Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Throbbing Gristle

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Good to see reissues of later material for a change, a pity it's among the weakest in their catalogue.
    Camber Sands will be nice to have officially, the cd-r's are rare as hens teeth.

I guess you missed the new Carter Tutti Void album? It's very good. Here is a link to album info, where to buy and a couple of tracks on YT http://www.chrisandcosey.com/cartertuttivoid/
    see, i love the endless not, but i already have an original CD & original vinyl pressing of it. TG now is good and i have it on CD but i have no desire to own it on vinyl with an additional copy of endless not. idunno.

i also don't have a job right now and haven't been able to stop myself from buying certain new vinyl releases (the three new king crimson releases of thrak, TCOL, & TPTB were about $100 together) so i'm trying to be careful that i don't deplete my savings too quickly. :/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sorry for the double post:

https://store.mute.com/browse/throbb...ot-plus-tg-now

they are available from the mute US store, it just wouldn't load for me yesterday for some reason. kinda wish they had a tracklist for camber sands (or any of them, for those who don't already know the tracklists)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    kinda wish they had a tracklist for camber sands (or any of them, for those who don't already know the tracklists)
    this has you covered...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    RIP Genesis.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    RIP Genesis.
    i cried quite a bit when i found out the other day. TG was hugely inspirational when i started making music/noise, and i used several samples of genesis talking about gender & sexuality on the album i put out in 2018.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What is the name of your band/ album?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    What is the name of your band/ album?
    same as my username! and it's just me with some various vocal collaborators/occasional contributors to instrumentation.

https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/albu...acred-complete

also available on streaming services. and i have a shit ton of music. actually finishing up an album for release tomorrow!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Thanks. I’ve hit follow but I doubt I’ll see much new there. It could be a good sign that Chris and cosey are going to put up their other stuff someday.

“The final report” is due a re-listen.

Edit: https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/throbbing-gristle-interview
    Last edited by jmtd; 01-14-2021 at 02:34 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Thanks. I’ve hit follow but I doubt I’ll see much new there. It could be a good sign that Chris and cosey are going to put up their other stuff someday.

“The final report” is due a re-listen.

Edit: https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/...stle-interview
    final report is good but the endless not will probably always be my fav TG album. it's just so gorgeous and well-crafted and it felt like everyone was actually getting along and having fun, you know?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    final report is good but the endless not will probably always be my fav TG album. it's just so gorgeous and well-crafted and it felt like everyone was actually getting along and having fun, you know?
    I’ve never listened to it. Now I will, thanks!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I’ve never listened to it. Now I will, thanks!
    "rabbit snare" and "almost a kiss" are particularly fantastic. gen's voice doesn't normally lend itself to ballads (and i don't usually like ballads) but the latter is such a gorgeous, heartbreaking song.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I realized today, by accidentally scrolling past an old photo, that Genesis is not only my childhood friend’s Dad, but one of the local influential musicians/artists I as a teenager viewed with a sort of naive reverence... I had no idea who they or any of the other musicians around all the time were on any larger of a scale than the small town we lived in. As I stumbled on the picture, I suddenly felt 13 years old, barefoot in the dirt and surrounded by fantastic things that until know seemed a figment of my imagination... My overall childhood was pretty abusive and shitty so those adults around that were NOT shitty, abusive and who fostered love, freedom of expressions and acceptance of alternate states of being truly made a difference... I may make little sense/seem irrelevant, and that’s fine, but it felt fitting to leave this in here as a little ode to all of them and the beauty and world they created around them, both musically and personally.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    .*edit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sleazy, Chris and Cosey were yes, but according to Cosey (in her book art sex music) throughout the recording and indeed pretty much the entire re-grouping of TG, Genesis acted like a total rock star prick, making unrealistic demands, showing very little interest in making any new music, and generally causing much bad feeling among the other three.