Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Coil vs Nine Inch Nails: Uncoiled/Recoiled

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I personally use VLC for quick playing of FLAC files because who DOESN'T have VLC installed? ASSHOLES, that's who! Are you an asshole? Don't be an asshole, get VLC!
    No OSX user should be without VLC or XLD. XLD is an indispensable tool for converting just about anything to just about anything else. It's also my lossless ripper for archiving my CDs before they hit the shelf/box/wherever they're gonna collect dust.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    thanks to everyone who went to the trouble of getting these remixes.

I can't find them on PB though, I get a 404 message when I click on the links.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    uhhhhh
    wtf
    this is looking kind of not cool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    uhhhhh
    wtf
    this is looking kind of not cool
    No it is not.

If all else fails, 480p download with the YouTube download plug-in.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    There are two direct download links there. Took me 30 minutes from the Uploaded

http://newalbumreleases.net/50555/ni...uncoiled-2012/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its definitely gone from the yourfutureenemy page, but it still shows in my utorrent screen. I'm seeding, and the tracker thingy says there are leechers/ several downloading. If there are still leechers wouldn't that indicate the torrent is up somewhere?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary Lover View Post
    Its definitely gone from the yourfutureenemy page, but it still shows in my utorrent screen. I'm seeding, and the tracker thingy says there are leechers/ several downloading. If there are still leechers wouldn't that indicate the torrent is up somewhere?
    distributed tracker cloud tubernet technology
    Check the Trackers tab. You'll see timeouts/connection refused to TPB url but the other methods are still live. It definitely looks like all of the Uncoiled torrents have been deleted
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 11-05-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Was this even legal to share in the first place?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    http://theunblockedbay.info/index.ph...ch+nails/0/7/0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The more and more I listen to these remixes, the more I appreciate not only the original versions, but also how great the re-constructed versions sound and feel. Damn, so good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This kind of feels like the first time listening to The Downward Spiral. Thank you very much, guys.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Thank you thank you thank you! Diving into this now.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    soooooo banned account
    fucking wonderful

PLEASE STAND BY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So the more I listen to these songs the more I think about how they are the initial mixes of the remixes on Fixed that Peter and Jon did. It sounds like they were playing with different versions of the songs and figuring out what works with what parts and what parts don’t. I picture Peter and Jon sitting back while listening to these mixes, and playing them for friends, and figuring out what works and what doesn’t work. I have strong feelings for Fixed and I absolutely love these songs. It’s like being there when they were coming up with the mixes that they would ultimately release.

That said I don’t think these were ever supposed to be considered songs, like when you see the mix titles being “Full mix”, “Full mix+” and “more perc” you get the feeling that these songs were put down in order to listen to, and get a feel for, how parts of the songs sounded with different mixes. These are the demos for Fixed and Further Down the Spiral and they are awesome.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    PLEASE HOP ON THE NEW TORRENTS
    Torrents have returned! Now in directory format instead of zip format. So, you'll have to unzip the contents to start seeding (or just redownload, we have plenty of seed power to handle it right now).

http://thepiratebay.se/user/yourfutureenemy/

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    also, nin forum looks to be aware now: http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?9,1412936,1412953

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typesix View Post
    So the more I listen to these songs the more I think about how they are the initial mixes of the remixes on Fixed that Peter and Jon did. It sounds like they were playing with different versions of the songs and figuring out what works with what parts and what parts don’t. I picture Peter and Jon sitting back while listening to these mixes, and playing them for friends, and figuring out what works and what doesn’t work. I have strong feelings for Fixed and I absolutely love these songs. It’s like being there when they were coming up with the mixes that they would ultimately release.

That said I don’t think these were ever supposed to be considered songs, like when you see the mix titles being “Full mix”, “Full mix+” and “more perc” you get the feeling that these songs were put down in order to listen to, and get a feel for, how parts of the songs sounded with different mixes. These are the demos for Fixed and Further Down the Spiral and they are awesome.
    All the Gave Up CBS & Matrix variants are for the film The Young Americans.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Think my worst nightmare is to take acid and to listen to that remix of Eraser. Its really terrifying, brilliant but fucking mind bending, Coil were the only group who made me fear for my sanity, they were beautiful but could really scare the living shit out of me, really powerful sounds that totally warp you. Try listening to their music in a dark room, urgh!!! Its serious asylum music. These remixes just highlight how dark and powerful what they did was, Can hear a sample of a female screaming, this sample was later used again by Throbbing Gristle on their 2004 tour with the track Persuasion.

These are all brilliant, i prefer the ending to Closer on this new remix, it all sounds incredible for 1994 its great to hear new recordings from Johnn and Sleazy. Always loved it when Trent being in his position would champion them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All the Gave Up CBS & Matrix variants are for the film The Young Americans.
    I haven't heard of this movie but I am gonna have to hunt it down. Are you saying that there are Coil remixes of Broken (the mixes on this Recoiled torrent) that were in this movie? If so that would be really interesting in that according to IMDB this movie came out in 1993.

So did this movie come out later, were these mixes made earlier or did something else happen to make your statement correct. I would be interested in learning the truth in any case.

PS: Whatcha mean by "CBS & Matrix variants"? Sounds very interesting.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typesix View Post
    I haven't heard of this movie but I am gonna have to hunt it down. Are you saying that there are Coil remixes of Broken (the mixes on this Recoiled torrent) that were in this movie? If so that would be really interesting in that according to IMDB this movie came out in 1993.

So did this movie come out later, were these mixes made earlier or did something else happen to make your statement correct. I would be interested in learning the truth in any case.

PS: Whatcha mean by "CBS & Matrix variants"? Sounds very interesting.
    Check the ID3 tags on each. Some say "remixed by coil with danny hyde at cbs studios in london" and some say "remixed by coil with danny hyde at cbs studios in london"
    And here is the exact scene in the movie where his remix was used:
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 11-05-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Check the ID3 tags on each. Some say "remixed by coil with danny hyde at cbs studios in london" and some say "remixed by coil with danny hyde at cbs studios in london"
    And here is the exact scene in the movie where his remix was used:
    VERY cool. Thanks for the info, really dug the clip. I had no idea there were other versions out there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Love this release. The 'closer' remix was truly amazing, and if I were still a fan of certain substances, I would be doing the shit out of them with this song. Also like the trip down memory lane with the NIN FAQ. I haven't read that thing since the late 90's, I used to mirror it on my BBS along with NIN .mod files and stuff. Very nice indeed, great work and cheers all around!

Also, that pad synth at the beginning of the 'closer' remix, doesn't it totally remind you of Fever Ray's 'When I Grow Up'?
    Last edited by GentlemanLoser; 11-05-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wow, this is a lot more interesting than I had expected. Thank you so much to all of those who helped with the acquisition of this. Only in the NIN community, man!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post

Also, that pad synth at the beginning of the 'closer' remix, doesn't it totally remind you of Fever Ray's 'When I Grow Up'?
    Fever Ray! That has eluded my mind since hearing it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Listening now, this is so exciting. The remix of Closer beats the shit out of anything on Closer To God. A resounding thank you to everyone involved in this release, and to everyone in this amazing community.

Edit: HOLY SHIT, the Downward Spiral remix is fucking phenomenal. So intense.
    Last edited by Trains; 11-06-2012 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Downward Spiral awesomeness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    These are early mixes of songs on Fixed and FDTS done by Coil. Based on what I know about Coil and what they stood for, they would have no problems with a bunch of rabid fans finding this and posting it. Fixed is what made me find Coil and when I found them I fell for them hard. I know there are many others out there like me who became devoted fans of Coil that were introduced to them by Fixed and nothing records. As far as the NIN legal side of it I'll say that I could not imagine them being upset about this at all. "Oh no, the world is reminded about how great we are".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    I used to mirror it on my BBS along with NIN .mod files and stuff. Very nice indeed, great work and cheers all around!
    What BBS did you have? Where were you? Back in Cicero I ran a BBS that had Fidonet, etc.. and Usenet on jacked lines with 2400 and 14.4 baud modems. I wonder if we shared groups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    these are so fucking beautiful. what a great day.

great work leviathant + the hotline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    do you mean "compatible with iTunes" because no FLAC is going to be compatible with iTunes. however, there are plenty of programs that will allow you to convert FLACs to WAVs or any other kind of file you desire, for free.
    Sorry - wasn't clear.

I'm after a FLAC version to download that I can open on my Mac. The torrent files (.exe) on Pirate Bay don't work with OS X, so I'm looking for a FLAC download (torrent or otherwise)for my Mac I can then convert to ALAC (I use XLD to convert).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The torrent files (.exe) on Pirate Bay don't work with OS X

there's no exe program whatsoever, they're simply 11 mp3/fla files along with 5 jpg and 2 txt all in in 1 zip archive :-/