Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 476

Thread: The Smiths/Morrissey

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,526
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    It was a relief that he dropped “Meat Is Murder” all the time for his vegan agenda, but then just replaced it with “If You Don’t Like Me...” to address his critics.
    I'll take Meat Is Murder over The Bullfighter Dies though. Same gruesome imagery, but MiM is a far superior song.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I Am Hated For Loving (first time since 2000) and Break Up The Family played tonight.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2S6Ex1gh_x/
    Last edited by Erneuert; 09-12-2019 at 03:32 AM.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,618
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Holy shit, Morrissey was selling signed records of uhh...other artists for $300 at his shows?

    The balls on someone to autograph a Bowie LP and try to shill it for three bills is bonkers.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,917
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Holy shit, Morrissey was selling signed records of uhh...other artists for $300 at his shows?

    The balls on someone to autograph a Bowie LP and try to shill it for three bills is bonkers.
    Yeah i saw this doing the rounds (as well as his "fuck the guardian" shirt...which just came across as a but pathetic) fair enough doing your own records, but trying to charge 300 for other artists records you've signed...that's bold...or desperate...

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    925
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I also read just now that some of his OWN signed records are worth less than the unsigned ones. LOLLLLLL

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,618
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    New album in March 2020 ​I Am Not A Dog On A Chain

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    347
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Nice quick turnaround for this one! Fair play to Morrissey.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,526
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    New album in March 2020 ​I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
    Best part about this article is the reissues announcement. Been dying to get Quarry and Ringleader on vinyl.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    “I Am Not A Dog On A Chain” - 2020

    Jim Jim Falls
    Love Is On Its Way Out
    Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
    I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
    What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
    Knockabout World
    Darling, I Hug A Pillow
    Once I Saw The River Clean
    The Truth About Ruth
    The Secret Of Music
    My Hurling Days Are Done

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    “I Am Not A Dog On A Chain” - 2020

    Jim Jim Falls
    Love Is On Its Way Out
    Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
    I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
    What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
    Knockabout World
    Darling, I Hug A Pillow
    Once I Saw The River Clean
    The Truth About Ruth
    The Secret Of Music
    My Hurling Days Are Done
    Someone made this album cover in response to the album title:

    https://pasteboard.co/IISqMEI.jpg

    HAHAHAHAHAHA

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    “I Want A Boy For My Birthday” by The Smiths finally released:

    https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...6-2019.145320/

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    lol at album cover. Good song though.


  13. #433
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,526
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This is pretty cool. Very different from the kind of stuff he's been doing the last few years.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Just a random lol moment, but do you guys here realise now berated Morrissey now is on his biggest fan site?

    Check out this recent post about his cat passing away, for example. Read the comments - https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-today.145490/

    He’s always had his critics but the vultures are really out to get him since his outspoken remarks. You can’t say he hasn’t brought it on himself.

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Just a random lol moment, but do you guys here realise now berated Morrissey now is on his biggest fan site?

    Check out this recent post about his cat passing away, for example. Read the comments - https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...-today.145490/

    He’s always had his critics but the vultures are really out to get him since his outspoken remarks. You can’t say he hasn’t brought it on himself.
    Kobe hasn’t been dead for 24 hours and Morrissey has managed to make himself look like an idiot about the incident - https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...6-2020.145544/

  16. #436
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

  17. #437
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,526
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)


    This may be the single greatest festival lineup I've seen in my lifetime. There are at least 11 names here that I would pay good money to see on their own. Why the fuck does it have to be on the complete opposite side of the country??

  18. #438
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,618
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Saw this tweeted out from DM, Cold Cave, etc. A completely bonkers lineup. That gets tossed around for any festival nowadays, but that's my thoughts entirely.

    Bauhaus. Devo? PIL. Numan. She Wants Revenge. TR/ST. Cold Cave, Drab Majesty....Christian Death? jlkwjflksjflkjwlekfjklwjeflkwjelfkjwlkefjklejf

  19. #439
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,700
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Saw this tweeted out from DM, Cold Cave, etc. A completely bonkers lineup. That gets tossed around for any festival nowadays, but that's my thoughts entirely.

    Bauhaus. Devo? PIL. Numan. She Wants Revenge. TR/ST. Cold Cave, Drab Majesty....Christian Death? jlkwjflksjflkjwlekfjklwjeflkwjelfkjwlkefjklejf
    i hadn't scrolled down enough to see past the gary numan / marc almond line and i absolutely thought this was for a festival lineup from the late 80s

  20. #440
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

  21. #441
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,526
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Best one yet. Real nice stuff that sounds like something he could've released 10 years ago.

  22. #442
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,526
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)


    Gonna shoot for Hammerstein tix

  23. #443
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Pretty amazing set in Leeds:

    You'll Be Gone (Elvis Presley cover)
    I Wish You Lonely
    The Boy With the Thorn in His Side (The Smiths song) (First time live since 2013)
    Jim Jim Falls (Live Debut)
    At Amber (First time live since 2002; second time ever played live)
    Morning Starship (Jobriath cover)
    Lady Willpower (Gary Puckett & the Union Gap cover)
    That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore (The Smiths song)
    Once I Saw the River Clean (Live Debut)
    If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me
    Munich Air Disaster 1958
    World Peace Is None of Your Business
    Seasick, Yet Still Docked
    I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
    Home Is a Question Mark
    Love Is on Its Way Out (Live Debut)
    Back on the Chain Gang (The Pretenders cover)
    Never Again Will I Be a Twin
    I've Changed My Plea to Guilty
    Some Say (I Got Devil) (Melanie cover)
    Jack the Ripper
    Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage


    Encore:
    Half a Person
    (The Smiths song) (First time live since 2000)
    Irish Blood, English Heart



    Last edited by Erneuert; 03-09-2020 at 04:52 AM.

  24. #444
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,526
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    @Erneuert From what I've heard so far, I think this album is shaping up to be his best since Ringleader. Once I Saw The River Clean sounded exceptionally great. Can't wait to hear the full thing. Apparently a bunch of people have it already, so I keep checking for a leak, but nothing yet.

  25. #445
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Drip drip, new album leaked.

    Also, he just played in London tonight and opened with The Smiths song London.

  26. #446
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,526
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    You and I are the only ones on this board who care, but I listened to it 3 times yesterday and really love it. Easily his best since Ringleader. Early favorites are Once I Saw The River Clean, What Kind of People Live In These Houses, and Knockabout World. Least favorite is The Truth About Ruth.

    What are your thoughts?

  27. #447
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,339
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    you guys inspired me to listen to a bunch of his bigger songs the other night. I never got into him. I liked what i listened to, but it's hard to get into him now considering his politics.

  28. #448
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    347
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Good to see the new album received well, as well as the tour - my colleague went to see him last Friday in Leeds and had an absolute blast.

  29. #449
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    you guys inspired me to listen to a bunch of his bigger songs the other night. I never got into him. I liked what i listened to, but it's hard to get into him now considering his politics.
    Give this one a try.


  30. #450
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    2,526
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    you guys inspired me to listen to a bunch of his bigger songs the other night. I never got into him. I liked what i listened to, but it's hard to get into him now considering his politics.
    Have you listened to The Smiths? I recommend giving any of their albums a listen first, all 4 (plus 3 compilation albums) are fantastic.

Posting Permissions