Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Stand Up

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Those Neil Bergatze bits are pretty funny. Never heard of him before.
    Never got Louis CK either. Amy Schumer being a famous comedian is beyooond me.
    Joe Rogan isn't a great stand up but he is really great with his podcast, asking the right questions, letting his guests speak... i guess he is a bit like Marc Maron in that respect.
    Roganís podcast is pretty good, his guests are from all walks of life, which keeps it fresh and interesting, and he has a good back and forth with them. His comedy is another story.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Neil Bergatze
    Holy shit, thanks for that typo!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Holy shit, thanks for that typo!
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    I just watched that Hannah Gadsby special on Netflix, fully anticipating to be let down after all of the hype surrounding it. But that was one of the most powerful and personally impactful pieces of art that I have ever experienced. I don't even really have words to express the appreciation I feel for what I just watched.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    newest Tom Segura special on Netflix kills. Dude is a master.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Roganís podcast is pretty good, his guests are from all walks of life, which keeps it fresh and interesting, and he has a good back and forth with them. His comedy is another story.
    I've seen a couple from him, and i'd have to agree. He's pretty funny but he does best on his podcast. Like he says he just has to show up his guests do the rest. (not shitting on him)

From that I ended up on a Stanhope youtube rabbit hole. He's not too bad. Now I'm on to Carlin.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 08-01-2018 at 03:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Iliza Schlesinger's "Elder Millennial" Netflix special is a killer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Stand Up

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodoommonkey View Post
    Iliza Schlesinger's "Elder Millennial" Netflix special is a killer.
    I have to agree to this. I started watching it yesterday, I might finish it today.

Her impressions are really good, and i love her aproach about womenís behaviour around men. I wonder if a man could get away with the same level of honesty.

Nevertheless, Iíll be paying attention to her material.

I also really enjoyed the Sarah Silverman (is that her name?) special A Speck of Dust, she is hilarious.

I wasnít very impressed with Ali Wongís specials on Netflix (Baby Cobra i think, and something else)... the whole sexual thing has never been my cup of tea. Anyone can make jokes about eating buttholes, itís (very) low-hanging fruit and boring, at the same level of Louis CK talking about masturbating a rat... humour for 9th graders.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i find the topic of female comics fascinating from a differing perspective as i do all professions that have a single gender domination
    -louie