Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: The Smiths/Morrissey

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    All I think of after watching that video is that nothing's changed for me. It's just an opinion...some people can disassociate, some can't...neither side has the high ground in terms of saying the other is wrong.
    Are you referring to Morrissey's opinion or the opinions of the people on whether to "cancel" him or not?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Are you referring to Morrissey's opinion or the opinions of the people on whether to "cancel" him or not?
    The latter!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If you hadn’t heard it when vinyl rips came out a month or two ago:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tonight’s set list:

How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / Satan Rejected My Soul / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / Some Say I Got Devil / Suedehead // Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Tonight’s set list:

How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / Satan Rejected My Soul / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / Some Say I Got Devil / Suedehead // Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die
    Saw him in NY on Saturday. His voice sounded as good as ever, and first You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side since '07! But man did the middle section of the set drag. I don't mind him playing his new stuff, but at least break it up a bit. Wedding Bell Blues > Lady Willpower > I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris > If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me > Munich Air Disaster 1958 brought the whole vibe to a halt. Brought it all back for the next three though (Seasick, Yet Still Docked > Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself > That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore). Overall a good time, and it was nice getting to be up close in GA again after the Broadway run.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Saw him in NY on Saturday. His voice sounded as good as ever, and first You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side since '07! But man did the middle section of the set drag. I don't mind him playing his new stuff, but at least break it up a bit. Wedding Bell Blues > Lady Willpower > I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris > If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me > Munich Air Disaster 1958 brought the whole vibe to a halt. Brought it all back for the next three though (Seasick, Yet Still Docked > Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself > That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore). Overall a good time, and it was nice getting to be up close in GA again after the Broadway run.
    It was a relief that he dropped “Meat Is Murder” all the time for his vegan agenda, but then just replaced it with “If You Don’t Like Me...” to address his critics.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    It was a relief that he dropped “Meat Is Murder” all the time for his vegan agenda, but then just replaced it with “If You Don’t Like Me...” to address his critics.
    I'll take Meat Is Murder over The Bullfighter Dies though. Same gruesome imagery, but MiM is a far superior song.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I Am Hated For Loving (first time since 2000) and Break Up The Family played tonight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2S6Ex1gh_x/
    Last edited by Erneuert; 09-12-2019 at 03:32 AM.