Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2015

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    @Mutilated
    It's the wretched nin, and it only has 990 members so I guess it's not as large as I thought.
    I've had many a issue with them (lots of plagiarism of fan art and stuff from other groups)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    There! I spotted the NIN!

Please, stay on topic here.
    pffff, is there no room for some humor anymore. if you really know what i meant to say.
    a pity.
    edit: ..and, by the way, i was on topic -lol-
    Last edited by witte; 07-18-2015 at 04:57 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    NIN has a European store now http://nin.firebrandstores.com/index.php

There's not much special in there, but THANK YOU BASED TRENT that I can order anything upcoming without being arsefucked by customs

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...QCYARANSUQ4QPH

Yoga tribute to NIN. This is weird. And probably offensive to actual yoga practitioners.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Aren't they the same tracks as Rockabye Baby tribute?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Aren't they the same tracks as Rockabye Baby tribute?
    Nah quite different - and Rockabye Baby I know always get artist permission

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Excellent documentary on gambling addiction from a couple of years ago. Great soundtrack featuring the likes of Four Tet, Boards of Canada, Mogwai and of course NIN and a few TR&AR cuts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    With no new music on the horizon from the band, it marks Reznor’s longest period without a fresh album since the gap between 1999’s “The Fragile” and 2005’s “With Teeth.”

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/2542...-nails-hiatus/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    With no new music on the horizon from the band, it marks Reznor’s longest period without a fresh album since the gap between 1999’s “The Fragile” and 2005’s “With Teeth.”

Hesitation Marks.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I... what? It's been less than two years since Hesitation Marks, and arguably the best year ever to be a Reznor fan. And it's been 10 months since his last major release. And in the meantime we've had full instrumental/alt versions of two older albums, including some previously unheard material.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

TF-WT 2051 days
    HM-Present 696 days

That's not even close to the TF-WT gap. And the TS-HM gap is longer than the current gap too. The article's author can't count.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pinterest - Cofounder Evan Sharp told the German newspaper "Die Welt" that one of first experiences in designing websites was a NIN-related site.

Some sites were about design, some about bands or movies. For example I did a Nine Inch Nails - website. This might be embarrassing today, but back in the day i love their dark, dramatic stuff. Probably also, because Trent Reznor grew up in my area. I found him cool because he managed to leave behind provincial living.
    The whole interview in German

Does somebody here know/knew his website?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I... what? It's been less than two years since Hesitation Marks, and arguably the best year ever to be a Reznor fan. And it's been 10 months since his last major release. And in the meantime we've had full instrumental/alt versions of two older albums, including some previously unheard material.
    It actually hasn't been less than two years. In fact, it's been 2 years and two months since new music debuted. Remember HM was announced months before its release and new music started trickling out around June. So that would make it 2 years and 2 months since that album's material was finished and started debuting.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    So that would make it 2 years and 2 months since that album's material was finished and started debuting.
    So yeah, what @Vertigo said : less than two years since the album. On CD. Released. In stores. To buy.

Man, I've seen alcoholics looking for booze and junkies walking the streets searching for their man, and they were less twitchy than you... So glad I came to NIN in 92, it taught me to be fucking patient...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    So yeah, what @Vertigo said : less than two years since the album. On CD. Released. In stores. To buy.

Man, I've seen alcoholics looking for booze and junkies walking the streets searching for their man, and they were less twitchy than you... So glad I came to NIN in 92, it taught me to be fucking patient...
    Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of having been waiting for NIN in the past; I only really got engaged after the release of HM (the best ever music album ever created by man or aliens, because we still have no solid evidence proving Trent is actually human and not extraterrestrial).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    ...In fact, it's been 2 years and two months since new music debuted...
    Mere pittance! Try being a fan of Tool. Was the title 10,000 Days really a warning as to how long until the next album? Or how about Dr. Dre? I was a young man with firm abs when his last album came out. Now I’m middle aged with a beer gut, and gray is starting to poke through in what hair I have left. Where the fuck is your new album?!! Dre?!! The “G-clock” is ticking and running out for some of us!

Nin has run laps around these guys over the last 15 years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Mere pittance! Try being a fan of Tool. Was the title 10,000 Days really a warning as to how long until the next album? Or how about Dr. Dre? I was a young man with firm abs when his last album came out. Now I’m middle aged with a beer gut, and gray is starting to poke through in what hair I have left. Where the fuck is your new album?!! Dre?!! The “G-clock” is ticking and running out for some of us!

Nin has run laps around these guys over the last 15 years.
    http://www.spin.com/2015/08/dr-dre-n...traight-outta/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Looks like it’s gonna be a faded Friday for me.

Is this thread derailed yet?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Looks like it’s gonna be a faded Friday for me.

Is this thread derailed yet?
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...eUjqf1B8J7k0xI

On BigBoyTV Dre. talked about, even at the age of 50, he feels what motivates him is the fact that he feels hasn't put out his best album yet. This new album is supposed to be big. Maybe it'll motivate a 50-year-old Trent to keep going as well.
    Last edited by nineinchnerd; 08-02-2015 at 02:58 AM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I only really got engaged after the release of HM
    And as much as I appreciate that, you have to stop thinking 2 years is a freakishly long gap. NIN years are reverse dog years. When most bands release albums on a biennal basis, NIN averages on 5 years between releases.
    Now, granted, since Reznor has been clean he's been way more productive, but since you're dead focused on NIN, his other projects are irrelevant.
    There has been one hiccup/stutter era between 2005 and 2008 when we had three albums in a three year span, but that's the exception. There has been a five years gap between TS and HM, that's the usual timetable.
    Maybe he's working on something solid right now, maybe he's goofing around with strings and knobs. Maybe we'll have an album next year, or maybe we'll have it around 2018/2019 because the man is back to his regular rhythm.
    But for the sake of your mental health, and of everyone's around here, quit thinking an album by Nine Inch Nails is due to drop anytime soon. Statistically, that's very, very unlikely.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    And as much as I appreciate that, you have to stop thinking 2 years is a freakishly long gap. NIN years are reverse dog years. When most bands release albums on a biennal basis, NIN averages on 5 years between releases.
    Now, granted, since Reznor has been clean he's been way more productive, but since you're dead focused on NIN, his other projects are irrelevant.
    There has been one hiccup/stutter era between 2005 and 2008 when we had three albums in a three year span, but that's the exception. There has been a five years gap between TS and HM, that's the usual timetable.
    Maybe he's working on something solid right now, maybe he's goofing around with strings and knobs. Maybe we'll have an album next year, or maybe we'll have it around 2018/2019 because the man is back to his regular rhythm.
    But for the sake of your mental health, and of everyone's around here, quit thinking an album by Nine Inch Nails is due to drop anytime soon. Statistically, that's very, very unlikely.
    Did you miss the part where I said I didn't expect anything new until at least around 2017??????????

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Did you miss the part where I said I didn't expect anything new until at least around 2017??????????
    Nope!!!!!!!!!!
    But you act like you expect it to drop tomorrow.
    !!
    !
    More punctuation.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Nope!!!!!!!!!!
    But you act like you expect it to drop tomorrow.
    !!
    !
    More punctuation.
    Yeah man, you never know... People are very strange these days.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Yeah man, you never know... People are very strange these days.
    Yeah... Believe me I'm well aware of that at the moment...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So yeah, I was just reading this interview with Grimes, and she gives respect to Trent Reznor - it's somewhere nearer the bottom, if you're not interested in the rest. From The Fader:

http://www.thefader.com/2015/07/28/grimes-cover-story-interview

OT: Personally I really like her work, and it's one of the best interviews I've read in a long time. If I see a crappy 30 second video clip being classed as an interview again...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    So yeah, I was just reading this interview with Grimes, and she gives respect to Trent Reznor - it's somewhere nearer the bottom, if you're not interested in the rest. From The Fader:

http://www.thefader.com/2015/07/28/grimes-cover-story-interview

OT: Personally I really like her work, and it's one of the best interviews I've read in a long time. If I see a crappy 30 second video clip being classed as an interview again...
    She talks about Trent/NIN quite often, I think she's hoping he'll notice and collab lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/20861-death-magic/ I'm listening to the record now, its alright, it sounds like an expensive recording of Pictureplane. The review's first sentence: One of the highlights of Nine Inch Nails' Lights in the Sky tour back in 2008 was the added pleasure of watching HEALTH—then a still relatively unknown bunch of L.A. noisemakers—manage to almost steal the show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/20861-death-magic/ I'm listening to the record now, its alright, it sounds like an expensive recording of Pictureplane. The review's first sentence: One of the highlights of Nine Inch Nails' Lights in the Sky tour back in 2008 was the added pleasure of watching HEALTH—then a still relatively unknown bunch of L.A. noisemakers—manage to almost steal the show.

Bah haha ... I don't know about the other shows, but at the LITS that I attended, the audience was completely underwhelmed and bored by Health, remaining mostly silent (or talking amongst themselves) during the set. At some point, the crowd's patience grew thin and people actually started heckling the band. I've never been to a show before or since where I actually heard an audience member yell to the stage for the performers to leave. When the topic comes up in conversation regarding truly awful performances I've seen live, Health is always the first to come to mind.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

"Come Back Haunted" featured.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post

"Come Back Haunted" featured.
    Electric Six and NIN on the same list, my day is complete