years back, I was in the hospital for about a week due to my hormonal birth control. I had a huge DVT, and my lungs were packed with PE. They almost went in and put in a filter to make sure no more clots got into my lungs, because there were so many of them, and I couldn't fucking breathe. PE can cause dizziness, light headedness, etc...

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Eeek! I'm sorry to hear you went through all that and I'm glad you're ok!

I will definitely mention it to my doctor next week. I mean, if it's that then I should be going to the ER, obviously, but I feel ok now so I figure I'll be fine until my doctor's appointment. If it happens again tomorrow then maybe I'll have to page my doctor and ask him what he thinks I should do.

Edit: You know, I also got SEVERE fatigue right around the same time. Like, I've been noticing it somewhat lately but today it just got crazy bad. I walked to the break room to get a drink of water and walked back to my desk and I felt completely wiped out. Which was also unusual.
    Last edited by theruiner; 02-28-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    this scares me more than it pisses me off...i turn 35 tomorrow.

THIRTY...FUCKING...FIVE.

it seems like i just turned 22

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    You'll feel the same when you're 60, and will be fucking pissed off because everyone will think you're old when you're really not. Better get used to it !

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

THIRTY...FUCKING...FIVE.
    I'm getting my first gray hairs now — 35 is not old.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

THIRTY...FUCKING...FIVE.

it seems like i just turned 22
    LOL my Dad turns 76 tomorrow, at least you ain't him.

Yet.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Why do I continue to pay for UFC pay per views? $59.99 and the main event was over in 14 seconds. Dang lol.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    LOL my Dad turns 76 tomorrow, at least you ain't him.

Yet.
    There really isn't much time here, is there?

I'm finally learning to make the best of it though.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I thought the event was great overall. Ronda is the devil...a hot, goofy, murdering devil.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    There really isn't much time here, is there?
    It goes by REAL fast. Happy birthday, though!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Can we stop using "meh" to describe things and just admit that when you do it's either out of complete laziness and/or you don't really have the words to describe whatever you're being dismissive of?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Can we stop using "meh" to describe things and just admit that when you do it's either out of complete laziness and/or you don't really have the words to describe whatever you're being dismissive of?
    But isn't that the whole point of "meh"?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The point is to add nothing to what one is trying to criticize and just be dismissive with the blandest term possible? I would rather just find the words and not be lazy.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Meh.

Maybe we should bring back le word filter?
    Last edited by Dra508; 03-02-2015 at 11:01 AM. Reason: auto correct my ass

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Italian has "beh" "boh" and "mah" - they all mean different things.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Meh indicates indifference to me. Like, I don't care enough one way or another about the topic.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Meh is a perfectly valid comment for me... Basically like saying "you thought that would raise my interest but really I see nothing of value here, it's not even good enough for me to hate it"...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    this week and next week are going to be horrible.

took kaylee, one of our cats, to the vet on saturday, because she once again has a UTI. as soon as i brought her home, our other cat, mal, started hissing/growling at her. every time they come near each other, they try to kill each other. they usually get along pretty well. my wife and i have both barely slept the last two nights because they just won't chill out.

i have work every day this week (yay, work is good) but i also have to do ALL of the sound work for the upcoming show my theatre company is opening NEXT FRIDAY. tech starts a week from today. most of the directors (it's a 10-minute festival, 12 plays based on the songs from OK Computer) didn't get in touch with me to let me know what they need in terms of sound/music until YESTERDAY. how am i supposed to do sound for 12 plays in a week with work every day? every day including saturday, when i have to go to a customer's new house (she's moving this weekend) and re-set up all of her systems.

oh, and the cover band that i'm in (it's basically the elizabeth dane, my main band, plus three female vocalists) is playing a show on saturday night at 10pm. so after working all day, i have to pack up all of the equipment into my car and then go play a show that i don't even want to play. i had said i could MAYBE do it and one of the vocalists went ahead and booked it without confirming with anyone. i hate playing covers and i'm only doing it because they have no one else and i'm too nice. also, we just found out today that our set has to be 90 minutes, which is insane. so we have to add a bunch of songs (boo) AND play some elizabeth dane songs (yay) to fill out the extra time. and then i have to drive my wife somewhere sunday morning, have practice with my other band, ganser, on sunday afternoon, and then tech starts for the play the next day.

i swear i may be dead from stress & lack of sleep by next weekend.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    So, a friend of mine is going to spend some days at the hospital while they try to figure out why her hormones are in full civil war mode, another one just lost her first unborn child, that one got dumped by her husband of 20 years, my father is being treated for blood cancer, and my uncle has been put in a coma due to another, unrelated, blood sickness destroying his immune system and subsequently 80% of his lungs.

Dear 2015, Fuck You. Regards Up Your Ass.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    took kaylee, one of our cats, to the vet on saturday, because she once again has a UTI. as soon as i brought her home, our other cat, mal, started hissing/growling at her. every time they come near each other, they try to kill each other. they usually get along pretty well. my wife and i have both barely slept the last two nights because they just won't chill out.
    This happens a lot when you take one of your cats to the vet; they smell "vet smells" etc., and oddly enough there may be other stressful things that are causing the UTI (FLUTD) in the first place that you guys don't even know about. we're going through the same thing right now (EXCEPT WITH FOUR CATS, 3 females and 1 male), one female was pissing blood, one female PISSED IN MY LASER PRINTER (which actually turned out kinda cool because we ended up with this cool Samsung that took me seconds to set up and we can now print from all of our mobile devices, but I've since created "printer covers" out of corrugated boxes) so my vet recommended stuff like this but I haven't noticed it working all that much so I just started trying to see which cat wasn't getting as much human attention and creating "escape routes" for the most stressed cats, and we have one litter box for each cat (FOUR) and they're not next to each other, and we have various high places where they can jump to get away from each other, etc. Good luck, fighting cats is truly maddening. My dog is ready to commit suicide.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-02-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    i hate playing covers and i'm only doing it because they have no one else and i'm too nice.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    My dog is ready to commit suicide.
    The conflict-averse type?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    The conflict-averse type?
    it's all the screaming. The cats, and me screaming at the cats.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    i hate playing covers and i'm only doing it because they have no one else and i'm too nice.
    What kind of covers?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    What kind of covers?
    we're called The Lucky Shiners and we're a fight-themed cover band. i'm not the original drummer but this will be my...fourth show with them in the last year? and jon, the second guitarist from the elizabeth dane, wasn't originally in the band either; this is only his second show with us. the first show i played with them, we also had a piano player, which really helped flesh things out and took some of the pressure off the guitar. it also made it so we could play ridiculous things like "baby one more time" and (the big hit of that show) "my heart will go on" but this is a smaller show so we can't even have the third vocalist we usually have.

some of the songs are actually fun to play (beat it, eye of the tiger, another one bites the dust, kiss with a fist, seven nation army, goin' out west (not fight themed specifically but we needed to fill time))
    some are songs i like but are kind of boring to play (hit me with your best shot, kung fu fighting, beat on the brat, shakedown on ninth street)
    and some make me want to gouge out my own ears (so what (by pink), saturday night's alright, fight for your right (to party), she (by green day))

side note - i didn't get to pick or have any say in choosing any of these songs. the only one i actually would have gone for is goin' out west, though, like i said, some of them are unexpectedly fun to play.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    we're called The Lucky Shiners and we're a fight-themed cover band
    I'm fucking in right now, when and were are you playing next?!?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I'm fucking in right now, when and were are you playing next?!?
    after this? probably Brawl Ball, which is the fundraiser our theatre companies do together (half of us are members of Tympanic Theatre and the other half are members of The Ruckus, which are sister companies here in chicago). i think that's going to be on april 25th, and there will also (hopefully) be an elizabeth dane set that evening.

p.s. we all do makeup to make it look like we've gotten the shit kicked out of us, thought it's hard for me because i sweat so much behind the kit.

another thing that pisses me off: i have two posters in excellent condition that i want to put in frames (joy division - closer / the empire strikes back original promo poster)
    but they're fucking weird sizes: 25 x 35.5 & 27 x 40.5
    the frames at michael's (and everywhere else in the US, apparently) are 24 x 36 & 27 x 40.
    so i either have to pay out the ass to get custom framing or i have to somehow find a way to fit them into pre-made frames without destroying them.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    People getting their pets high on weed.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    (highly enraged, strong language and strong negativity warning)
    fucktards without kids who have all the fucking answers in the fucking known universe about a subject they have no experience in. and don't tell me your fucking cat or dog gives you ANY inkling of what it is like to be parent. and SPARE ME your fucking speech about what you will do as a parent when you actually become one: you have no FUCKING CLUE how you will be as a parent until you actually are one. fucking shit cockballs. i wish to fuck i could be a fly on the fucking wall when you actually DO have kids, you prissy simpering asshat, because you will watch your ideals fall away one after the other...and will STILL think you have all the answers. fuck you, fuck your uptight ancient mindset, and fucking GOOD LUCK when your time comes. cunt fuck.
    Last edited by Lew; 03-03-2015 at 02:35 PM. Reason: gender incorrect sexual organ

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    This isn't another one of those "I'm mad because I can't control my kid in public (especially on a plane) and people got rightfully annoyed by it and what's really happening is that I'm feeling shame and embarrassment." is it?
    I'm not trying to be provocative but that is how a lot of those types of rants end up shaking out and that all was pretty vague on circumstances.
    Also, dogs are the best! Cats are okay too.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Also, dogs are the best! Cats are okay too.
    Do you think it's okay to get a cat high?