Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Lorde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lorde

There wasn't any Lorde post so I made one.

What do you think about Green Light? What do you expect of Melodrama?

This image is on lorde.co.nz and in the upper section of picture there is written, "TPC 18.0294.1038"
    What could this mean, is it some sort of ARG?

Sorry for so many questions :P

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I *sort of* liked her first album. Not a huge fan, but didn't actively dislike it.

But I started the video for Green Light and shut it off after about a minute and a half. I just thought the song AND the video were absolutely awful. I'm sure it'll blow up and be a hit because it's Lorde and people love her. And if so, good for her. But my expectations for this album now are at an absolute minimum. I'll probably give it a casual background music listen on Spotify or something, but my guess is that she'll continue to be someone whose extraordinary popularity confuses me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You should listen to the end. Near the end of the song there is a processed synth/guitar that sounds like something Trent Reznor could have done, holy shit. I still get goosebumps whenever I listen to it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I *sort of* liked her first album. Not a huge fan, but didn't actively dislike it.

But I started the video for Green Light and shut it off after about a minute and a half. I just thought the song AND the video were absolutely awful. I'm sure it'll blow up and be a hit because it's Lorde and people love her. And if so, good for her. But my expectations for this album now are at an absolute minimum. I'll probably give it a casual background music listen on Spotify or something, but my guess is that she'll continue to be someone whose extraordinary popularity confuses me.
    i actually really like her first album as a whole (it helps that i own it on vinyl). hearing the songs individually doesn't do much for me, with the exception of "buzzcut season" which never fails to give me goosebumps and almost make me cry.

also, yellow flicker beat is INCREDIBLE and her performance of it at the VMAs was so good.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Song is good except for the chorus. And that is a problem haha.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 04-27-2022 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    she was pretty great on snl last night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I saw Lorde on her Solar Power tour last week. It was beautiful and joyful and intimate. I’ve seen her tours for all three albums and there is a noticeable progression in her maturity and comfort level with performing. As there should be, after entering the music scene as a teenager. She’s been sending out long newsletter emails in the past year, giving a glimpse into her life and new record, which only added to the live experience.