Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2907

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Nicolas Cruz pleads guilty to murder charges for Parkland, FL school shooting

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/20/us/ni...lty/index.html

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Don Jr is a piece of shit. I know, big surprise, and I know there’s no legitimately good reason to visit his Instagram feed, and I’m not suggesting that anyone do that. But if you were to do that, you’d find about 20 memes framing Alec Baldwin as a hypocrite (who is getting his karmic retribution) because he’s pro-gun control but killed someone with a gun.

…and don’t bother trying to post a response to any of this bullshit; comments are limited to contacts gleefully posting LOLs. Oh yeah, he’s also peddling his dad’s new “censorship-free social media” thing, because he’s all about hypocrisy

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Don Jr is a piece of shit. I know, big surprise, and I know there’s no legitimately good reason to visit his Instagram feed, and I’m not suggesting that anyone do that. But if you were to do that, you’d find about 20 memes framing Alec Baldwin as a hypocrite (who is getting his karmic retribution) because he’s pro-gun control but killed someone with a gun.

…and don’t bother trying to post a response to any of this bullshit; comments are limited to contacts gleefully posting LOLs. Oh yeah, he’s also peddling his dad’s new “censorship-free social media” thing, because he’s all about hypocrisy
    this was happening on twitter too. these people are so spiteful. A person DIED. this is a tragedy. it’s truly beyond the pale to make fun of it.

anyway guns are stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    It's exploding on Twatter now, but the Judge in the trail of that Kyle guy that shot and killed 2 people in the riot's last year has said the dead cannot be called Victims.

Let me repeat that, the people that were killed cannot be called Victims as per the judge on the trail...i'm honestly beginning to think he is going to get off scot free, and the amount of deaths that's going to lead too!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    that is crazy. how is that even allowed???

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    It's exploding on Twatter now, but the Judge in the trail of that Kyle guy that shot and killed 2 people in the riot's last year has said the dead cannot be called Victims.

Let me repeat that, the people that were killed cannot be called Victims as per the judge on the trail...i'm honestly beginning to think he is going to get off scot free, and the amount of deaths that's going to lead too!
    This is pretty standard stuff and it’s being fixated on to elicit a reaction.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post

This Judge applies that rule at all trials. He believes it influences juries to be less than impartial. It’s not a big deal.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/27/us/ky...ogy/index.html

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    OTOH

edit:

adding this here because it fits. sadly, it fits.

Last edited by allegate; 10-27-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It’s Kenosha. He’s elected. He’s been elected and re-elected since 1984. That ain’t no coincidence. It means the majority of racist assholes in Kenosha County love him. He runs unopposed.

https://ballotpedia.org/Bruce_Schroeder

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/loc...16b221b7f.html

Dougvillo, 39, a former Racine County prosecutor and court commissioner in Walworth County, was sworn in Wednesday by Schroeder, the longest-serving judge in Wisconsin.
    Also, after the Blake incident with the Kenosha PD, ONE DUDE went on Facebook and said he was forming some kind of militia to help clean up the post-riot mess in Kenosha and to help “protect” Kenosha and he asked for volunteers. He was inundated with volunteers, even from Illinois, including Rittenhouse. Many of the protesters were not from the area, either. The Kenosha PD pretty much deputized the “militia” people on site that night, directing them where to cover. That’s on video, which I hope is allowed at trial. The ones who should also be on trial should be that asshole who invited the militia, and the KPD.

The Kenosha riots were all about BLM and post-George Floyd. For MANY MONTHS after the riots, stores downtown were boarded up (by volunteers), and were decorated by positive messages and artwork about love and unity. Some stores closed permanently (near where the riot occurred). The burned-out used car lot was still full of burned up cars, last I saw. His insurance company was refusing to pay, citing an insurrection clause. But none of this would have happened if the KPD wasn’t full of assholes. Kyle Rittenhouse isn’t playing with a full deck, and has been used by these right-wing nutjobs since Day One.

This is a shitty judge with a shitty record of jurisprudence; I won’t be surprised if the verdict will be overturned on appeal because of some dumb errors that the judge makes.

These fucking Turning Point assholes - as well as plenty of other Trump assholes on Twitter bragging about how they’re gonna start a civil war and they’re armed - will be in for a BIG FUCKING SURPRISE when they find out how many people they despise are armed.

And these Trump people are defending themselves “against the government” and the government has TANKS? Can these people be any dumber?
    Last edited by allegro; 10-27-2021 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Justice Department reaches settlement with families of 2015 Charleston church shooting massacre

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...tment-n1282635

This is crazy, even though he had a previous felony drug charge: "Federal law allows a gun sale to go ahead if the FBI hasn't blocked it after three days."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post

This is crazy, even though he had a previous felony drug charge: "Federal law allows a gun sale to go ahead if the FBI hasn't blocked it after three days."
    Because the FBI background check system is a disaster. It’s totally unreliable. The 3-day can go ahead because the 3-day is a state law that can’t be violated, and if within 3 days the FBI doesn’t automatically flag then it’s assumed that there is no flag. Because there SHOULD be systematic automatic updates in the FBI dbase that are reliable.

There are not.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    That’s it… not going to pay attention to any more of this stuff with the Kyle Rittenhouse person. I have never seen a more slappable face in my life, and listening to the Maga / Carlson crowd call him a hero or whatever… it’s really not a great way to go about your day. I’m done, and I hope he goes to jail.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That’s it… not going to pay attention to any more of this stuff with the Kyle Rittenhouse person. I have never seen a more slappable face in my life, and listening to the Maga / Carlson crowd call him a hero or whatever… it’s really not a great way to go about your day. I’m done, and I hope he goes to jail.
    People using the kid as a "hero" isn't necessarily the kid's fault. He held up his hands and surrendered at the scene. The cops, in a TANK, drove right past him. He deserves jail, absolutely for sure. But that kid isn't playing with a full deck.

The case is being streamed, live, here in Chicago. I don't think the kid is "acting" in any way; it's the way he looks all the time. The Prosecution is doing a good job.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-03-2021 at 12:06 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i saw some people defending him on twitter because he killed a “known pedophile”. i’m like ok, sure pedophiles are bad but 17 year olds shouldn’t be the street executioner. we have laws and a justice system. the whole thing with this kid is fucked up. the parents should be charged. they drove him there with a weapon he shouldn’t have.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Actually, Rittenhouse bought the weapon in Wisconsin with the assistance of his older friend in Wisconsin. That friend also kept the weapon in Wisconsin for safe keeping. Rittenhouse told the friend he wanted the AR-15 for use that night, and the friend allegedly tried to talk him out of it, but Rittenhouse prevailed. Rittenhouse picked up his weapon in Wisconsin and went to the protest. That friend alleges he talked Rittenhouse into turning himself in? The friend was on the stand yesterday.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    sounds like he’s got a better friend than parents. his parents knowingly drove him across state lines and dropped him off with a weapon. how they aren’t being investigated and charged is beyond me.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I also love all these people saying shit like “the stranger he shot to death turned out to be a horrible criminal! So he didn’t commit a crime by shooting him!”

Is that how people think it works? Like, you can walk around and kill strangers in the street, and if it turns out they’re a criminal, lucky you! You did nothing wrong?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    his parents knowingly drove him across state lines and dropped him off with a weapon. how they aren’t being investigated and charged is beyond me.
    His Mom drove him to Kenosha, he had no weapon.

The weapon was in Wisconsin, at the friend’s house.

Before this info was discovered, Illinois considered charging the Mom, plus charging the kid for underage possession of said weapon.

All that went away when it was discovered that the weapon was never in Illinois; and that it’s not illegal for a minor to have or use a gun in Wisconsin.

There were rumors that Rittenhouse’s Mom was also at the protest that night, but that was never substantiated.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I also love all these people saying shit like “the stranger he shot to death turned out to be a horrible criminal! So he didn’t commit a crime by shooting him!”

Is that how people think it works? Like, you can walk around and kill strangers in the street, and if it turns out they’re a criminal, lucky you! You did nothing wrong?
    We all know that the way the law works is that Rittenhouse didn’t know anyone’s criminal history at the time. He wasn’t walking around holding people’s rap sheets. “The luck of the draw” isn’t Constitutional. The same Constitutional rights that Rittenhouse deserves (fair trial, etc.) are the same Constitutional rights that the dead guy deserved.

Defense attorneys have tough jobs: Defending lots of people, many of whom are guilty, all being 100% entitled to all of their Constitutional rights.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-03-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I suspect that New York is going to lose this concealed carry SCOTUS case.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    uh... well, this could wind up being a big thing.

NPR is reporting that they have a 2.5 hour long, secretly recorded conversation amongst NRA brass discussing how to respond to the optics in the wake of the Columbine shootings. Some of these snippets are crazy but I guess predictable. "We are in deep shit on this deal."

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/09/10490...hool-shootings

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Sooooo Kyle is going to totally be acquitted and it’s going to be legal to murder protesters soon, isn’t it?

This judge can barely contain his biases and obvious sympathies for Kyle. This is gross. I initially thought I’d not watch anything but the little shit’s testimony got me. I needed to see him be a big faker. Cry more, racist murderer because you’re going to walk soon, right?
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-10-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Sooooo Kyle is going to totally be acquitted and it’s going to be legal to murder protesters soon, isn’t it?
    the zimmerman vibes are strong. so fucking gross.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Yeah this is awful.

At the same time, I have to admit legal ignorance to courtroom procedure here, but if the prosecutions question about Rittenhouse's silence was objectionable, shouldn't the defense object? Maybe I've watched too many movies.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Pinch and fucking zoom doesn't alter an image, holy fucking shit!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I love all this shit with him crying... whatever, I'll always remember you as the guy with the goofy smile and "free as fuck" t-shirt

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Pinch and fucking zoom doesn't alter an image, holy fucking shit!
    This trial day was fucking EPIC!! I watched it ALL DAY!!!

Okay so yes, an expert earlier explained how he used enhancement software to take crappy video and improve the color and clarity without adding any imaging; no shadows, no additional pixels, etc.

When we use the zoom feature, the pixels decrease, as does clarity, so Apple’s iOS compensates for that by using an algorithm that replaces the “lost” pixels by kind of guessing where they’d be in a zoom. But it’s not precise or reliable in a crime situation.

Hence the introduction of forensic video enhancement, using software designed specifically for this purpose.

The defense did not object to all of the enhanced and zoomed video introduced this morning. The defense only objected to the use of zoom.

The judge is not a subject matter expert and, contrary to the assertion of prosecution, neither is the jury. If the judge had said “yeah, go ahead we don’t need to question anything zoomed,” that is 100% grounds for mistrial on appeal.

Anyway, the prosecution totally filleted this kid today on the stand.

For HOURS.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-10-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    that piece of shit is going to get off, isn't he?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    that piece of shit is going to get off, isn't he?
    Not necessarily.

The prosecution blew a TON of holes in the self-defense case today. Sorry for the figure of speech.

But holy shit it was a massacre.

This is NOT a Zimmerman case; that was an innocent black kid walking to his Dad's house, and was stalked by some neighborhood watch racist asshole.

The three white guys shot in this case all had possible reasons for Rittenhouse to possibly use self-defense: Rosenbaum was mentally ill (released from a mental hospital only hours earlier that day) and was chasing Rittenhouse while screaming nonsense, and allegedly tried to take Rittenhouse's weapon; Huber and Grosskreutz pursued Rittenhouse, Huber hit Rittenhouse with a skateboard and Grosskreutz had a handgun. (This was ALL shown on video in the trial.)

All while possibly believing that Rittenhouse was an active shooter.

The prosecution, during his cross-examination of Rittenhouse, presented a REALLY good line of questioning as to WHY Rittenhouse HAD A WEAPON THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Was it to "protect the BUSINESS?" It CAN'T be used to protect the business in Wisconsin. So, if not, WHY? Rittenhouse said to "protect himself."

From WHAT?

Nobody, over the two days of protests in Kenosha, had been shot. Or even fired at.

The prosecution showed video of Rittenhouse and his companions walking out into the street and being met by protesters who were chanting "PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY, BUT NOT THE STREETS" or something like that. Rittenhouse and his people were pretty much WARNED not to take weapons out onto the street. But they IGNORED it. Why?

Rittenhouse's friend helps put out a dumpster fire, then one yells to a few of the nearby protesters (with a weapon strapped to his chest), "FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT." Implying that if you set a fire, you're gonna meet with these guys' guns.

It was a really telling line of questioning that Rittenhouse walked RIGHT INTO and showed that he was LOOKING for trouble. The whole "I'm a medic" shit, walking around offering help as a medic ...

Prosecutor says to him, you shot Rosenbaum, he's lying there bleeding, did you offer help?

Rittenhouse: No.

He shoots Huber, Huber's lying there bleeding out, did Rittenhouse offer medical help?

He shoots Grosskreutz, and Grosskreutz is screaming for a medic. Did Rittenhouse offer medical assistance?

He observed people throwing rocks at an armored vehicle, a tank. Does Rittenhouse think that rocks will hurt a tank? No.

Did he observe any very serious injuries? None other than a possibly sprained ankle early in the day.

He observed a few dumpster fires. He was sent to put them out (by his friends at the used car place).

None of this warrants a rifle and a volunteer “medic.”

His friends, btw, are on the ROOF of the used car location on 59th and Sheridan, ARMED WITH RIFLES, looking down from the roof to "cover" Rittenhouse.

Cover for what? You can't shoot at people from the roof of a business, that CAN'T be what he meant - says prosecutor.

No no, says Rittenhouse, he means like yell down to him, "hey, Kyle, look out." (uh huh)

Except many people complained that people on the roof were using LASER SITES on people down on the ground. Like LASER SITES FROM WEAPONS.

And one of the people in Rittenhouse's militia (or whatever it was) had to warn the others to knock that shit off (this was actually presented at the trial today).

Rittenhouse said he didn't know those other people, only his two friends.

What a shit show, omg.

From the videos and photos presented, it's obvious this kid thought he was playing in a real life version of Tour of Duty. Backpack medical supply and everything.

People on Twitter trying to discount this, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-11-2021 at 12:49 AM.