Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Robocop (Remake)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Robocop (Remake)

Yes the new "costume" looks awful...
    Yes Peter Weller is better than Joel Kinnaman...

Still i'll give it the benefit of doubt, i think you shouldn't make remakes of perfect movies like the original, but you can understand why they are making it and im hoping at least a watchable movie like the remakes of Judge Dreed, Dawn of the Dead or Planet of the Apes...

An interesting documentary with facts and pictures of the production

The "viral" trailer for the movie

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    As much as I hate the look of the suit and all the shit I've heard about problems during the production, I imagine I'll end up going to see this when it comes out. I love the original 2 movies (fuck Robocop 3) so I'll at least give this one a chance.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    what? robocop is a classic, is nothing sacred?

next their gonna remake back to the future :[

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    what? robocop is a classic, is nothing sacred?

next their gonna remake back to the future :[
    Shhhh... they can hear you!

Anyhoo... I agree with kdcraig, Part 3 was awful, part 2 is not a great movie but it had good moments and i still can't get out of my head the scene when the bad guys disassemble Robocop!

As i said remaking the movie isn't the greatest idea ever but neither is doing a sequel or an animated feature... i want this movie to remain true to the original i want it to be dark, intelligent, critical and violent... i don't want to see a "Robo-dog" or Robocop with a "girlfriend", i want blood, pain and drama just like in the first movie!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I feel like it's going down the Total Recall route... There is actually a lot of potential in the story, it could be made very relevant now (factory workers are already losing their jobs to robots... ) and the technology could really turn it up a notch. Unfortunately it will most likely end up being an uninspired and boring retelling of the original.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    An interesting documentary with facts and pictures of the production

What I took away from that:
    "The suit won't suck, it'll have some blinky CGI lights! Look! We've... we're bringing back the Ford Taurus!! Oh shit, who's taking the fall for this NOT IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really want this movie to be good. But, come to think of it, I haven't watched a remake in maybe ever that I thought was good.

I take that back. New Star Trek was good.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I feel like it's going down the Total Recall route... There is actually a lot of potential in the story, it could be made very relevant now (factory workers are already losing their jobs to robots... ) and the technology could really turn it up a notch. Unfortunately it will most likely end up being an uninspired and boring retelling of the original.
    I hope not, as you said: there's lots of potential in this movie and i would hate watch it go to waste because a poor script...
    What it caught my attention is the fact that a lot of people are unhappy with this remake, that means that the first movie is undoubtedly a classic of our era... and to think Paul Verhoeven almost passed on the project

Anyway for the fans of the first movie i've found a cool "Man and Machine series" with cool facts and fiction about the first movies and the TV series:

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I appreciate the original more than I like it. Both sequels never appealed to me at all, still don't. But now I liked how the original, on top of having some good action, feels like a Dirty Harry/Blade Runner meld. Parts of it are still too over the top for me to consider, though. That said I am interested in this reboot of the character. It's not the same story at all (he was injured on the line of duty now, as opposed to killed), and is actually relevant to some issues now (drone technology is a main point of the plot). But I'm not too convinced now that Sony has pushed it back to 2014, and on Valentine's Day no less.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Personally, I consider RoboCop to be one of the greatest movies ever made.

100% SERIOUS.

Still looking forward to the remake, though.

The director's Elite Squad movies are AWESOME. Kinnaman is in intense young and relatively unknown talent. The supporting cast is excellent. I pretty much LOVE what I've seen of the script and the concept designs so far. And even the lead character design I can get with considering what little we've seen of it and the transitions it's known to go through within the film and the potential for post-production enhancement and especially the sleeker, less cumbersome direction technology's taken since the days of the original film. I generally think of the re-design as essentially being RoboCop for the iPod generation.

And then there's the matter of the drones, defense contracting, detroit, economic depression, outsourcing, and Pat Novak the reporter, etc., etc., etc.

Maaaaan. For a movie that has EVERY RIGHT to be another PoS remake of a movie that's FUCKING PERFECT AS IS it really seems like THIS remake is doing a LOT of things right. Of course I'm fully aware that there's plenty of stuff to make purists balk on the face of it (Murphy's still alive? Human right hand? Black male Lewis?), I'm still more than willing to give this movie the benefit of the doubt. Despite whatever initial misgivings people might have we haven't even seen a trailer yet, ffs. This movie and these filmmakers DESERVE our faith so far.

CANNOT FUCKING WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE.

Also, Peter Weller KICKS FUCKING ASS.

Last edited by Hazekiah; 11-06-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I agree with you: Robocop is one of the greatest movies ever!!! that's what makes this remake so controversial...

As i said before, i'll give it a shot im not expecting nothing better than the original but i did like "Elite Squad" and i think the director has talent and can deliver at least a watchable movie, we'll just have to wait and see...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    To me the biggest turn off for now is the suit; it seems that every bad-ass in every H'wood movie in the last couple of years has a similar one. I shit you not, the moment I saw it I thought "Batman!" due to those biceps armor, sixpack armor. shoulders armor.. To me it looks like all latest superheroes suits are made of same design and trying to look very similar and I really do not like this. They'd get my attention if the suit was actually something.. original but knowing it's a remake of a classic movie, what the hell did I expect?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I don't share Hazekiah's opinion of the original (I respect it more than I like it, odd as it may sound), but for every reason he stated and more, I'm a little interested in this remake too. It's not encouraging that Sony chose to push it back to fucking Valentine's Day 2014 but I'm still holding hope it won't be a waste of time in the theater.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It does look a little Batman-ish...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    For all of you complaining about the "Batman suit" here's the new suit.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    so it went from batman to Mark II.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

Organic right hand = confirmed.

Not quite "dead" Murphy = confirmed.

Desert model ED-209 = cool.

Robocop '87 retro-design = AWESOME.

Still 100% on board with this remake even though I'd rather see him in his '87 design the whole way through based solely on the concept art and initial images. Everything else about this gives me COMPLETE faith they'll ultimately win me over anyway though, so FUCK IT, bring on the $100 MILLION remake!

Go, Robo!!!

:)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I don't like the new design at all, and the main actor looks to young to play the role imo (despite being 33).

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    LOL

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^I just wanted to counter that tasteless post...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    One thing that always pissed me off about Robocop was "Should we include 'stairs' in ED-209's programming? No? Yeah, you're probably right..."

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think it was more that it's feet were unable to get a good grip on the stairs.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    That was my problem. A robot designed for urban pacification, and nobody thought of stairs. They have stairs OUTSIDE, too!!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Robocop (Remake)

I wonder if all this stairs fiasco will make it in the remake.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    For all of you complaining about the "Batman suit" here's the new suit.
    What is that?? The Guyver?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Video of the motorcycle scene...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    More of a before-and-after-the-motorcycle-scene kinda clip...but I've gotta say, the more I see of the blacked-out S.W.A.T. mode for RoboCop the more I definitely fuckin' like it.

And MAD PROPS to the stunt-cyclist, driving that thing downtown while wearing a helmet like that HAS to be a bit of a chore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think Batman really. More like Snake Eyes and Iron man. Hopefully this movie just fades into the nothing quickly.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^ wow! some good wishes right there...

I understand all the hate for the new costume but the movie hasn't been released yet...
    Im not going to defend it, but at least i'll give it the benefit of doubt...