Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Type O Negative

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    likin' Right of Passage
    I’ve been blasting it a lot too and really dig it, despite the main lyric being “suicide” throughout.

The last track, Waiting, is also available on iTunes/Apple Music now if you’ve preordered. I really dig that one too.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-30-2019 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    @bobbie solo @ManBurning

Created the wiki pages since there was nothing up for either of them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvertomb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_Of_Existence

Last edited by Erneuert; 10-31-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    @bobbie solo @ManBurning

Created the wiki pages since there was nothing up for either of them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvertomb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_Of_Existence

Not bad. Not bad at all.

These guys and A Pale horse should do a co-headlining tour, lol.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Not bad. Not bad at all.

These guys and A Pale horse should do a co-headlining tour, lol.
    Abso-fuckin’-lutely! Hell, let them both open for Danzig since Johnny drums for all three bands, haha.

Edge Of Existence came out today. I have to say, Kenny really looked at the flaws he had with the Seventh Void record and has released a really excellent album. His vocals definitely have more range now, and nothing sounds overly samey like with Heaven Is Gone (save for Last Walk In The Light, I adore that song).

So True / Not Your Saviour / One Of You are excellent.

”I refuse to believe it’s the end of the line” from Eulogy / Requiem... probably aimed towards Peter’s passing?

Sleeping On Nails And Wine is like a lullaby campfire song lol.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-31-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So

One thing with music and myself is that I never go off and dismiss it. When people listen to stuff, If it connects right away , great. If not, I won’t force it upon myself and let it find me one day.

Type O is that band the last two months. Terrific band and wish this stuff hit me a lot sooner. Also led me to carnivore and will check out Kenny’s solo stuff.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    So

One thing with music and myself is that I never go off and dismiss it. When people listen to stuff, If it connects right away , great. If not, I won’t force it upon myself and let it find me one day.

Type O is that band the last two months. Terrific band and wish this stuff hit me a lot sooner. Also led me to carnivore and will check out Kenny’s solo stuff.
    Great to hear. Also check out Sal’s stuff (original TON drummer) from A Pale Horse Named Death. They have three albums out now and sound like a mix between Type O and Alice In Chains: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...se-Named-Death

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    http://www.metal-temple.com/site/cat...mb-s-kenny.htm

Another tune, short but sweet, yet no less intriguing, is “Sleeping On Nails And Wine”, which is no less than an Indie Rock type song. Can’t really say that it was a surprise, as with this album it is expect the unexpected. What there is to it with this song? What did it try to reflect?

This is the one song that is directly about Peter. I wanted to capture some part of him-he was too complex a person to capture I any 3-minute song so I just tried to define some of the things he seemed to do over and over again-especially when it came to women and wine. Peter was brilliant but he also tortured himself, hence “sleeping on nails” and then he would attempt to kill the pain with wine.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Wow, just noticed this for the first time at the 00:02 second mark -

“Kenny Hickey, please report to customs.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    World Coming Down just released on vinyl, 2LP mixed green & black w/poster. Limited to 7500 worldwide. https://shop.runoutgroovevinyl.com/world-coming-down.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graz View Post
    World Coming Down just released on vinyl, 2LP mixed green & black w/poster. Limited to 7500 worldwide. https://shop.runoutgroovevinyl.com/world-coming-down.html
    I got the email from runoutgroove and it was like "Type O Negative Vinyl release!" and I got all excited thinking it was October Rust and then...nope.... haha. Still ordered it though. Looks great.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    I got the email from runoutgroove and it was like "Type O Negative Vinyl release!" and I got all excited thinking it was October Rust and then...nope.... haha. Still ordered it though. Looks great.
    A fun tidbit from a recent interview about the artwork from that album - all the guys actually had their brains X-Rayed for those skull images further inside the booklet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ordered a copy of World Coming Down as well. Not my favorite TON album, but a nostalgic one, it was released the same day as The Fragile and I bought both albums on the same day.

Keeping my fingers crossed for October Rust for Record Store Day this year.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Another one:

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Does anyone know of a better recording of September Sun live (video or audio) that’s better than this?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    @ManBurning @bobbie solo @Jon @Prettybrokenspiral @dlb @Space Suicide @richardp @NotoriousTIMP

What do you guys think of this cover band? They don’t have many views and I actually really think they knock these songs off amazingly well. I’m posting them in the order I viewed them. Just watched Christian Woman and LYTD today. Watched Anesthesia a month or two ago.

I’m particularly impressed by the lyrical accuracy and Peter’s little nuances incorporated throughout, while not coming across as cheesy or arrogant (IMO). Their band cover name is World Coming Down. Definitely deserve more recognition, or, at least, views:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It's no where near as as deep and soothing as Peter's voice but they're talented and as passable as a cover band allows you to be. I am not a super big fan of cover bands because it lacks originality because nothing is new, fresh and its all an homage or appearance of an established act.

Musically it was pretty spot on. I'd rather just have Type O Negative be a thing. As always, it's a shame Peter is gone. I wonder what the 2010's decade would've brought for TON music.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Yeah, same. I just really like how well this guy articulates the lyrics and nothing sounds forced or pretentious.

Still really keen to find good/better live footage or audio of September Sun done live. Surely someone has something? Somewhere?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I mean it's not bad. Type O is uncoverable in my mind though. Literally only those dudes can pull it off. Partly why there has literally not been a band like them since Pete died I think.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    It's pretty good in my mind, for a cover band.
    If I had to choose between listening to a recording of these guys, or the actual TON versions, I'd pop on the actual versions any day of the week.

But, with that said... I'd buy a $10 ticket to see them live and have a few beers. Would be a cheap/fun show.
    Well... if live music ever comes back that is.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    It's pretty good in my mind, for a cover band.
    If I had to choose between listening to a recording of these guys, or the actual TON versions, I'd pop on the actual versions any day of the week.

But, with that said... I'd buy a $10 ticket to see them live and have a few beers. Would be a cheap/fun show.
    Well... if live music ever comes back that is.
    I’d join you and buy you beers. I think you’re a really cool dude if you didn’t know already.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    What do you guys think of this cover band? They don’t have many views and I actually really think they knock these songs off amazingly well. I’m posting them in the order I viewed them. Just watched Christian Woman and LYTD today. Watched Anesthesia a month or two ago.

I’m particularly impressed by the lyrical accuracy and Peter’s little nuances incorporated throughout, while not coming across as cheesy or arrogant (IMO). Their band cover name is World Coming Down. Definitely deserve more recognition, or, at least, views.
    "Anesthesia" is a top 10 for me, so that's a high bar... and, the cover is pretty good! As you pointed out, the vocal nuances seem tasteful and within the singer's range. The instrumentation is great, my only "complaint" being it needs more distortion... never enough distortion live.

I would like to see how the vocalist would handle something such as the beginning of "Nettie" or the deep chanting.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I think this band kicks ass personally. Faithful covers done lovingly. I don't know what kind of future or "success" something like this could hope to have in the current music and world landscape, but I have problem with this at all. I agree that they nail these tracks.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I think this band kicks ass personally. Faithful covers done lovingly. I don't know what kind of future or "success" something like this could hope to have in the current music and world landscape, but I have problem with this at all. I agree that they nail these tracks.
    I approve of this assessment.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Does anyone else kind of have this weird mental idea of LIKM as being the last TON album, despite Dead Again being the final album proper?

For me, I first started following the band when The Least Worst Of came out and was being promoted.

I think the mental notion of LIKM being the last comes down to several factors. The first being the album initially tentatively titled “The Dream Is Dead”. Then there is the final album title of “Life Is Killing Me”. Both titles of finality. Then came the album booklet imagery of the toe tags of each band member, and Pete hilariously writing “sorry to the person who will soon be covering my grave with dirt, I won’t take it personally,” or something to that effect. Then the live 2003 outfits in the green scrubs all the band members wore. Then the fake 2005 death hoax posted on TON.net symbolising the band getting away from Roadrunner Records.

IMO, “Anesthesia” should have been the final track on LIKM.

I actually have my own haunting story to share regarding it. The day before Peter actually passed away, the night before, the final song I listened to before going to bed was “Anesthesia” for no real reason at all. Right before going to sleep I recall turning the volume right up at the end to hear that piano coda clearly and the very faint “I don’t feel... anything... anything... anything. Anything.” I wake up the next morning and he literally doesn’t feel anything; I see Juliya’s tweet about his passing.

It was like my Elvis or Lennon dying that day. Very strange how I listened to that at that time.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any good Soundboard live recordings or anything? I can't believe the ToN estate hasn't come up with SOOOOMETHING to release as an official (real) live release.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Does anyone have any good Soundboard live recordings or anything? I can't believe the ToN estate hasn't come up with SOOOOMETHING to release as an official (real) live release.
    It seems like the best sounding shit was recorded in the 80s for Carnivore and the 90s, ironically enough.

In lieu of something like that officially existing, a lot of commenters say this is the best sound they’ve ever heard, and look at when the thing was recorded! I think the full show is available.

Edit; sorry, it is this video. The above is great too, though.

Last edited by Erneuert; 08-04-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    It seems like the best sounding shit was recorded in the 80s for Carnivore and the 90s, ironically enough.

In lieu of something like that officially existing, a lot of commenters say this is the best sound they’ve ever heard, and look at when the thing was recorded! I think the full show is available.
    The full audio is available under the bootleg names Even Snow Dies and Blood Melting Extremity.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The full audio is available under the bootleg names Even Snow Dies and Blood Melting Extremity.
    Ah, yeah, I remember seeing all those creative bootlegs and more browsing the web years ago. I remember “Slower, Deeper and Harder” and a bunch more.