Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Did anyone else really like this episode?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Did anyone else really like this episode?
    Which one chief?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    In Which A Mind-Boggling Number Of Satirical Strands Are Entwined With IT Crowdian Farce And Heated Racial Subject.

Y'know, the last one.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    I never dressed like a goth but when I was 15 I was sent to the school counseller for being a Marilyn Manson fan.
    The principal used to judge me too cos I had a Cartman keychain on my bagpack haha.
    That's all crazy, yet I'm fascinated about such reactions because there's obviously a huge difference between "just being a fan" and "acting/looking a way you shouldn't", but those two things seem to get mixed up when it comes to principals and teachers. This also takes me back to the first 3 years of South Park when I was between ages 11 to 15.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    In Which A Mind-Boggling Number Of Satirical Strands Are Entwined With IT Crowdian Farce And Heated Racial Subject.

Y'know, the last one.
    I'm glad some people liked it, but maybe this is part of what I hated so much about it... it just felt like they were tacking together whatever came to mind and forcing it to correlate to something else that's currently been on their minds. I feel like they're probably about to put out an episode that combines Miley Cyrus with a statement about the government shutdown and how that all relates to legalized gay marriage, the royal baby, gun control, and whatever that new drug is that is giving people necrosis... all the while tying it in with a statement about the overuse of 3D in movies, and a side note about how the movie Gravity is still pretty cool.

In the past, the stories were presented in a way that seemed to suggest they were making a legitimate correlation, or at least trying to. Now it feels as though they're just hoping it sticks in some vague way.

I still have high hopes for tonight's episode though. The goth kids have always been good.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tonight's episode was really good though the climax at the end was kind of lame. Man, I liked that Black Twilight fan. He's hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The best part about tonights episode was the modified intro song.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm glad some people liked it, but maybe this is part of what I hated so much about it... it just felt like they were tacking together whatever came to mind and forcing it to correlate to something else that's currently been on their minds. I feel like they're probably about to put out an episode that combines Miley Cyrus with a statement about the government shutdown and how that all relates to legalized gay marriage, the royal baby, gun control, and whatever that new drug is that is giving people necrosis... all the while tying it in with a statement about the overuse of 3D in movies, and a side note about how the movie Gravity is still pretty cool.

In the past, the stories were presented in a way that seemed to suggest they were making a legitimate correlation, or at least trying to. Now it feels as though they're just hoping it sticks in some vague way.
    Very fair point, but personally I like that. South Park's early days were utterly mad and all over the place, and that first year of it is some of my very favourite television. It's not like they've given up on making points, observations and sense.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed it. I've always loved the SP Goth kids. The EAP was hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Man, I liked that Black Twilight fan. He's hilarious.
    He made me spill my drink.

I really liked this episode, haven't laughed so hard in a while.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    and here we go, an episode about Miley a week after everyone stopped caring about Miley.... but of course, there's a side note about health care. Fuckin blah

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I thought this week's episode was an improvement from the Goth one. I enjoyed the Obamacare stuff especially the Sebelius lookalike. I hope we see more of that Canadian Health Minister in the future.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I thought it was alrite but very messy though I did like the stuff w/ Ike as he dared Kyle to kick him.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Yeah, Taming Strange seemed sort of okay to me too. The Intelillink jokes were kind of like the cable company jokes, but in a slightly different way. I liked how the final upgrade was theme trashing all the Intellink programs and monitors, followed up by the Intellilink employee committing suicide. It was also nice to see an Ike/Canadian episode again.

Oh yes, and from what one of the commercials has announced, South Park has gotten back into the swing of updating their Twitter frequently again. (For obvious reasons, considering how season 17 has been on.)

https://twitter.com/SouthPark

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I liked it. I didn't care for the politics of the episode, which basically implied that the ACA is DOA and be repealed, but whatever, it was still funny and I liked seeing Ike as a (premature) teenager.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I've been reading a lot of comments at the AV Club and I have to agree w/ some of the readers that this season is definitely their worst. I don't know how much longer it can go on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love the canadian episodes. This one was great. First hit of this season for me.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ive been enjoying this season so far. This and the last one were a big upswing from the quality of the previous 4 or 5 seasons which were mostly unwatchable.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I'm glad I didn't give up on them. Finally, an amazing episode.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tonights was ok. I was little let down that Kyle didn't take some sort of revenge at the very end. I nice punch in the face or something, instead of just getting hit by fart sundae.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    hahahaha what an episode!

I totally marked out when the Van Halen logo appeared!!!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Damn it, I keep missing the shows. I think it's because I've been spoiled by South Park Studios. Oh well, thank goodness for more positive reception this time around.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Van Halen was the only thing about the episode I liked as I'm listening to their debut album right now. Other than that, it was terrible and I was really disappointed that Kyle didn't beat the shit out of Cartman or anything. I'm really being let down by this season.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I suppose you can file this under controversial South Park opinions, but as of late, I'm starting to really like it when Cartman and Kyle actually get along. But for very obvious reasons, that only seems to happen when Cartman gets something out of it, or if all of them are in an equal amount of trouble, otherwise, he wouldn't care to be helpful at all.

That thought just occurred to me, and yes, I also would've loved to see that too. If it isn't Kyle, Token has also kicked his ass. (I'm just glad that they didn't actually kill Token off.)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    "Kyle, why do you like Cartman's farts in your tummy?"

"Because they're so yummy."

"Mmmmmmmmmmm... kay.'

Last edited by Ryan; 11-08-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The thing I don't like about recent South Park is that they've gone in the direction of having only one or two jokes and then just beating the hell out of them. The old South park used to have real stories that developed and had multiple funny situations along the way. Now they come up with a dead horse or two and continue to kick it until the 30 minutes is up.

Hell, they even made fun of this in the "Jared has Aides" episode.

The new episodes have some good moments. I loved the religious symbols turning into a Van Halen Logo. But they're few and far between these days and it seems like most of the show is filler.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I think what helped me is to not raise my expectations so high after realizing how much they procrastinate, and how long they haven't been working on South Park from November 7, 2012 - September 25, 2013. And after 16 years, they'd have to be extremely burnt out on the show, considering all the other endeavors they've pursued and endured. The Book of Mormon was probably like Team America: World Police all over again, but in a different way. It's probably why any sign of them being rusty hasn't been that much of a shock to me, but I definitely understand why it would still be a bummer.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-08-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    How many years do they have left in their contract? I don't know if I can deal w/ more lackluster to poor episodes as I'm not really enjoying myself watching the show.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double post but... FINALLY... an episode that is fucking good and quite funny and I hope there's a sequel to this episode. BTW, being a non-gamer. Why is it such a big deal about this war between X-Box and Playstation?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: South Park

Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Sorry for the double post but... FINALLY... an episode that is fucking good and quite funny and I hope there's a sequel to this episode. BTW, being a non-gamer. Why is it such a big deal about this war between X-Box and Playstation?
    It just is... Thankfully, I don't really know too many fanboys like that. And I got a kick out them basing it around black friday. Worst day ever!