Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

I fucking lost my shit at that ending LOL @tony.parente

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Uh.... what the fuck was that? Seriously, that wasn't very good.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Uh.... what the fuck was that? Seriously, that wasn't very good.
    Yeah, a few funny parts, but overall kinda meh. I'm hoping that it's just Matt & Trey shaking off the cobwebs from almost a year away and the next few episodes will be better.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    It better be funny. I don't want another year-long narrative like the last few seasons.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    the last season was the best season yet... I still haven't watched the new one though

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    OK, I watched it... It wasn't the best, but there was a point to it that I think might have been too oddly framed to pick up on.

The redneck "took er jerrrrrbs" guys are furious that convenience devices are popular... that machines are taking the jobs that average white guys in America aren't willing to do. The point there is kind of obvious, and the correlation to the Charlottesville scenario is clear too, though the counter w/ Randy having the White People Renovating Houses was kinda strange, and I'm not 100% sure what is being said there. As a counterpoint to the redneck "protesters," maybe it's being critical of the bourgeois white "coastal elites" who engage in navel gazing reality TV distractions that celebrate their own philanthropy while simultaneously mocking "white trash" in the rust belt?

I'm not sure this one worked as satire, if only because the message was so strangely convoluted, to the degree where in order to "get it" you kind of have to sound like you're pretentiously overthinking South Park...

WOAH... I think I just got it?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I read enough reviews and heard a co-worker talk about this one. I think the constantly in line with pop culture is gonna start hurting this show soon just based on this premiere episode's premise.

The last few seasons haven't been my favorite either.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    the last season was the best season yet... I still haven't watched the new one though
    I couldn’t disagree more. The last few seasons when they’ve started having a connected plot have been pretty weak for me. I still feel their best Season was 8. So many gems in that season including my absolute favorite episode: Good Times With Weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The last season was terrible IMO. It had a few funny moments, but nothing stood out as future classic moments. All I want in this season is for a Halloween themed Goth Kids episode.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I guess I've got an odd sense of humor. I loved the social commentary story arcs and I thought last season was some of the best comedic satire this side of The Great Dictator

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OK, that episode sucked. I usually love Randy Marsh but he was unbearable in this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was the funniest episode of the season so far.

Highlights:

*Steve on the DNA and Me commercial
    *The Native American guy singing.
    *Randy talking shit at the end.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Yeah uh, digit, we've never done this before, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pass on your show." :-)

("digit"?)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That was a funny episode. Especially as it relates to Butters and what happened to him in the end.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    New season's been getting better with each new episode. I thought the Columbus Day episode was the best one so far, although the recent Zuckerberg episode and texting episode were also good. The premiere was definitely the weakest.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I have still never watched a full episode of this show. A lot of my friends like it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I have still never watched a full episode of this show. A lot of my friends like it.
    How have you managed to avoid it this long??
    Anyway, yeah, this season seems to be be averaging better than the last few so far. I especially liked the episode with Tweak freaking about about the president's tweets provoking North Korea/Kim Jong Un and this newest one that seems to act as a prequel to The Fractured but Whole, which I can't fucking wait to play on Tuesday. If this new game is anything like The Stick of Truth, I'll be laughing myself to tears in no time.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OK, tonight's episode was hilarious. That montage of Kyle haunting Cartman and ruining his relationship with Heidi killed me. I like where this storyline is going.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    My God, the latest episode was intense. Can't wait for the season finale.

Also, I completed the main story and most of the quests in The Fractured But Whole. Enjoyed it even more than The Stick of Truth. It's jam-packed with hilarious jokes (sometimes I had to pause just so I could catch my breath) and the combat system is vastly improved. It's amazing how they came up with so much material for the game and still manage to produce quality episodes. Trey and Matt never stop working.
    Last edited by wizfan; 12-02-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I think I'm done. Sat through too many episodes without laughing now, and the first two episodes of this run have been actively unpleasant. It doesn't even feel timely - it's been a while since the last school shooting, and priest molestation isn't exactly the premiere topic right now. So if it's not funny, not topical, not particularly insightful (the last school shooting was the polar opposite of 'nobody cares' - maybe Trey and Matt get all their news from Fox)... Why am I watching?

Last season I basically just sat through out of loyalty. South Park used to be an obsession for me, and I think the first eight seasons or so are pretty close to perfect. But it's been an increasingly patchy ride since then, and at this point they've worn out the last of my goodwill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I think I'm done. Sat through too many episodes without laughing now, and the first two episodes of this run have been actively unpleasant. It doesn't even feel timely - it's been a while since the last school shooting, and priest molestation isn't exactly the premiere topic right now. So if it's not funny, not topical, not particularly insightful (the last school shooting was the polar opposite of 'nobody cares' - maybe Trey and Matt get all their news from Fox)... Why am I watching?

Last season I basically just sat through out of loyalty. South Park used to be an obsession for me, and I think the first eight seasons or so are pretty close to perfect. But it's been an increasingly patchy ride since then, and at this point they've worn out the last of my goodwill.
    There were some funny moments in this new one, but it's pretty much a sequel to 'Red Hot Catholic Love'. Hopefully the rest of the season gets funnier otherwise I think it may be time to #cancelsouthpark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I’m not feeling this season either. I wonder if it’s intentionally bad so the producers can #cancelsouthpark. Very strange.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I haven't watched this season or the last but they need to drop the season long story arcs and magnifying the real life and pop culture aspect. It makes the show dull.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    i wish they would get into the current horrors in washington, dc. the whole thing is stranger than fiction.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I loved Mr. Hankey cursing at everyone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i wish they would get into the current horrors in washington, dc. the whole thing is stranger than fiction.
    I think they actually put out a statement about how they wanted to stay away from the current political situations after season 19. Saying something like they didn't want to become the show solely based on what Trump is up to. They didn't want to be CNN, or something and wanted to get back to Cartman just making fun of Butters and other topics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last night's episode is definitely the funniest episode so far this season!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Pussy sticks hahahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last night's episode was hilarious. Surprised no one seems to be talking about this show anymore since it's so far down the thread.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    Last night's episode was hilarious. Surprised no one seems to be talking about this show anymore since it's so far down the thread.
    The Halloween episode AND the one from last night were both fantastic! I laughed my ass off at both of them. It's nice to see them go back to just having a simple story-line where the boys go on a crazy adventure and it doesn't tie into any current events (not to say they don't do that to great effect sometimes).