Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NTAE puzzle - You Didn't Even Notice

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

NTAE puzzle - You Didn't Even Notice

So Kraw dropped this bit of info and then left today...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

*curiosity nosies increasing*

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

"You didn't even notice"

Now I'm going to have to spend some time with this...

OK, so just took a quick look at the red vinyl inner sleeve and the CD booklet, which is red. The CD booklet is almost a straight copy of vinyl inner sleeve, just cut up to fit the format of the cd booklet. There are two differences I spot right away.

1. There is some text above the credits in the CD version, seemingly random words.
    2. At the bottom of the last page on the CD booklet, it reads "You Didn't Even Notice" above the blue bar, but on the vinyl inner sleeve, that text is not present.
    3. I haven't begun to look at the clear spot varnish text, which is kinda hard to read, but there is probably something there since it is on both versions.

Last edited by trollmanen; 07-18-2022 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    "You didn't even notice"

Now I'm going to have to spend some time with this...

OK, so just took a quick look at the red vinyl inner sleeve and the CD booklet, which is red. The CD booklet is almost a straight copy of vinyl inner sleeve, just cut up to fit the format of the cd booklet. There are two differences I spot right away.

1. There is some text above the credits in the CD version, seemingly random words.
    2. At the bottom of the last page on the CD booklet, it reads "You Didn't Even Notice" above the blue bar, but on the vinyl inner sleeve, that text is not present.
    3. I haven't begun to look at the clear spot varnish text, which is kinda hard to read, but there is probably something there since it is on both versions.

I can't do this again...there was charcoal/mascara/dirt EVERYWHERE.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I can't do this again...there was charcoal/mascara/dirt EVERYWHERE.
    Haha, yeah, I'm definitely not opening up my physical components right now. I have three and am still missing a few variants. But he did say CD and vinyl, so those are relatively clean.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Haha, yeah, I'm definitely not opening up my physical components right now. I have three and am still missing a few variants. But he did say CD and vinyl, so those are relatively clean.
    My vinyl looks like a Hot Topic exploded on it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    http://youdidntevennotice.com/

Was this ever discovered? Seems to be already 'noticed'.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post

You magnificent bastard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEWhite View Post

The real path was the friends we made along the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I visited the site and then noticed that my finger was bleeding. No idea why... Can't be a coincedence!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    It's red and blue, and laying them side by side, etc., seems to do nothing... what about them fancy anaglyph 3D glasses?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It's red and blue, and laying them side by side, etc., seems to do nothing... what about them fancy anaglyph 3D glasses?
    That would be what I would try. I believe some items in physical component are colored and transparent plastics, that can be used as those fancy 3D glasses?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That would be what I would try. I believe some items in physical component are colored and transparent plastics, that can be used as those fancy 3D glasses?
    How did you find that website? It sounds like the method used to find it is what's important.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    How did you find that website? It sounds like the method used to find it is what's important.
    trollmanen mentioned early in this thread that the difference in booklet is that it says "You didn't even notice", and the vinyl doesn't say that text.

Thinking about what we did for anotherversionofthetruth.com, I just added .com to it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    So, on the last page of the CD booklet, there's the varnished bar. On the CD booklet, it says "you didn't even notice" above the bar. That area is blank on the vinyl sleeve.

On the vinyl sleeve below the bar (along and under the fold), it says "dot com slash ntae" (blue sleeve) or "dot com slash halo29" (red sleeve). That area is blank on the CD booklet.

Another view:

(^^^ I didn't annotate the red sleeve because I can't read it.)

Hence, why you need both releases to put the puzzle together. Credit to the peeps on Discord (and @MrEWhite and britneydeville and Stanloi for the vinyl pictures) for putting it together.
    Last edited by TheBang; 07-19-2022 at 06:20 PM. Reason: updates 2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Credit to the peeps on Discogs (@MrEWhite and britneydeville for the vinyl pictures) for putting it together.
    On Discogs?
    Also, @zeegrizzle told me about the "dot com" on the sleeve, and I put it in the Discord thread with photos of my own.
    Last edited by MrEWhite; 07-19-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    According to the domain registration record, that domain has been registered since Mar. 16, 2017. The vinyl release was August 2017, and the CD release was November 17, 2017.

The first Wayback Machine capture of the domain was on May 4, 2018, and the site already looked like it looks now. So presumably, that means that someone (or two someones) got to those two URL's sometime between November and May, and didn't disclose what they found and/or received by getting there first.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    So, on the last page of the CD booklet, there's the varnished bar. On the CD booklet, it says "you didn't even notice" above the bar. That area is blank on the vinyl sleeve.

On the vinyl sleeve below the bar (along and under the fold), it says "dot com slash ntae" (blue sleeve) or "dot com slash halo29" (red sleeve). That area is blank on the CD booklet.

(^^^ I didn't annotate the red sleeve because I can't read it.)

Hence, why you need both releases to put the puzzle together. Credit to the peeps on Discord (and @MrEWhite and britneydeville for the vinyl pictures) for putting it together.
    Both http://youdidntevennotice.com/halo29 and http://youdidntevennotice.com/ntae resolve to the same result as the bare URL.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Both http://youdidntevennotice.com/halo29 and http://youdidntevennotice.com/ntae resolve to the same result as the bare URL.
    Yes. Presumably, they may have worked to display something else for the first person to "notice" each URL. No one has talked yet though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Yeah, seems like a one-time link that someone already clicked on and read. If there was any reward, we will never know what it is.

It's like someone finding USB in the bathroom and keeping it to themselves lol. Oh well...

Gg everyone.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yeah, seems like a one-time link that someone already clicked on and read. If there was any reward, we will never know what it is.

It's like someone finding USB in the bathroom and keeping it to themselves lol. Oh well...

Gg everyone.

I wonder if it somehow tied into this... https://schizophreniasdiary.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    ...maybe this will lead to a pay off for those Add Violence physical component codes.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    ...maybe this will lead to a pay off for those Add Violence physical component codes.
    I forgot all about those.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEWhite View Post
    So this image hasn’t been found yet?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    So this image hasn’t been found yet?
    I think he meant a pic of one or both of the inserts that links together to lead you to the website. I believe they found it but Kraw hasn't popped in to confirm yet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't think he's come back to confirm this is what he was looking for yet.

The whole Add Violence ARG thing seemed like it just fell through. Maybe crediting 42 Entertainment on that release was belated to the NTAE release so they didn't show their cards, but nothing came of it because no one figured it out and the NIN camp didn't nudge us to look harder at that time.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There was world building with the backwards tracks and the 'bleedthrough' of past works hinted at in the two EPs (whether it was the art or lyrics) so maybe it was building to something but then the third EP album caused a shift?