Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Fragile-Era Single Radio Rips?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Fragile-Era Single Radio Rips?

I know I posted about this once before but it was...years and years ago, and I got no response. So I'm asking again in the off chance that this time I'm more successful.

I have very strong, nostalgic memories of the year 1999, and I particularly remember how insanely excited I was about the forthcoming release of The Fragile. I grabbed up every little thing I could off the internet at the time, including radio rips of the singles that were being passed around by fans. These radio rips weren't great quality, and at least one of them had DJs talking over the music at the start or end (or both) of the song(s). And I listened to them repeatedly. But, once I actually got the album, I deleted the mp3s, and I've been regretting that for...more than twenty years now, because they're a big part of the nostalgia for that time in my life.

Is there anyone who's such a digital hoarder that they might still have a copies of these files? I'm talking TDTWWA, Starfuckers, and the radio edit of WITT.

Also, side question: one file that I kept is the little snippet of NIN's cover of "metal" that's all staticky, which according to the timestamp on the file, I downloaded from somewhere months before TF came out, and probably almost two years before it was officially released. I'm curious if anyone knows the source of the leak for that snippet of the song?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slopesandsam View Post
    Also, side question: one file that I kept is the little snippet of NIN's cover of "metal" that's all staticky, which according to the timestamp on the file, I downloaded from somewhere months before TF came out, and probably almost two years before it was officially released. I'm curious if anyone knows the source of the leak for that snippet of the song?
    I can't help you with the radio rips but Metal was being discussed in the Spotting thread last month though I'm not sure if they got to the bottom of the sourcing. Start here:

Quote Originally Posted by orson thrust View Post
    Is this the first time we are hearing that "Metal" was the first complete song from the Fragile sessions?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    do you mean like CD rips of the singles/promos? i have the WITT radio edit CD rip and the Starsuckers CD rip in apple lossless format, if you want them.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    You could try searching nindestruct: https://www.nindestruct.com

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    If only BearShare and LimeWire was still around with hits like "Fuck Me Like an Animal" by Marilin Manson or "It's your Birthday" by 50cent or (my fav) "eVeRyThInG_yOu_sAy_tO_mE" by Lincoln Park and the rest of all the missed labeled mp3s.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    do you mean like CD rips of the singles/promos? i have the WITT radio edit CD rip and the Starsuckers CD rip in apple lossless format, if you want them.
    I think they're asking for the specific rips from the radio that were circulating as MP3's at the time that had radio DJ's talking over the songs, before the album was released.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    mmmmmmaybe. I'll go digging. I had a clip of a DJ saying something to the effect of "The next one goes out to, it's pound sign, n.i.n. ninetynine" and I think it led into TDTWWA.

I'm pretty sure I scrapped the Starfuckers rip that had the radio callsigns (WFNX! WWWWWWWWWFNX!) randomly interjected over the audio. That drove me nuts.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Is there anyone who's such a digital hoarder that they might still have a copies of these files? I'm talking TDTWWA, Starfuckers, and the radio edit of WITT.
    You know, you could have just called me by my name. Hahaha. FNX World Wide Request - The Day The World Went Away

Those basically came straight from Nothing Studios. Rob and Trent were hanging out in IRC and on their Duane Fogg message board. Here's a time capsule for ya.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I want to be referred to as a " Ninternetizens" again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I think they're asking for the specific rips from the radio that were circulating as MP3's at the time that had radio DJ's talking over the songs, before the album was released.
    Yeah. Purely nostalgia hunting on my part. I have such vivid memories of listening to those rips and just about bouncing off the walls in excitement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Huge fan of this as a concept - enjoying that TDTWWA rip.