Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Keep It Together

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damion View Post
    I don't post much and I love HTDA as well as the video and song of keep it together, but WTF is with this crappy house-esqe dance remix. Corny bass line and the vocals just appear to be thrown in where ever.

Someone please tell me that the CEO of Columbia's kid pulled a favor to get this remix released. Its crap.

I remember when remixes broke new ground and were interesting, now they're just dumbed down and annoying

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!
    Last I checked, there have always been shitty and forgettable remixes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    pretty sure that's what Atticus is doing. rob is definitely playing the ondes martenot.
    Behold, the Analogue Systems French Connection:

http://www.analoguesystems.co.uk/Rev...ion_review.htm

Basically the French Connection is a recreation of the Martenot controller. I believe the Johnny Greenwood had something to do with the creation of this controller, as he (rightfully so) did not want to take his Ondes Martenot on tour, preferring to leave it safe and at home or in the studio.

It appeared to me that it was most certainly Rob playing the French Connection/Martenot, not Atticus, and furthermore it appeared me that it was a French Connection that was used as a controller for what looked like a Serge Modular system right in front of it. The bass-line sound that Rob was making with the unit sure as shit don't sound like anything I've ever heard an Ondes Martinet make, and at the same time very much sounded like what I've come to find is very much the type of tone that Serge systems create.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Agreed, the PHM era had lots of unlistenable HLAH/Sin/Down in It remixes. And yeah, that seven minute Factory Floor remix was so bad, I stopped listening halfway through and just skimmed through for any interesting parts. None.

The music video helped me appreciate the song more. It still feels a little bit underwhelming to me, but it was interesting to see more of their production process; at one point I was like, "wait, that 'baoo baoo baoo' sound was made by a GUITAR this whole time? Whoa!". Nice to see that Rob provides musical contributions, too. I had forgotten about the THTF music video and how it has the same concept as this one. But that's actually a good thing, since you can see the contrast between the NIN live rehearsals and the HTDA sound noodling. I bet Tamar gave a hand in shooting this, too.

Also, THTF had this "shot on Quicktime"-ish look, compressed and zoomed in on purpose, while the WT band photos were crisp and clear (with Rob's occasional "visual glitches"). On the other hand, Keep it Together is shot in excellent HD video and the band photos have this video effect all over them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think this remix is crazy awesome actually, and i'm on my fourth listen of it right now.
    but i also liked the me im not remix from YZR so maybe i just have crappy taste

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Saw the message from Trent saying pre order tomorrow - I'm guessing should be within a few hours then? I'm hoping flac files will be available plus some normal mp3 ones for my ipod. I'm wondering now how being on a label will affect what is available for purchase, although everything that has happened so far would have happened just the same if they hadn't been on a label - perhaps the label will be more involved for the full LP release and the EP is just testing the waters?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Saw the message from Trent saying pre order tomorrow - I'm guessing should be within a few hours then? I'm hoping flac files will be available plus some normal mp3 ones for my ipod. I'm wondering now how being on a label will affect what is available for purchase, although everything that has happened so far would have happened just the same if they hadn't been on a label - perhaps the label will be more involved for the full LP release and the EP is just testing the waters?
    what message?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^
    just a message on facebook, someone mentioned it in this thread and thought it had been deleted, but I saw it a few minutes ago (he said 'i think' himself) was posted 21 hours ago
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-02-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This just showed up on my Twitter feed via BuzzFeed and ... gotta admit ... the video translates this song a lot better via my new iPad Mini. Video definitely improves the vibe and I guess I "get" it, now, whereas I totally did not, before.

http://bzfd.it/SEWOHM
    Last edited by allegro; 11-02-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I would like to point out that I totally fucking called it https://twitter.com/destroyangels/st...40672512634881

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I would like to point out that I totally fucking called it https://twitter.com/destroyangels/st...40672512634881
    Welp, hope they change their mind for the LP.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Welp, hope they change their mind for the LP.
    They're saying the shipping cost is so high because there are two records in the package instead of one. (Read their next tweet: "We wanted it to be a pleasant surprise, but were caught off guard by the resulting higher shipping costs, so we’re letting you know")

But Topspin shipping costs are always very high to begin with. Clearly the band is doing something this time, at least, to make ordering directly worth it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    maybe i'm late... but was this video posted...

can't seem to find it

i mean, i see you guys talking about it... but didn't actually see the link posted
    maybe i overlooked it, apologize in advance
    Last edited by neorev; 11-03-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ZOMG Trent has a neck again.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Now that the Vimeo video is downloadable and i ripped the audio to flac, what should i call this version? Video Mix, Studio Version, Pretend Live Mix?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Now that the Vimeo video is downloadable and i ripped the audio to flac, what should i call this version? Video Mix, Studio Version, Pretend Live Mix?
    I called mine "Keep It Together (Video Version)". V followed by V just sounds nice.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    @rob_sheridan
    Impressed that someone on Vimeo noticed that our @destroyangels video for "Keep it together" is an homage to New Order's "Perfect Kiss" vid.

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...84917736120322

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Dumb question, but what program did you use to rip the audio from the video?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    is the audio actually different?

edit - oh der of course it is.
    Last edited by butter_hole; 11-16-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    Dumb question, but what program did you use to rip the audio from the video?
    I downloaded the .Mov file version of the video and converted it to FLAC with Format Factory.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    ^ the problem being that it's a lossy-encoded AAC, so the FLAC is just preserving all the quality chops of the original encode.

usually someone around here extracts the direct stream, which is always the best option. re-encodes always degrade.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    found a promo online for Keep It Together with two remixes...

1. Keep It Together (Factory Floor remix) (7:20)
    2. Keep It Together (Dave Sitek remix) (4:36)

anyone see this?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    found a promo online for Keep It Together with two remixes...

1. Keep It Together (Factory Floor remix) (7:20)
    2. Keep It Together (Dave Sitek remix) (4:36)

anyone see this?
    that's the promo 12" that came with the orders of "An Omen_" directly from the band.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^oh sweet, thanks!^^
    gonna check it out now

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'd like to add, if you want those remixes without buying the vinyl for a billion dollars or whatever it's eBaying at atm, they're both on soundcloud for free.