Thread: Random Stupidity, Post-Apocalpyse Edition

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I need a drink...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I remembered the e coli outbreak halfway through a salad today. Pray for me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    https://lyrebird.ai/ This is seriously creeping me out.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    https://lyrebird.ai/ This is seriously creeping me out.
    Fuck that. I'm too paranoid a person to even remotely think about that shit. This is like blatant identity theft shit packaged as a fun gimmick.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I thought I saw it all until I saw this. I didn't expect the rabbit hole of memes and parodies to go this far, but at the very same time, I'm not all that surprised, yet ironically/paradoxically my mind is still blown.

As much as I've lived for parodies and memes on the Internet, this is when I just got to take a step back from it all and say, perhaps that's enough for now and to just take a vacation from it all. I also wanted to scale back because I also got inundated with too much lurking all over social media, forums and YouTube.

However, it's still fun to at the very least make timely posts around holidays and what-not.

And looking back, and as mentioned in the Little things that cheer you up. thread, one of the biggest reasons why I was hooked on parodies and memes, was because it all actually started for me Newgrounds and YTMND.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...561#post440561

I grew up on those sites since the early 2000s, so that has always stuck with me and why the Internet has been very synonymous with pictures and videos of memes and parodies for me. I don't frequent Newgrounds and YTMND as much as I used to since YouTube took over though, but once you see Newgrounds and YTMND, it pretty much spells out why I'm constantly gravitating to all sorts of videos on YouTube concerning memes and parodies.

https://www.newgrounds.com/

http://ytmnd.com/

I also was thinking about this, without even knowing what it actually was. Article 13 kind of reminds me of SOPA. I wouldn't want to see parodies and memes disappear from YouTube, and I like how well they can be used in videos that aren't just parodies and memes, and they can actually be of great use and tie in with all sorts of points very well depending on how well-done they are in all types of reviews or videos just mean to entice discussions based on whatever interest is being brought up.

And that's about it for now. I was just thinking about this because this is what occurred to me after 18 years of being into memes and parodies and being on ETS for 14 years on top of that as of this post, clearly gravitating to this thread time and time again. But yes. I thought I saw it all, but damn did that video blow my mind to the point of just wanting to take a break from it all. It's kind of similar to social media/forum overload (Which I also have time and time again.), but for different reasons.

I also thought it would be at the very least worth sharing in this thread. Even then, I found it slightly amusing. It's just sometimes fun to watch references thrown in like that, although in that particular case, they're really meant to provide some actual points here and there.

This is also yet again as to why I love YouTube. It's still sometimes one of my ultimate favorite ways to kill time.

I thought I'd also include this video as well, because it helped remind me as to how memes and parodies can also be run into the ground yet again, which also ties in with the start of this post. Not to mention, I've also been guilty of running jokes into the ground on the Internet and real life anyway, so this is still a great reminder on how and why it's best to just not do that at all, especially via perpetual copy of a copy.

I've also been on a SpongeBob SquarePants kick (Which is how I found these particular videos.), and even more so when considering Stephen Hillenburg's passing. RIP. Yet another enormous part of the 2000s for me just died.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-04-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    post malone has to be the ugliest person i’ve ever seen. close second: jeordie white.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i know very little about halsey, but she was fucking brilliant last night on snl. both as an actress and music guest. that upside down painting was amazing.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i know very little about halsey, but she was fucking brilliant last night on snl. both as an actress and music guest. that upside down painting was amazing.
    I don't like her music at all, and was even kind of like "how the fuck is she getting double duty already in her career?" but yeah, that painting performance was fucking phenomenal. I'd be really interested to know how many times she has rehearsed that. It couldn't have been easy.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My phone hotspot is on and I'm broadcasting 🖕 🖕

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i’ve flown hundreds of times and i’ve never used an airplane bathroom.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    lots o videos

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @allegate - I know/swear, it's an addiction. Compared to last year and the rest of the years prior, I haven't done it nearly as much though, as I want to cut down. But in this case the anniversaries of Pretty Hate Machine, The Downward Spiral and The Fragile are reeling me right back in big-time.

It's also pretty much ingrained in me, as I lived off parodies and memes since 2000, especially back when Newgrounds and YTMND (If you ever checked out those sites, you'd hopefully understand.) were just getting started and since then the rest was history as both sites absolutely/unequivocally left one hell of an impression on me. Even on social media, I was always big on pictures and videos based on parodies and memes more than anything else. On the other hand, I also go to YouTube for various topics and reasons beyond parodies/memes as well, but it's still one of the things of the Internet that stuck with me entertainment/time-killing-wise.

Admittedly, it's also an escape more than anything, since I also try not take life too seriously sometimes. (Seriousness has taken me to dark/scary/miserable places sometimes, considering how life can be as such sometimes and all.) I guess that you can perhaps say that it's also just one of my own ways to live and laugh a little.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-08-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    omg i felt that hit, hahaha

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Is this that "fake news" that some orange-stained guy keeps talking about?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Am I supposed to click on something? All I see is circles spinning around.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    it creeped me out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    But you can do anything at Zombocom.

Anything at all.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Am I supposed to click on something? All I see is circles spinning around.
    It actually ends and had a newsletter to sign up on. (Which also seemed to be part of the joke, as it wasn't mean to be a real newsletter either.) It was also meant to be a parody on flash websites and the advertising behind it when flash was booming in the very late 1990s and early 2000s, as if it can offer the world, yet not much was done, or could be done to start with. (Hence, the fake newsletter.)

http://www.zombo.com/join1.htm

For some context, I also thought that it would kind of fit into an April Fools' Day theme, as it really threw me off like an April Fools' prank when I visited Zombo.com for the very first time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombo.com

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sites/zombo
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 04-07-2019 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Even Zombo.com's "NewZLetter" was "fake news". I seemed to have forgotten about that. =P