Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep It Together

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really growing on me. Definitely a trip-hop element in there, perhaps even a bleak, Joy Division type feel to it.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Loving it. Very brooding in a sinister way. Haters suck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I adore it so much that I think listening to it full blast with headphones just gave me the final push into the world of tinnitus. Get a real weird buzzing noise in my left ear once I take the headphones out that lasts about 3 - 5 minutes every time I listen to it full blast. Ah well, it was inevitable really. Totally worth it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am not good with instruments, but the bassish sounding riff in this track sounds a lot like the guitar (I think?) riff from Head Down.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Really enjoying the vibe to this. Some elements of it do remind me a lot of The Fragile, regardless.. It's a nice slice of something new.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Surprised that hotline is not updated... :P

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    There are only so many hours in the day, and only so many people who log in and update :b Soon!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    There are only so many hours in the day, and only so many people who log in and update :b Soon!
    Aww! <3

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    What is this, the HTDAHotline?!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    What is this, the HTDAHotline?!
    Yes... Yes, it is!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    ...no real melody just out of sync and messy sounding.....

Some of Q's vocals even sound out of place in spots over this beat, it doesn't flow well...
    Almost like they can't... keep it together...

athankyou

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had to give it a few listens before commenting. At first I was very skeptical about the new sound, but it has really grown on me. It is not a straightforward song, but it is very mysterious, dark, and eerie in a way that is not pretentious. I love the downtempo approach to it, and a put a good pair of headphones on my head and heard the microbeats, subtleties, and oddly placed textures in the music. It is not accessible by any means, which is something I thought we would get. I really admire the new approach and can't wait to see what they have planned, in terms of aesthetics for the music.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I bought the song on Amazon, but I still downloaded the Soundcloud file because it's better quality. Win-win.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I bought the song on Amazon, but I still downloaded the Soundcloud file because it's better quality. Win-win.
    Same here. We're obviously the cool kids on this forum.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Is there a definitive stylization of the track? The YouTube video lists it is Keep it together_ which fits in line with the new band name and EP, but the Soundcloud/Amazon links don't include the underscore. I really hate things like this. Just give me something consistent.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    not listening till the full EP is out

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I like listening to the composite parts/instruments, but it just doesn't stick together for me.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Nice track, looking forward to hearing it in context with the EP.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If that's the single, not sure what to expect from the deep cuts...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I like listening to the composite parts/instruments, but it just doesn't stick together for me.
    So you're trying to say that they couldn't keep it together?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Is there a definitive stylization of the track? The YouTube video lists it is Keep it together_ which fits in line with the new band name and EP, but the Soundcloud/Amazon links don't include the underscore. I really hate things like this. Just give me something consistent.
    The ID3 tags of both the Soundcloud version and the iTunes version don't use the underscore for the track. However, the iTunes version has the song as "Keep It Together", while everybody else uses "Keep it together" so it doesn't seem like there's consistently to anything. Also, the iTunes version doesn't have the underscore after the band name. Blame Columbia Records.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the music of the song, but not the vocals. Also, it just kinda feels like the song goes nowhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    not listening till the full EP is out
    What a champ. You possess the self restraint that most Trent fans severally lack.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I wish every release Trent and company released came with a instrumental disc also. I just can't take the lyrics. " I feel the skin that seperates us start to fade and when I lie on top of you I'm afraid."

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Regarding _ symbol:
    sometimes it replaces "forbidden" symbols in filenames (such as ? / \ : < > etc.)
    So if somebody wrote How to destroy angels? then the question mark could've turned into _

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "the skin that separates us"

Does this have to do with skin colour & race?

Or

Does this have to do with being released from from your body; becoming concious & even physical on a different level or in some other plane?

"There is a voice inside of me"

Is this mediumship? There is a track called "Speaking in tounges"... related?

Why doesn't the person telling the story want to hear the message? Well she does I'm guessing, but she doesn't want to hear what it has to say... Danger? Too difficult to handle the message?

Does this video have more going on than simply showing off a reel to reel?
    Last edited by snaapz; 10-09-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It's just not that good...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm enjoying the track. Nothing groundbreaking, but I expect it to fit in better when surrounded by the EP and LP. Nice to have to new music either way.

Also, I feel the reason the download link is available is because A) HTDA can control the quality of the 'release' and foreboding file sharing ; B) they are smart enough (and hopefully kind enough) to know that it's inappropriate to ask for their listeners to shell out three times for the same song (single, EP, LP); and C) Trent's projects have a tendency to surface this way, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Lastly, I'm having fun with the criticism because it sounds like the same critique we have heard of Trent for the past 10 years. E.g., "This track doesn't climax", "The lyrics are horrid", "Not what I expected, therefore, it's trbl". To each their own and if you don't dig it, that's cool; but it's still funny to hear the same critique of every Trent release in the past decade (not to mention people forming concrete opinions within 24 hours of a release).
    Last edited by Canuckle; 10-09-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Couple errors on my part

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    What a champ. You possess the self restraint that most Trent fans severally lack.
    I just didn't like HTDA EP as much as recent NIN works and even TR/AR soundtracks, hence no urge to listen to the song immediately. This wouldn't be the case if it was new NIN song.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
    I'm surprised more people haven't seen music videos like that. Either debut stuff or people filming a vinyl playing.

One of my favourite examples: HD, so the audio is good, with the music video in a PIP, probably at around the resolution it was broadcast in anyway.

Also, this is the first HTDA track with forefront vocals from Trent, isn't it? Sign of the future?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Song is growing on me. Certainly not my favorite track from them, but I like it.

Video was watched once, and will remain that way. Not complaining - just nothing I have any desire to revisit.