Thread: Health

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here is an interview about the new album:

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That's great. Wonder what other recordings/mixings have happened in there without us knowing.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    That's great. Wonder what other recordings/mixings have happened in there without us knowing.
    I've always personally wondered if that one Coheed and Cambria album that Atticus produced was made in Trent's studio.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    USA BOYS was pretty heavily marketed as having been made there. It was in basically every article about the album at the time. Although I seem to recall it being reported that TR himself wasn't present, so that might be new.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Revolver filmed the entire Brooklyn show
    https://www.facebook.com/healthnoise...3879732886854/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just downloaded Slaves of Fear, first time I've ever really listened to HEALTH. Digging it so far.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://www.gamesradar.com/gta-onlin...k-from-health/

Health did the soundtrack to the new GTA online DLC, and it's on Spotify right now! Man, I loved the singles they released last year, and I figured we wouldn't hear any more after the new album dropped, but more stuff keeps coming

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/gta-onlin...k-from-health/

Health did the soundtrack to the new GTA online DLC, and it's on Spotify right now! Man, I loved the singles they released last year, and I figured we wouldn't hear any more after the new album dropped, but more stuff keeps coming

I've heard some of these playing in the Arena War, but the whole content is rad stuff. If a new Mad Max movie it's really on Warner's plan, they should do the score.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got the new album this weekend. I think I will need to give it some more time. So far I am a little underwhelmed. No songs are really grabbing my attention. I think my only complaint is the guitars sound like cliche metal riffs. Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy the first 3 albums and the Max Payne score. Maybe this one is just not for me? But like I said I will give it more spins. Also I do appreciate that this band takes risks and try’s new things.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burninglard View Post
    Got the new album this weekend. I think I will need to give it some more time. So far I am a little underwhelmed. No songs are really grabbing my attention. I think my only complaint is the guitars sound like cliche metal riffs. Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy the first 3 albums and the Max Payne score. Maybe this one is just not for me? But like I said I will give it more spins. Also I do appreciate that this band takes risks and try’s new things.
    I had pretty much the same thoughts after 2 listens. I need more time with it as well, as their last album was my favorite of theirs, but the metal guitars definitely stood out as a little weird to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I went throught the same thing and then all of a sudden it all just worked for me. I found myself humming parts of songs and thinking about random noises I heard during them. Totally grew on me after about the 4th listen and now love it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I like the stuff they did for GTA Online.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Shit this GTA soundtrack is great. Feels like a perfect companion piece to Vol. 4.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uraki14 View Post
    I went throught the same thing and then all of a sudden it all just worked for me. I found myself humming parts of songs and thinking about random noises I heard during them. Totally grew on me after about the 4th listen and now love it.
    The album has grown on me a little bit. I am thinking of catching the upcoming tour. I am sure the songs would translate really well live.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The album has grown on me a little bit. I am thinking of catching the upcoming tour. I am sure the songs would translate really well live.
    Dude, absolutely go see them live. It's truly a sonic experience.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^ that’s what I have heard. Just got to see if my schedule will workout for the night of the show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I would also say go see them live. I saw them in the alley of a bar 2 years ago. Great experience.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ticket secured for the show on the 10th next week.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Stoked for you dude! Bring earplugs!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Stoked for you dude! Bring earplugs!
    Thanks Man I am looking forward to it. I think I need a good show with how work has been getting to me lately. Take my mind off things .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    They are definitely amazing, live. Glad I get to see them, again, tomorrow night!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ill be at the sold out show in brooklyn at the elsewhere hall- looking forward to this cause I'm really digging this new album. Really displays how the band has matured and developed their sound through the years. This is the first time I'm returning to this band since about the time they first came out and were opening for NIN. I beleive I saw Health headline at the Williamsburg Hall of Music in about '07/'08, gotta go back and check my old ticket stubs to be sure. I remeber them being really great live; lots of energy and stage presence. I also met the tall, long haired bass player as he was working the merch stand before the show. Didn't know it at the time but once the show starting and I seen him jumping all over, swinging that big mane of his around, I realized it. I see the shows have been selling out this tour and the direction the band is going with this new album means theres only more good things to come with this band. Anyone else gunna be at the brooklyn show?
    Last edited by davemuzik85; 04-14-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    Ill be at the sold out show in brooklyn at the elsewhere hall- looking forward to this cause I'm really digging this new album. Really displays how the band has matured and developed their sound through the years. This is the first time I'm returning to this band since about the time they first came out and were opening for NIN. I beleive I saw Health headline at the Williamsburg Hall of Music in about '07/'08, gotta go back and check my old ticket stubs to be sure. I remeber them being really great live; lots of energy and stage presence. I also met the tall, long haired bass player as he was working the merch stand before the show. Didn't know it at the time but once the show starting and I seen him jumping all over, swinging that big mane of his around, I realized it. I see the shows have been selling out this tour and the direction the band is going with this new album means theres only more good things to come with this band. Anyone else gunna be at the brooklyn show?
    this guy will be

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    another new collab!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Elsewhere show in brooklyn last night was wild, Really enjoyed it. Also Youthcode was really great too, they have this Ministry/NIN vibe to their sound with really loud screaming vocals. The girl singer has alot of energy and runs around all over the stage. They surprised me and really blew me away. Had the crowd going and the pit was in full effect for their whole set which I most definately participated in. also Got to meet Jon from health and his wild swinging long mane of hair. Cool and nice guy and took a pic with me. awesome show!
    Last edited by davemuzik85; 04-27-2019 at 03:23 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Agree with the above. Elsewhere show was really good. Youth Code's reaction surprised me. Kids were going off like it was a Ministry show in 1991 or something. Pogoing everywhere. Place actually thinned out a little after they were done and some poeple didn't return.

Health sounded excellent and played a well-rounded, albeit short, set.

Innocence is their collab with Youth Code:

Can't wait to see these dudes again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wow! I've really slept on this band since their self-titled lp. Just listened to Vol 4 & I'm quite blown away. Seems like their style has changed a bit, for the better imo. I would like to echo the idea of Trent bringing them back on the road with him