Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 2907

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Does Trudeau mean assault handguns (big magazine semi auto) or all handguns (6-shooter pistols)? Or just all of them? Did something happen with a handgun, too? Just curious.
    These are the firearms affected under the new prohibition.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    These are the firearms affected under the new prohibition.
    Interesting, thanks. So no Glock, etc. Not yet, anyway. And there’s an Amnesty Order until 2022.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-07-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Yes, the handgun ban @eskimo mentioned is still in the planning stages and would look something like what Chicago has tried in the past before being struck down by your Supreme Court. Handguns are already considered 'restricted' firearms in Canada, and have been for fifty years, which means it's illegal to carry them out of your home or a licensed gun range without specific authorization. Precedent for this restriction against smaller guns goes back a long way in our nation's history. I think the only place in the USA with that kind of law is San Francisco? Maybe?
    Last edited by botley; 05-07-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm sure my brother, who is a gun nut, is having a complete meltdown about this. I'd love/hate to be a fly on the wall listening to him scream about Trudeau right now.

Literally every political point he gets passionate about involves gun legislation. It's really the only thing he cares about. So, on one hand I'd love to hear him whine about how Canada is turning into some fascist police state that is about to be suppressed and nobody will be free, and on the other hand I'm tired of that shit and he can cry at someone else. Nobody needs a military style weapon in their house.

I'm not sure how I feel about the handgun ban, but whatever, I hate guns.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Is this the right thread for discussing the lynching of Ahmaud Arbery?

I still can't find the words for this story. It's days like this I'm glad I stepped away from the offer to be a reporter, because there's no way in hell I could ever write an unbiased, matter-of-fact story about this young man and the shit stains who lynched him. I'm still staunchly anti-capital punishment, but if anyone deserves it, it's these fucking inhuman cowards.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there's a certain person who hasn't posted in quite awhile who I'd imagine is quite upset at this news.

I hope he's doing OK, the world is so crazy you worry about everyone anymore.

Also woke up to this bullshit:

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yes, the handgun ban @eskimo mentioned is still in the planning stages and would look something like what Chicago has tried in the past before being struck down by your Supreme Court. Handguns are already considered 'restricted' firearms in Canada, and have been for fifty years, which means it's illegal to carry them out of your home or a licensed gun range without specific authorization. Precedent for this restriction against smaller guns goes back a long way in our nation's history. I think the only place in the USA with that kind of law is San Francisco? Maybe?
    All handgun bans were declared unconstitutional per the McDonald v City of Chicago SCOTUS decision (2010); this also includes the ability to obtain a concealed carry license. Chicago’s handgun ban prevented the sale and possession of unregistered handguns within the city limits, and then also made it impossible to register said handguns. This did nothing to the crime stats, and people owned illegal handguns that they purchased in cities outside of Chicago. So someone sued the City of Chicago and that worked its way up the appellate system, and that now affects the entire country via precedent. The Heller SCOTUS decision also set precedent as to handguns being an individual’s right for home defense.

Each state, however, still has laws as to TRANSPORT of handguns, e.g. whether or not concealed carry applies to inside vehicles, and reciprocity across state lines. Most states do NOT have reciprocity with CCL. So if you have a CCL (concealed carry license) and a FOID (firearm owners ID) in Illinois and go on a road trip to Florida, you will be illegally carrying that handgun through several states.

In Illinois, if you DO NOT have a CCL and you transport your handgun to a range, the handgun must be broken down if a semiautomatic or unloaded if a revolver and kept in a closed container totally beyond the reach of the driver (preferably the trunk of the car).

So, in that sense, handguns are “restricted” in most states here, too. States with concealed carry require a license which requires several hours of safety classes and a test.

@allegate , I believe @DigitalChaos is okay, they had a second kid and they got a house he was working on and they were really swamped busy with life stuff.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-07-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Is this the right thread for discussing the lynching of Ahmaud Arbery?

I still can't find the words for this story. It's days like this I'm glad I stepped away from the offer to be a reporter, because there's no way in hell I could ever write an unbiased, matter-of-fact story about this young man and the shit stains who lynched him. I'm still staunchly anti-capital punishment, but if anyone deserves it, it's these fucking inhuman cowards.
    I am so fucking pissed off at this story. I believe it is more appropriate in that police / Ferguson thread? Because it ends up that one of the killers was retired from the police force and knows the prosecutors? And they’re using citizen’s arrest and old Jim Crow loitering laws as a defense.

This sums up what’s going on:

https://theweek.com/articles/912977/...loitering-laws

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/06/o...y-killing.html

According to The New York Times, “Gregory McMichael is a former Glynn County police officer and a former investigator with the local district attorney’s office who retired last May.” The local prosecutor recused herself from the case because Gregory McMichael had worked in her office. The next prosecutor, a district attorney, also recused himself because his son worked for the district attorney for whom Gregory McMichael had worked.

THIS RACIST VIGILANTE SHIT IS THE BIGGEST REASON WHY WE MUST GET RID OF TRUMP! Because he is empowering this evil.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-07-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

always in self-service of an upcoming book.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

as they say:

Last edited by allegate; 01-15-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    So sick

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    10 dead at a grocery store in Boulder, CO

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/us/bo...day/index.html

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

why are the ammosexuals suddenly back again? and why was this mother fucker in the bathroom at the grocery store i occasionally shop at?

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ma...JQABYQTBOADBU/

Officers at the scene spotted the man leaving the bathroom and quickly took him into custody. According to police, his weapons included two long guns and three pistols, all of which were concealed on his person. Police identified the man as 22-year-old Rico Marley and said he has been charged with reckless conduct.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Sick

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    ammosexuals
    lmao

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Boulder Shooter being held without bail, and delaying next court date to two months in order to assess his mental health.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rt/6994259002/

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    saw this this morning and I wish it wasn't true.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    why are the ammosexuals suddenly back again? and why was this mother fucker in the bathroom at the grocery store i occasionally shop at?

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ma...JQABYQTBOADBU/

that's incredible.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

that's incredible.
    agreed! the person who spoke up saved lives imo but the local dialogue is different. his firearms were purchased legally and he had a carry license. people think he was arrested because he was carrying while black. he walked in publix with body armor and multiple guns. to me the body armor suggests he planned to do something but some think it’s just gun culture to wear the vest and walk around with guns. he’s still in custody as far as i know. it will be interesting to hear if he confessed to planning something or if he’s like naw, i was about to head to the gun range. there is a gun range about a quarter mile from the shopping center. i’m sure they have bathrooms there.

my dentist and doctor are in this shopping center so i will occasionally shop at that publix for convenience. a target i frequent is behind that publix and there are multiple stores around the publix that i go to. i was right down the street grabbing lunch at the time he was seen in the bathroom. i really don’t like this story. it makes me feel unsafe. i wish it were different. i truly despise the second amendment and the fact that the right to carry a gun supersedes our right to live without fear of being shot at the fucking grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    saw this this morning and I wish it wasn't true.

yes. i remember sandy hook happened when my son was 6 weeks old. i was holding him and watching the news in horror. i will never accept the trade off of guns over people.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    13 year old kid killed by officer after what police called "armed confrontation"

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ation/2476827/

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Toddler shot in the head during road rage incident in Chicago

https://abcnews.go.com/US/year-shot-...ry?id=76910228

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    What the fuck is going on....

Pro Footballer Phillip Adams shoots family of 5 and then himself

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ills-5-himself

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post

It’s just like people randomly get possessed by a fucking demon and these things happen. Just real pure evil shit going on everywhere.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post

sounds like a CTE thing which is a shame for everyone involved.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Regarding to the Phillip Adams story, there's news that the doctor that he killed removed his medication.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    1 dead, 5 shot in Texas Industrial Park

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...large-n1263557

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Strange how countries with more stringent gun laws have fewer incidences of gun violence. But god forbid we rethink a document written over 240 years ago.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)