Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Type O Negative

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Fuck yeah! TF and WCD were released on the same day, right? And on Stephen King’s birthday.

I actually think I'd have gotten into Type O waaay sooner had it not been for TF coming out. At that point I knew them from the Mortal Kombat and Private parts soundtracks, but 1996-roughly 2001 was straight up NIN, Manson, KMFDM and Pumpkins on constant rotation for me.

A friend of mine gave me a burned World Coming Down CD-R shortly after release because he was apeshit over them, but it wasn't until maybe 2004 or so I started giving it serious listens, and not until maybe 2007 when I made the whole plunge into the discography. Like SP, I appreciate them way more now than I did during the heyday, sadly.

Just scored myself a copy of Symphony For The Devil off Ebay after meaning to for years.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Also it pays to scroll through the Facebook Type O page: TON account sez:

"oct rust vinyl is one of 3 releases in 2021"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Just scored myself a copy of Symphony For The Devil off Ebay after meaning to for years.
    The commentary track on that is worth the price of admission all by itself. The Santana Medley is awesome, too.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This had me crying, and I'm sure Pete would have had a laugh as well, if he wasn't fucking dead.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    This slipped under the radar a bit, official video for So True by Silvertomb:

Frontman/guitarist Kenny Hickey commented: “This song was written in desperation and from the gut at a time when I was at one of the lowest points in my alcohol abuse. It's a basic purging of every trauma, insecurity, and anxiety that led up to that point in my life.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hello friends, I need some advice. I remember listening to Bloody Kisses and October Rust way back in the day when they came out but I never kept up with the band. Streamed them both last night and absolutely loved them.

I'm looking to purchase the discography and want to get the most bang for my buck. I see there's a Roadrunner collection on iTunes that has everything but Dead Again, which doesn't appear to be on iTunes at all. Should I just buy that and then find Dead Again elsewhere? It looks like the Roadrunner thing doesn't have any remastered versions or bonus tracks. Just looking to be pointed in the right direction so I can inject as much of this band as possible directly into my veins.

Edit: Dug into it some more and answered my own question I guess, not gonna do the Roadrunner collection. Just gotta find Dead Again somewhere.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 04-02-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Edit: Dug into it some more and answered my own question I guess, not gonna do the Roadrunner collection. Just gotta find Dead Again somewhere.
    DA will likely be re-released this year sometime. They're working on a reissue. No need to go digging.