Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Health

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Somehow just discovering these guys. STRANGE DAYS from VOL. 4 came on on my Spotify discover playlist. Damn!

It's like Silversun Pickups meets the score to the Underworld movies haha. Good stuff here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Posted in the Daughters thread too, but a co-headline tour with Daughters and support from Show Me the Body has been announced for December this year.

https://www.theprp.com/2019/08/13/news/daughters-health-announce-fall-co-headlining-tour/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Remastered versions of their first two albums, an EP and the Goth Star single are available digitally on their Bandcamp page: https://youwillloveeachother.bandcamp.com/music

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    Remastered versions of their first two albums, an EP and the Goth Star single are available digitally on their Bandcamp page: https://youwillloveeachother.bandcamp.com/music
    They also released a Death Magic rarities release called Drugs Beach, but you need to pay for their 3rd tier of their Patreon to get it.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-01-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Hmm. I wonder if the remaster of the first album will sound significantly better? It would be cool to have it feel more apiece with the rest of their releases.
    I did a quick listen and couldn't notice anything different, but I also didnt' have headphones on.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just signed up for the top tier. Pretty excited for this Death Magic rarities EP.

EDIT-----

The Death Magic Demos EP is pretty damn worth it, as well as them providing the Stems for basically every release they've done. I got a call from John like 20 minutes after signing up, but unfortunately I missed the call.
    Last edited by richardp; 05-02-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Signed up for the 10$ tier. Excited for the stems...

The remaster of the second album sounds a bit clearer, "punchier" if you will, to my ears.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Yo richard, could you possibly comment on the content of those tour CDs they're offering top tiers of their Patreon right now?

Been pleased with the uploads and care they put into this thing!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Yo richard, could you possibly comment on the content of those tour CDs they're offering top tiers of their Patreon right now?

Been pleased with the uploads and care they put into this thing!
    Yeah for sure. Umm, the first one is a CD Rip of the first tour EP/Demo. Tracks: Girl Attorney, Get Color, Perfect Skin, Wooden Sticks
    The second is a second tour cd but is not a CD Rip. This one is various HQ files like .wav and shit. Tracks: Crimewave, Courtship (Bird Flu), Zoothorns, Subtitles, Crimwaves (Health vs Crystial Castles). Tracks are all mostly instrumental but sound great.

It also came bundles with a 90 minute collection of performances from HEALTH's first ever tour.

Also, John called me a second time yesterday, so again this fan club is worth every cent.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Thank you! What did he say?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Thank you! What did he say?
    I actually wasn't near my phone when he called so I have a personalized voicemail message from him. He said "Hey Richard, this is John from HEALTH. Just calling to chat, see how youre doing, and thank you for supporting us. I'll give you a call back soon, or you can call me anytime of course. Hope youre having a good day"

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Patreon is doing maintenance so I can't download the files at the moment, but this month's Health++ items are two live albums, a 2020 remaster of Goth Star, and a Chinese Tour documentary. Fuckin itching for these live albums!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yes! Really looking forward to this Health++ patch update. Also excited for DISCO 4! They say that Part 1 should be up by late August.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Patreon is doing maintenance so I can't download the files at the moment, but this month's Health++ items are two live albums, a 2020 remaster of Goth Star, and a Chinese Tour documentary. Fuckin itching for these live albums!!
    If I join now, do I get access to download the previous months' bonus material they put out?
    Last edited by neorev; 08-01-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    If I join now, do I get access to download the previous months' bonus material they put out?
    I believe so. If you join now before Aug 3, John will also include you in the physical packaging for Disco 4. I doubt you'll get the Killer Elite woven patch sent to you since you have to have been subrscibed from the start. But this shit is totally worth it. One of the live albums is a coachella set from 2011.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Ive booked the second highest tier and got to download some of the ++ content after three months of subscription.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Pre-orders for Disco 4 are finally up!

https://youwillloveeachother.bandcam.../disco4-part-1

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Kinda hoping that all the Killer Elite Top Tier Members will get a signed physical copy of DISCO4 when it drops.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

new song is EXCELLENT, and reminded me of the great show I saw them put on last year, and now I'm bummed b/c no shows

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    new song is EXCELLENT
    It is! That guitar tone at 2:58 is similar to the one they used for the Max Payne 3 soundtrack.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I preordered DISCO4 :: PART I last bandcamp friday and bought the digital versions of DISCO and DISCO+ that they released that day.

Really cool that all recent collaboration singles are now compiled on one album. Still I'm hoping that PART II will be a classic remix album as these always add an extra element / new perspectives to the songs from the main albums and I really love VOL.4.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    digging the new record.

https://found.ee/HEALTH_DISCO4

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    digging the new record.

https://found.ee/HEALTH_DISCO4
    Same. I need to give it a proper headphone listen, but I blasted it while doing my COVID YouTube workout today, and I didn't die.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's amazing how well it all flows together, considering that it's a compilation album of singles with very different collaborators. Great sequencing, as usual with HEALTH.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    new album is sick and i bought a crazy long sleeve from them last week. Can't wait for it to come in!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my copy of DISCO4 in the mail on New Year's Eve. Not a bad way to ring in the new year, all things considered - listening to a brand new record and enjoying an alcoholic beverage.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    HEALTH have changed their Patreon model so that right now you can access all stems and rarities released so far with only a 5 $ subscription. It's great!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Do you know what's in those rarities packs? Because the filenames aren't telling and the zips are quite big... :/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's hidden in the Launcher Patch notes on Patreon. This should be the list:

Season 1: Drugs Beach (death magic rarities), vice mixtape & golden ticket adventure video.
    Season 2: Tour CD 2005 & 2006, Tour 2005 doc
    Season 3: Live//smell, Coachella 2011 & Goth Star single
    Season 4: Dimensions in Noise EP, disco2++ & Get Color Remixes
    Season 5: Blasphemy (Max Payne rarities), Vice Blackmarket Theme, Power Fantasy instrumental
    Season 6: Climbing (Free Solo Audition), Wizard of Upper Amazon, New Coke remix, rejected arena war theme
    Season 7: xiu health xiu, turn of the screw (nsfw), Drug Money
    Season 8: Euphoria (piano versions)
    Last edited by SchwarzerAbt; 02-02-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    HEALTH have changed their Patreon model so that right now you can access all stems and rarities released so far with only a 5 $ subscription. It's great!
    Do the stems include Tears or anything else from the Max Payne 3 soundtrack?