Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Health

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Health

I looked around a bit and I couldn't find a thread about them yet. They opened for NIN and I have seen them 3 times now. I really dig them. Any other fans here?

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    I follow them on twitter for the jokes about incest & period blood.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Love them. Both of their albums were great, each for their own reasons. I haven't listened to the Max Payne 3 OST yet, because I want to play the game unspoilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They're amazing live - saw them at a small venue before they went on tour with NIN

Plenty of favorite songs to go around, not to mention a lot of the remixes done by other artists

USA Boys was produced by Alan Moulder as some of you know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When I saw them a couple years ago they played a new unreleased song called "DRUGS BEACH". It's a pretty intense song and is actually quite a bit calmer than most of their music. I made a recording of it if anyone is interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ yes please do!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    HEALTH is incredible. I saw them for the first time at Pitchfork Music Festival last year and they were one of the best acts that whole weekend, they kicked my ass from both being an incredible set physically and musically. These guys dominate and I hope I get a chance to see them in a smaller setting soon, they didn't come by my hometown for their Crystal Castles opening tour...but I'm sure with the next record they'll stop by.

....and I can't wait for the new album!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was supposed to see them this past Thursday, but the canceled that last 9 shows of their tour with Crystal Castles. Really bummed me out. The first two times I saw them was in a venue called The 7th Street Entry. Very very small venue, probably can hold 250 people at most. It was amazing. I loved their Max Payne 3 soundtrack, and based off what I have heard for their new album it's going to be amazing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was gonna see them NOV 1st with CC but when they cancelled I didn't go. I love these guys tho, such a cool sound, and so many good tracks- USA Boys, Die Slow, Death+, Tears, We Are Water etc. too bad. Real excited for their third LP tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    I was gonna see them NOV 1st with CC but when they cancelled I didn't go. I love these guys tho, such a cool sound, and so many good tracks- USA Boys, Die Slow, Death+, Tears, We Are Water etc. too bad. Real excited for their third LP tho.
    You live in MN? That was the show I was gonna go to as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I saw them in Columbus a few weeks back and was totally baffled that everything I thought was guitar was actually bass, and everything I thought was synth was guitar. Expert knob twiddlers!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    They're supporting Interpol on their European tour. That shit was batshit crazy. I had heard about them but never listened to their music. I was completely blown away by what was happening.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I've only recently heard Get Color and was really impressed with it. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    They fucking rock but GAWD are they taking their sweet time making the new record that I demand right fucking now ! I'm a fan, I have rights !
    And the Max Payne OST is fantastic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    soooo Health just tweeted that a new song premiered earlier today on Sirius XMU. Anybody have it?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    soooo Health just tweeted that a new song premiered earlier today on Sirius XMU. Anybody have it?
    whaaa? No, I really want to hear this one though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My mistake, it premiers at 7:30 ET. The tweet referred to the premiere in California's time zone.
    Last edited by ghostaustin; 04-23-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    great song
    terrible video

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Very melodic so far.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    It dripped.

And holy shit, it might be my favorite so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Every song on the new one is amazing. I have listened to it 8 times since I got home from work and I listened to it on the way to and from work too. Fucking perfect. Gorgeous, sad and angry.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    THIS ALBUM IS AMAZING.
    Favorite of the year so far. It's all I've always wanted from that band.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Oh man, I agree completely with everyone. this album is incredible. Best work these dudes have ever done, for sure.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/20861-death-magic/ I'm listening to the record now, its alright, it sounds like an expensive recording of Pictureplane. The review's first sentence: One of the highlights of Nine Inch Nails' Lights in the Sky tour back in 2008 was the added pleasure of watching HEALTH—then a still relatively unknown bunch of L.A. noisemakers—manage to almost steal the show.

Though they might bristle at the obvious comparison, it's hard not to notice the Reznorian qualities of Death Magic. With Nine Inch Nails Trent Reznor married the formlessness of industrial music to radio-friendly pop melodies.
    I really don't get why they would bristle at the comparison...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I like the new album a lot. The music/beats sound very 'current era' skinny puppy. Each song starts like a skinny puppy song would, the beats are heavy, the singing is the only thing way different. I love SP though so im really liking this album.

The only thing i dont like about HEALTH is ive seen the asian dude totally fake play bass guitar live. Like really bad. I know bands do that shit sometimes, but just stay on the floor with your pedals if you have nothing to do. Dont pick up a bass just to headbang with. Its a live video of 'tears'. He is really annoying to watch live.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    I really don't get why they would bristle at the comparison...
    Because every electronic rock band gets that comparison for one, it's a very tired analogy by now. And they might want to be their own beast, just because they toured with NIN doesn't mean they owe NIN anything, creatively.
    I can understand why it would be frustrating to be systematically compared to NIN just because you're making noise pop and toured with them 7 years ago. It's like you're constantly indebted to someone else's legacy. You might want to write your own history and be compared to your own achievements and progression instead...
    Sure, there are worse bands they could be associated with, doesn't make it more comfortable.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm desperately trying to find a copy of Get Color on vinyl. I have the other albums and have pre-ordered Death Magic but nobody, including City Slang in Germany, seems to have Get Color. Not even any for sale on Discogs, there were about 6 two weeks ago!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Wow, that's quite the collection!

I bought the new record as a High-def download and I'm really digging the workout it's giving my main system. Some THUNDEROUS shit.