Thread: My take on 'Keep It Together' music video

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lightbulb My take on 'Keep It Together' music video

Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting here, and I'm really nervous so I might pee a little bit... Anyways, it really surprised me to see how active a “3rd-party” forum community can be when I arrived here [I love 3rd party sites! no, really!]. Immediately I thought of this as a great opportunity to express myself, and begin my slow and destructive process to take over the world.

When I heard the new single, ‘Keep It Together,’ from the new HTDA EP, it slightly blew my fuckin mind, and an idea sparked. They released the studio-oriented music video for Keep It Together, and I saw an opportunity to apply my own narrative to that song. This idea would end up going through a pout of identities in what it was trying to describe itself as, and it seems that frustration of trying to put this together reflects itself through the narrative [but somehow it remained tasteful in that whole process… or whatever].

Skipping past a bunch of shit that isn’t important or relevant, I began to adopt the new analog glitch art direction for HTDA, and incorporate that visual narrative element into a non-linear, visual adventure of sorts… for a new video of ‘Keep It Together’. I had saved up some cash, spent a lot of it on camera equipment, grabbed a couple people who made themselves available to help me out, and went about putting this into production over the next 7 weeks. By the way, I love to hear your feedback, and if you like it, share it with everyone

This is the first place I'm sharing it publicly, so it's like... a welcoming present for all of you.

edit: If you want to help me out, upvote the *reddit thread* if you like this! If it gets enough traction in the nin subreddit, then we'll see about putting it in a more public subreddit

[hd is awesome, and so is fullscreen, watch on youtube for best experience]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rob milus
    depressedrobot32@gmail.com
    @robot_32
    Last edited by robot32; 01-16-2013 at 04:22 PM.