Page 28 of 97 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Watch out! Next step in the government's master plan to take away your guns.

A proposal by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) to ban certain assault weapons and high-capacity magazines will be excluded from a Democratic-led gun reforms package

So that pretty seals the deal for the assault weapon ban debate.

What's next?
    Well, what is remaining in the gun control legislation? I honestly stopped following the legislation. All aspects of it is just too fucking dumb.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    NJ man posts a photo of his 11 year old holding a gun. He gets a visit from family services demanding to search the house and verify that the guns are "properly registered" (registration is not mandatory in NJ) without any sort of warrant and refusing to give their names.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...mily-services/

Rightfully, they were told to go eat a bag of dicks! They did nothing illegal or wrong. NJ is just trying to make guns taboo.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    NJ man posts a photo of his 11 year old holding a gun. He gets a visit from family services demanding to search the house and verify that the guns are "properly registered" (registration is not mandatory in NJ) without any sort of warrant and refusing to give their names.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...mily-services/

Rightfully, they were told to go eat a bag of dicks! They did nothing illegal or wrong. NJ is just trying to make guns taboo.
    More than likely they were trying to get the guy for having his guns not properly stored. Not sure what they expected to get out of seeing them in the safe?

I think the important lesson here is to not let the man into your home unless they have the necessary paperwork. A lot of people think that they're better off cooperating....Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

The DYFS wanted the ability to take his kid, not the guns. After Sandy Hook, people are freaking out about child endangerment. The police were only there by request of the DYFS.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-20-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The DYFS wanted the ability to take his kid, not the guns. After Sandy Hook, people are freaking out about child endangerment. The police were only there by request of the DYFS.
    DYFS needs to GTFO

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I love the whole 3D printing thing. It decentralizes power.
    As there isn't a big difference with the 3D printed AR-15 and what people have been able to legally do. In california the AR-15 is illegal. However, you can still assemble your own AR-15 without a serial number or any paperwork. It is completely legal. It isn't as hard as you think. Every part of an AR-15 can be purchased online (or anywhere really) without the expected legal hurdles... except the "lower" of the gun. The lower is what is regulated. That is the one thing you have to actually make. If you google "80% lower" you will find plenty of source for a lower that is legal to purchase because it is not fully assembled. All you have to do is drill some holes to finish the 80% lower. The 3D printing option simply lets you make the entire lower in one go. The rest of the process is the same.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    As there isn't a big difference with the 3D printed AR-15 and what people have been able to legally do. In california the AR-15 is illegal. However, you can still assemble your own AR-15 without a serial number or any paperwork. It is completely legal. It isn't as hard as you think. Every part of an AR-15 can be purchased online (or anywhere really) without the expected legal hurdles... except the "lower" of the gun. The lower is what is regulated. That is the one thing you have to actually make. If you google "80% lower" you will find plenty of source for a lower that is legal to purchase because it is not fully assembled. All you have to do is drill some holes to finish the 80% lower. The 3D printing option simply lets you make the entire lower in one go. The rest of the process is the same.
    Are you sure about this? Building your own firearms is legal in California without any paperwork?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    Are you sure about this? Building your own firearms is legal in California without any paperwork?
    I can't pull up the laws right now but, yes.
    If I remember correctly, the ability to assemble/manufacture for PERSONAL USE is granted by the ATF. CA law focuses on sales and transfers. This MAY change when/if CA enacts the longun registration in 2014.

Not that it proves legality but there are tons of people on calguns.net who will have "build parties" when assembling their own 80% receivers. Somewhere in there one of them has cited the laws.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Here is something for you:

http://www.acmearms.com/80percent/caldoj-80letter.jpg
    and a less legal explanation of the process: http://monderno.com/monderno/legally...istered-ar-15/

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There's a moron I know (not saying YOU are) that said almost the exactly same thing to my friend and I. He went off on how great it was, and then my friend replied: Yeah it's super! Now people that love to nitpick apart the laws surrounding the discussion of gun control have another thing to say when a psycho makes their own rifle and points it point blank at you! 'Gee, if only this law didn't lead to that law, which lead to this asshole thinking this was an awesome idea!' Me personally, my first reaction would probably be 'Holy fuck, don't kill me...fuck everyone that thought this was a good idea.'

I had to chuckle. Decentralizing power is a great idea. Too bad it's still America, it's still chock full of psychos, and now it's getting easier and easier to make your own rifle! Call me naive, but I'm the type of guy who prefers to focus on the blatant facts that are slapping society in the face.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

All technology has the power to be used for bad things. Unrestricted, tech will be used for more good than bad. The good can also help diminish/block the bad. Restricted, tech tends to magnify and grow in the hands of bad. There is also the fact that you can never really stop human advancement, you just slow yourself down compared to the rest of the world.

Centralization of power seems to always corrupt.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Here is the new Vice documentary on 3D printing of guns. Only watched the begining, but it starts off with the whole Newtown gun debate.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    So, the ATF send 40 agents to raid the house of the FPSRussia youtube guy.
    http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2...rnesville-home
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 03-30-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So, the ATF send 40 agents to raid the house of the FPSRussia youtube guy.
    http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2...rnesville-home
    He is one of the stupidest and luckiest people in the world.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Video that pissed off Fox News royally.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I'll probably go see Kick Ass 2.....Not because of Jim Carrey though.

I'm not really sure why anyone is surprised over another Hollywood hypocrite. Only if Hollywood had as much talent and originality as they did hypocrisy.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Why's he a hypocrite? Because he mocks guns in two different settings?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Who gives a shit. This guy is also anti-vaccine. Do we need anything more to demonstrate his credibility on what is best for the people?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I think he rescinded that after he broke up with Jenny McCarthy.

I think that (above) video is really funny!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Haven't had this much repect for Jim Carrey since I was like 10 years old. Fuck the NRA, fuck gun culture and fuck Fox News. They deserve to be the target of as much criticism and ridicule as it is humanly possible to generate.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    Haven't had this much repect for Jim Carrey since I was like 10 years old. Fuck the NRA, fuck gun culture and fuck Fox News. They deserve to be the target of as much criticism and ridicule as it is humanly possible to generate.
    Why? Curious.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

You can't even imagine why? Jesus, I own guns and I agree with him.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-04-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Using fear and circular reasoning (more guns to defend against people with guns who have those guns to defend against people with guns who have those... etc etc etc) to uphold a pretty shitty status quo is indefensible as far as I'm concerned. As is the idea that mass shootings and tragedies are an acceptable price to pay for a dubious "freedom" many other people around the world seem to be very free without. The fact that there are such powerful and pervasive vested interests in favour of doing nothing about gun violence scares the shit out me. Of course, living on the other side of the world it doesn't affect me personally in the slightest. My heart just goes out to all those it does affect and whose voices are being ignored in favour of the aforementioned vested interests. Just another case of $$$$$$$ winning out over people...

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Using fear and circular reasoning
    and then

As is the idea that mass shootings and tragedies are an acceptable price to pay for a dubious "freedom" many other people around the world seem to be very free without. The fact that there are such powerful and pervasive vested interests in favour of doing nothing about gun violence scares the shit out me. Of course, living on the other side of the world it doesn't affect me personally in the slightest. My heart just goes out to all those it does affect and whose voices are being ignored in favour of the aforementioned vested interests. Just another case of $$$$$$$ winning out over people...
    The fucking irony. It's just too much.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    You can't have it both ways. You can't object to any form of regulation on day and send thoughts and prayers when kids are getting shot the next day.
    You either do something or you don't. If you don't screw those dead kids. Parents can make new ones anyway.
    You don't have a choice but to be totally disconnected from having any feelings whatsoever.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The fucking irony. It's too much.
    What irony? Attacking baseless fearmongering like "if we don't have are guns the gubmint is gonna take are freedums/criminals will break in/king of England will come here and start pushing you around" and being wary of the easily observable immense political sway groups like the NRA, who thrive off said fearmongering, have is logically consistent to me. That these groups also have financial means beyond that of their opponents and perhaps this is the reason why they have said political sway is not exactly a paranoid delusion. That they're in favour of doing very little/nothing to change the status quo (which includes the tragedies) is clear. That these observations are "scary" is a personal opinion, sure, but one that does not invalidate anything I've said.