Page 59 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2907

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Civilian guarding military recruitment center accidentally fired his gun while showing it off
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/0...showing-it-off

not the onion

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Can we call this a 2nd amendment success story?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

Can we call this a 2nd amendment success story?
    I am sincerely confused as to what you're trying to say

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    more

the media is trying to vilify the shit out of these people... which is funny cause I heard a lot of "where are the open carry people defending ferguson protestors against the police?!?" during the first protests

It's not 100% clear from just this video, but these people are out in ferguson educating people about open carry laws while also protecting them because the police are failing to do so.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Tell me. Suspect is a former employee, believed to have killed himself.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yes.

Sounds like he killed himself.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Now they're saying that he is in "very critical condition".

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    That footage sent shivers down my spine.
    I really don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ he fucking filmed it and put it on his twitter account.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/08/vester...youtube-video/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah, that video the shooter took himself is terrifying...so sad. The worst thing is that if you watch closely, as hard as it is to do, the first shot missed the reporter (can see the recoil caused him to miss to the right...hole appears in the rail), and probably the second one too and it looks like she actually almost made it as she took off. God dammit.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    That fucking psycho waited for her to be in frame on the live broadcast camera before pulling the trigger.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    His breathing in that video really fucked me up. It's so creepy.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm glad he didn't succeed in killing himself, bring that motherfucker to justice.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    His breathing in that video really fucked me up. It's so creepy.
    That he mouthed "Bitch" as well was also unsettling.

A 23 page manifesto? I do and don't want to know what the fuck he was thinking.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Apparently the shooter has died

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I mean, who sends a fax anymore?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I mean, who sends a fax anymore?
    In law and business, we send faxes all the time. It's electronic fax, now (using copy machines and all-in-one printers), going to email accounts as PDFs, they don't come out of fax machines on the other end.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-26-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah, I send them at work, too. But like a personal fax? Haha. Just seemed weird to me.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-al...ry?id=33336339

For fuck's sake! He's piggy backing off of that cro-mag knuckle dragging asswipe Dylan Roof? What a turd.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Yeah, I send them at work, too. But like a personal fax? Haha. Just seemed weird to me.
    The guy probably figured that was the best method of getting them to actually READ it.

Oh, yeah, and he was also a total psycho. Who spends that much time writing a 20-something page "manifesto" in the first place except psychos?

An email would probably go into a spam folder. Fax? He probably knew how to get that into some kind of "headline news" fax account.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

For fuck's sake! He's piggy backing off of that cro-mag knuckle dragging asswipe Dylan Roof? What a turd.
    Piggy backing implies support. He is in direct opposition to the Church shooter, most certainly because of race. He DOES like the Asian Virginia Tech shooter.

This guy's motives are very obviously race related, if you read this and the HR complaints he made against others.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

This guy was nuts. Just nuts. He says it was race-related but it's also because he was gay.

In an often rambling letter to the authorities, and family and friends, he writes of a long list of grievances. In one part of the document, Williams calls it a “Suicide Note for Friends and Family."

* He says has suffered racial discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying at work
    * He says he has been attacked by black men and white females
    * He talks about how he was attacked for being a gay, black man
    I wonder if this guy had a mental history and he was incorrectly allowed to buy this gun.

"Jehovah spoke to him, telling him to act."

I don't usually watch these online videos, but I did watch this one, and each time this guy fired at this poor girl, I jumped and I almost FELT those hollow point bullets hit her, I swear, ugh, just terrible. And she was still running after being hit. Ugh, those poor people. Just terrible.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-26-2015 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I don't usually watch these online videos, but I did watch this one, and each time this guy fired at this poor girl, I jumped and I almost FELT those hollow point bullets hit her, I swear, ugh, just terrible. And she was still running after being hit. Ugh, those poor people. Just terrible.
    The world now has first person footage of an ambush shooting... so there's that! ugh
    (not counting cops shooting people, or military videos, or similar acts in other parts of the world)

It was really fucked up though. I hope their families and SO's don't ever see that video. The 10+ seconds of him just sitting there with his gun out and waiting for the right moment... I didn't know I had that area of emotion left to be desensitized.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    The world now has first person footage of an ambush shooting... so there's that! ugh
    (not counting cops shooting people, or military videos, or similar acts in other parts of the world)

It was really fucked up though. I hope their families and SO's don't ever see that video. The 10+ seconds of him just sitting there with his gun out and waiting for the right moment... I didn't know I had that area of emotion left to be desensitized.
    The worst part has to be the cameraman yelling "oh my..." and then another series of shots ringing out. I really wish I hadn't watched that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Piggy backing implies support. He is in direct opposition to the Church shooter, most certainly because of race. He DOES like the Asian Virginia Tech shooter.

This guy's motives are very obviously race related, if you read this and the HR complaints he made against others.
    If I wrote in "Roof's absurd fucking race war rhetoric" would that make it clearer? He supported a race war.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-26-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    There's another active shooting situation in Sunset, Louisiana.
    3 people shot including one officer. 8 people are allegedly being held hostage.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    My line of work has put me in the position of the news crew that was killed. Back when I was, personally, against gun ownership (yup, you read that right) probably the worst fallout happened. A coworker got fired based on the work my 3 person team investigated. This investigation was requested by the company. It was a bad enough situation that it broke his family apart too. My team started seeing the same car following them and showing up at our houses. It ended with the guy attempting to break down one of my teammate's front door and then my teammate greeting the intruder with a gun pointed at his face. I was lucky enough to be out of state for the week that this guy snapped.

There are some lines of work where you expect this kind of thing to be an increased risk. The reporter crew really doesn't seem to be one of them, especially from coworkers.