Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 2907

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I'm not 100% familiar with Wisconsin law but short-barrel rifles and shotguns have tighter regulations due to ease of concealment. Apparently the law didn't apply because his AR had a standard length barrel.
    So maybe instead of throwing that charge out, they should consider the possibility that this cabbage patch doll who looks like he fell out of central-casting to play "school shooter" wanted all of these pissed-off people to see him waving around his big, long, powerful, "cool-looking" gun.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Holy Jesus.

Enjoy your riots.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    How long until he is on the Rogan Podcast...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It’s all gross but I think Kyle will be an author and an elected GOP horde by ‘24 if not ‘26 or ‘28 but first, a big run on all the racist/MAGA cult “news” shows with his dumb racist mom. Couldn’t have done it without her!

UPDATE: Madison Cawthorn, who can also eat shit, has offered Kyle an internship so it’s already happening. Great. Lovely.
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-19-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    So maybe instead of throwing that charge out, they should consider the possibility that this cabbage patch doll who looks like he fell out of central-casting to play "school shooter" wanted all of these pissed-off people to see him waving around his big, long, powerful, "cool-looking" gun.
    That's the problem: what he did, up until he pulled the trigger, was perfectly legal and what happened after was judged to be justifiable purely due to his ability to open carry in the first place. I'm not saying I agree with that but that's where we find ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    It’s all gross but I think Kyle will be an author and an elected GOP horde by ‘24 if not ‘26 or ‘28 but first, a big run on all the racist/MAGA cult “news” shows with his dumb racist mom. Couldn’t have done it without her!

UPDATE: Madison Cawthorn, who can also eat shit, has offered Kyle an internship so it’s already happening. Great. Lovely.
    Matt Gaetz posted something similar earlier this week...which is probably the first time he's ever shown interest in anyone over 18. (surely this joke has already been made but I'm doing it anyway)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    That's the problem: what he did, up until he pulled the trigger, was perfectly legal and what happened after was judged to be justifiable purely due to his ability to open carry in the first place. I'm not saying I agree with that but that's where we find ourselves.

Yeah... it's just so deflating and aggravating. I didn't mean to sound like I was saying anything against you or implying that you were agreeing with the outcome. I'm probably just pissed and it's bleeding into my general posting, nothing directed at you or anything that anyone is saying here.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Yeah... it's just so deflating and aggravating. I didn't mean to sound like I was saying anything against you or implying that you were agreeing with the outcome. I'm probably just pissed and it's bleeding into my general posting, nothing directed at you or anything that anyone is saying here.
    Nah I get it and I'm right there with you.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    *shakes head*

Yet I'm not surprised one bit. I await Fox and the like having pictures of him with hearts drawn all around him.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Now seeing on the socials alot of the right sided edge lords are empowered and vindicated, and i'm really worried what's going to happen at any protests now. Shit was already fucked just trying to hold people to account and getting basic rights for marginalized groups...i hope i'm being pessimistic but i can only see things getting worse for people...i'm logging off for the night.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Why in the fuck didn't they charge him with manslaughter, too? I KNEW it was going to be hard to get him on those big ass murder charges, because so much of it is based on proving the horrible bastard's THOUGHTS at a certain time, and whether or not his actions counted as provocation, which is proving OTHER people's thoughts.

Also, @Jinsai , you're right about that kid's face: doesn't it look like it would be SO pleasant to punch him in his doughy, stupid ass face, and then maybe a couple more times in his big ass head?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Why in the fuck didn't they charge him with manslaughter, too?
    Manslaughter isn’t a thing in Wisconsin, instead it’s second degree intentional homicide. The jury was allowed to consider him guilty of that offense in the case of the second killing. They chose not to. They were sold on self defense so it was moot to them. Here is a decent explainer: https://apnews.com/article/kyle-ritt...168353fe0b2a26

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I am beyond angry. I am so tired of this broke system and this morally bankrupt country. I want to see some shit burn. I want to see the right hurt.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Angry, but not surprised. My only hope is that he gets what's coming to him down the road.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Angry, but not surprised. My only hope is that he gets what's coming to him down the road.
    Oh, he will.
    I try not to put that sort of energy out there.

But he will.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Oh, he will.
    I try not to put that sort of energy out there.

But he will.
    He'll sadly be so protected by the GOP that no one will even be able to get near him. I truly would love to see some WorldStar level videos of this little cunt getting the shit beat out of him mercifully. Maybe some skateboarding saint will catch him on the sidewalk someday and fuck him up with his deck in the name of Anthony Huber.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    He immediately left the courtroom and went home to Illinois today. His defense attorney said Rittenhouse just wants to lay low and get a normal life. He said the prior defense attorneys were fired for using Rittenhouse for a “cause.” The attorney said the kid is getting therapy and has PTSD; he said lots of people are questioning the validity of that, but he can confirm that Rittenhouse broke down many times during preparation meetings. The attorney said he, personally, questions the value of bringing guns of any kind to protests, he doesn’t see the value, but being a defense attorney is his job.

I think the jury put a lot of thought and effort into this. One juror asked to take the jury instructions home yesterday (36 pages), and the judge approved (the defense objected). The jury asked to review the video of when Rittenhouse put down the fire extinguisher. This was the exact moment the prosecution asserted that Rittenhouse lifted his rifle with both hands and pointed the rifle in the direction of Ziminski. It’s really hard to see any detail in the video, even enhanced. That was key evidence as to whether Rittenhouse provoked. Evidently, the jury could not detect any evidence of that and detected evidence of the opposite.

Yes, the reality is that the judge weighed toward the defense during the trial, not allowing pertinent evidence, etc.

But the bottom line is that this will allow people of ALL colors, including protesters, to open carry and to use their weapon against anyone who “threatens” them, in Wisconsin. It’s - unfortunately - opening the door to the OK Corral.

Rittenhouse is going to have a hell of a time getting a job, getting into any school, etc. He says he wants to be a nurse, but he apparently doesn’t even have a GED. Rep. Matt Gaetz talked about offering Rittenhouse some kind of intern job. Except interns make practically zero money and can barely live day to day, particularly in the District.

My husband predicts this kid will end up in trouble again and the next time he won’t be so lucky (like OJ Simpson). I suspect my husband is right.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-20-2021 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    He immediately left the courtroom and went home to Illinois today. His defense attorney said Rittenhouse just wants to lay low and get a normal life. He said the prior defense attorneys were fired for using Rittenhouse for a “cause.” The attorney said the kid is getting therapy and has PTSD; he said lots of people are questioning the validity of that, but he can confirm that Rittenhouse broke down many times during preparation meetings. The attorney said he, personally, questions the value of bringing guns of any kind to protests, he doesn’t see the value, but being a defense attorney is his job.
    He's going on Tucker on Monday and has been participating in some sort of Tucker / Fox News produced documentary of the trial so I'll believe all this when I see it. The question about the breakdowns is were they from a place of regret and understanding he made a series of bad decisions that led to the deaths of two people and serious injuries to another...or were they just him feeling sorry for himself and the prospect of spending a long time in prison. I have my own thoughts about that but only he knows for sure. Though, going on Tucker Carlson 72 hours after the verdict is telling.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean there's a reason I posted a picture of Jack fucking Ruby.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That jury just made it clear to right-wing nuts that you can get away with hunting protestors.

After this verdict he won't be the last one, shit's about to get a lot worse.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Personally I’d consider taking an assault rifle to a protest that is nothing to do with you is provocation in itself?

EDIT sorry just read back through the thread and I guess this isn’t considered provocation at all and is legal
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-20-2021 at 02:55 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

an artist i’ve followed for years now posted thursday evening that he’s been sentence to 12 months in prison for a non violent crime. he’s supportive of my work but i feel like i don’t know him well enough to inquire about the details. he’s said in the past about the arrest that he got into a drunken argument with a cop. i can’t seem to comprehend why that would deserve a whole year in jail. but a gun grabbing kid who took actual lives gets to go home to his momma like he did nothing. even the abulance driver who killed my mother (and almost me) got jail time and that was an accident/negligence (man slaughter).

i don’t get it. i feel like killing people shouldn’t be partisan. their stupid bible even says “thou shall not” and not only do they do it, they fucking celebrate it. all the ways they want to justify it do not work for me. if kyle was acting in self defense, so was everyone else. he went there to commit criminal activity just like his victims. not guilty my fucking ass.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

someone i know posted this. it’s fake but i’m hoping they don’t find out and show up there waiting for their buddy kyle to come wave at them. nothing says christmas like a child murderer.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Everyone should become familiar with the Mulford Act in California, aka “the Panther Act.”

In other words:

White people with open carry: AOK

Black people with open carry: Criminals
    Last edited by allegro; 11-21-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    A great listen, which outlines said history: https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts...rfect-gun-show

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The McMichael / Bryan trial has gone to the jury. They better not fuck this up.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The McMichael / Bryan trial has gone to the jury. They better not fuck this up.
    A whole lotta ‘guilty’ in that there split verdict. All guilty of felony murder. Seems like they, in fact, did not fuck this up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

"Turning Ahmaud Arbery into a victim, after the choices that he made, do not reflect the reality of what brought Arbery to Satilla Shores. In his khaki shorts, with no socks to cover his long dirty, toenails."

Yep, I'm done with the internets today...

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Im really discouraged and worried that the jury is still deliberating. This should have been just done. This is insane.

And yea, throwing in an aside about the victim’s personal hygiene or whatever that was? Has she seen her client? Guy looks like a drunk mall Santa who has been asked politely (but firmly) on several occasions to please leave the Chuck E Cheese.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-23-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    And yea, throwing in an aside about the victim’s personal hygiene or whatever that was?
    That was dehumanizing the victim. Because that’s what racists do. Racists depict black people as dirty and disgusting, and there was no way he was out “running” when he was really out there being a criminal like all black people.