Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Coil

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    The one I heard wasnt mono, it was just hard panned into one ear. Unless Im mixing it up with something else. I remember time machines live starts off a little like that too until the first synth wine pans across the field

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    A lot of the loops etc. are hard panned in songs like Tunnel of Goats, but the vocal will be center, that kind of thing. "Higher Beings Command" should open very much in stereo, though.

And I doubt the panning will be changed, but you never know.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Im far from an expert but I think hard panning is difficult to actually press to vinyl. I just did a cursory search to back that up, I found one quote: Avoid hard panning to the left or right, especially loud transients (tom drums, etc.) This usually creates phase issues, which in turn can lead to skips on the finished record. Normal panning is totally fine, but just avoid any extremes.
    https://badracket.com/vinyl-mastering/

Whether what were talking about is extreme or not I dunno. Well see!

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    From Gibby Miller, on Facebook:

Regarding Constant Shallowness - a small portion of this release was accidentally announced and sold early, and was an honest mistake on our side. We will have more information to share about this project (and more!) very soon -- Do not worry, nothing is sold out -- and we are excited to provide more news shortly. Keep your eyes out for July 5th.....

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Did anyone do a comparison of the audio of MTPITD2 once it was finally out? I haven't got around to it. And I've lost my download code too :/

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Did anyone do a comparison of the audio of MTPITD2 once it was finally out? I haven't got around to it. And I've lost my download code too :/
    Found it! The MP3s have this metadata

Code:
        artist          : Coil
        album           : Musick To Play In The Dark
        comment         : Remastered by Josh Bonati
        title           : Something
        track           : 1/7
    (no embedded album art though).

So definitely remastered. Haven't compared yet.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Some "constant shallowness" stuff has landed

Bandcamp digital pre-order (no physical on BC yet): https://coilofficial.bandcamp.com/al...-leads-to-evil
    Nothing on DAIS yet
    Physical pre-order on Bleep: clear or black vinyl, both with TPS signed prints (limit 100) https://bleep.com/release/315002-coi...-leads-to-evil
    Tunnel of Goats now with pre-orders on bleep https://bleep.com/release/315001-coil-tunnel-of-goats

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    "[Tunnel of Goats] throbs, thrashes, and flatlines in compressed frenzies of twisted synthesis, at the threshold of some bottomless purgatory, forbidding and unknown."

Yeah, pretty much, Can't wait to listen to this once, all the way through, and then never again...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    restored & expanded by Thighpaulsandra (Spiritualized, Julian Cope) & DAIS Records
    Does this mean remastered? More music? Tunnel of Goats is about a minute longer, it seems.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Woo there we go. International pre-order links at https://found.ee/ConstantShallowness

Of the DAIS variants, I like green-in-clear. All the other retailers (Bandcamp excepting, who, I think are just fronting DAIS stock?) are only offering clear or black.

Not sure if anyone except DAIS is offering the lenticular jacket which looks really cool

Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    managed to snag the most limited variant on DAIS (happened to check my email at the right time; i had no idea this was coming out)

has anyone grabbed the new selvaggina from thighpaulsandra's website?

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Does this mean remastered? More music? Tunnel of Goats is about a minute longer, it seems.
    The durations are nearly identical (+1.2 seconds; given that this new mix is 1 track instead of 18, the duration difference is negligable):

"Tunnel of Goats IXVI" is 26:29
    "Tunnel of Goats XVII" is 00:51 (no audio)
    "Tunnel of Goats XVIII" is 00:17