Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Portal - SPAAAAAAAAACE!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Portal - SPAAAAAAAAACE!

So, this is probably one of the best games I've played all year. Still need to get into the Co-op levels, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The first is amazing. I don't think I could find anything to complain about if I tried. This one is pretty much on that level. It's great that they expanded it to a full game this time instead of just something to throw into Orange Box. I stayed with a couple friends a couple months ago and we went through the co-op campaign. I went through the solo campaign on my own while I was there and it is pretty great. They employed an interesting way of expanding on the concept of the game, while at the same time not making it monotonous and repetitive. The voice acting is equally nice, especially Cave Johnson.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    whatsyourfavoritethingaboutspacemineispsace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Portal & Portal 2 are my favorite games ever. It's probably pathetic how many times I've played both, but I still need to get through the co-op part. The other day, my friend mentioned she was stuck in Portal so I helped her through it. It is fucking hard watching someone else playing it and being stuck when you know an easy solution.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Portal is one of my fav games too. I would go as far as to say that Portal (and it's sequel, Portal 2) is one of the best games we got in the last decade. Quite a milestone or a diamond among all those war-inspired FPS, football / soccer simulators, same racing games on other circuits. Not only do I like the gameplay but I love the music too. Be sure to listen the soundtrack for Portal 2 since it's free to download.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I might have posted this in the last Portal thread, but it couldn't hurt to do it again.

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/comic/

This is the official, 27 panel, Portal comic. It chronicles what has happened between the two games and the style in which it is done is amazing. I'm almost as much a fan of this comic as I am of the games. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I decided that I should never talk with anyone who's the same age as I am (+/- a couple years) if they don't know what Portal is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    I decided that I should never talk with anyone who's the same age as I am (+/- a couple years) if they don't know what Portal is.
    Brilliant!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Think I am the only person in the world who thought Portal was a bit meh... Mind u, if I'm honest it's only cos it was a bit too (ahem) intelligent for me. Now, where's my mindless fps hmmmmm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you have a PSN account I've got an extra code for a free copy of Portal 2 for Mac or PC I'm looking to get rid of.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yep, with added Nolan North voice acting

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    one of those rare things that makes me jealous of pc gamers

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    one of those rare things that makes me jealous of pc gamers
    I could write a whole list of things that you should be jealous of if that would help?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    Yup, deffo need to get a computer that can handle Portal 2 now! I remember making maps for Duke Nukem 3D, it was fun! And apparently this is going to be a powerful but easy to use editor.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Yup, deffo need to get a computer that can handle Portal 2 now! I remember making maps for Duke Nukem 3D, it was fun! And apparently this is going to be a powerful but easy to use editor.
    You should be able to run it comfortably with a fairly basic spec (basic by today's standards, at least! Probably not a good idea to settle for something with a clock speed measured in mhz). The Source engine was built to be flexible when it was first launched, and that was nearly a decade ago. Admittedly Portal 2 uses a spiffier version (though even that one dates back to 2007), but you won't find any recent AAA games that'll run more easily than this one.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    512mb of RAM, my friend... 512.