Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Type O Negative

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    "any creature born with testicles is a born liar.. And I have four testicles.."
    .. I love his interviews, always with good humour.
    He really ruined his handsome face with that beard though, four testicles and all.

No kidding about the drinking on stage, sadly. I saw them one time where he was so whacked that all he could do was cling on to that mic stand.. made me sad watching him.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

30th Ann. Release of Slow, Deep, and Hard is up on RR!!

https://store.roadrunnerrecords.com/...-negative.html

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Don’t got the money but I know it’ll sell out.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    D2C Clear and Green Limited Edition seems to be limited to 2500 across Run Out Groove, Roadrunner, and the official Type O store. ($30)

Blood Red Marble was limited to 500, and it is already sold out. ($35)

I've been checking NesiMedia and other places, but so far I haven't come across any interesting variants not advertised.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I bought the green and black variant.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Part 1 of 4

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    TV broadcast version of Symphony For The Devil with the omitted “Back In The USSR” and “Day Tripper (Medley)” included:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I bought the green and black variant.
    Damn you, limited editions!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I grabbed the clear green, I was a few hours late during a busy work day to grab the red unfortunately! Oh well I'll just be glad to have it

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    @shade As much as I love you Germans, so much of Peter’s sarcasm was lost on this guy, lol.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I always forget how tall he was. Tall is still an understatement, he was a giant. No kidding about fucking women on a milk crate..

Anyways:

Plus, it's Rock am Ring. Lots of folks go there to get wasted without watching a single band for an entire weekend. So sadly, it's appropriate enough for the audience I'd say..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I met him once and trust me he was way taller than I. I'm 6'0.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    https://townsendmusic.store/product/...Lg5rF6zt6ZeQww

October Rust is up for pre-order!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Man they just have to do this to me!

25.00 for shipping? Fuck off. Hopefully the TON store gets this.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This is why I don't collect..
    I listen to music all digital these days anyways and let's face it, people don't unwrap these items and put them on a record player - they are for storing away. Display at best. I mean, these guys on discogs drive me insane. Is it mint? Is it really? I think I might see a 3 micrometer hairline fracture at the right upper corner of the sleeve! I need more pictures!

These kind of records were great when people still listened to them like they were supposed to. No skipping songs, no constant rewind or fast forward. Listen to a piece of art like you were supposed to, like intended. In underground metal they are heavily going back to shitty tapes which is also fun.
    Today it's all iTunes singles bullshit. Do people into mainstream music even buy a complete album, or just the 3 songs they heard on the radio?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Not everyone just stores and displays their vinyl. I have over a thousand records (and counting) and I listen to each and every one of them, or at least intend to as time permits. It's all about the multimedia aspect of it, for me: the physicality, poring over the artwork, having a substantial physical product for my money, paying strict attention to the music that is playing in the moment. I was doing all of this long before Trent's vinyl mission statement. That's why it's never bothered me..

While the record store aspect is pretty much dead and gone, I still love scouring the vinyl pre-order pages on Amazon, SRC Vinyl and others to see what's coming out, and hunting down original pressings of albums online, at record fairs, etc.

Anyway..I already have October Rust on vinyl by way of the None More Negative boxset Run Out Groove released a few years back. That was a glorious day. I remembering putting away at least two bottles of red wine while I played those albums in succession. No skipping songs, no tuning out, no bullshit. The way music is meant to be experienced..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I don't even know TR's vinyl statement. But I can assume where that headed.

But then you're doing it like supposed, that's what I meant - play it, no skipping etc. Check out cover and booklets, and just discover a record. I like it when I still notice new things like 10 years after I had that record in my hands for the first time.
    The internet has unfortunately ruined record stores. And hidden treasures in any thrift store, that's rare these days. Thanks to the WWW everyone knows what they have.
    I'm just sick of the discogs collector crowd wailing on everything.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    I don't even know TR's vinyl statement. But I can assume where that headed.
    https://store.nin.com/collections/music

The hilarious part was, I was already on board with his stance long before he posted it, so it was even funnier watching people lose their minds over it..

I'm just sick of the discogs collector crowd wailing on everything.
    lol you and me both. Every release is a new (but ultimately same) bitchfest over there. I remember when the Run Out Groove Bloody Kisses RSD vinyl came out in November 2019 and there was a huge fight in the comments about whether it sounded better than that abysmal Music On Vinyl BK that had appeared months earlier. Names were called. Penises were measured. Tempers were flared. Like, really? Who has the time..?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah, okay, I read the statement and am not surprised. Same here though, and I think for most underground music you don't need such a statement. Like said it's also funny how the tape market is exploding again. But those are too dirty, rough and primitive for two picky, obsessed detail-oriented sound engineers like AR/TR. They'll stick to vinyl

Vinyl trading has become a huge trend again. But I think most people don't really listen to those records, it's really just the collection thing. And Discogs has become epicenter for nerds, crybabies and also scammers.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Always cool to see the embryonic forms of songs. Burnt Flowers Fallen came out on October Rust but the general idea was there during the BK era with Sal. (After Dark outtake).

“Yeah I think she’s fallen out of love WITH MEEEEEE” part should have totally stayed in the OR version.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    OH, by the way,

We all know how awesome Sal’s solo project has been since 2010 (A Pale Horse Named Death; new album out in September). If you haven’t listened to his band you’re more than missing out. 3.7m views can’t be wrong:

Anyway, I digress. Kenny put out “Heaven Is Gone” with his own band Seventh Void in 2007, then he jumped ship and started another new band called Silvertomb (with Johnny on drums for both bands).

The second last song on the record, “Sleeping On Nails And Wine,” was written about Peter if anyone is interested/hasn’t heard it. In fact all of the album “Edge Of Existence” seems to reference Peter in one way or another:

The final track “Waiting” is also absolutely amazing.

Last edited by Erneuert; 06-30-2021 at 12:55 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    That opening live footage of Paranoid is amazing:

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    That really doesn’t look like Johnny on the left.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Last bump.

”Some Stupid Tomorrow” sounds amazing live here:

And I’m still bummed that this is the only footage we have of September Sun live. Kenny kills it during his parts:

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Sorry, I keep finding good stuff.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    @henryeatscereal @seasonsinthesky

Is this comment accurate or is he pulling it out of his ass? I don’t remember it?

Joseph Kennedyawesome job! one of my favorite tracks from Type O. There is a 12 minute version of it before it was cut for the album that I have lost which is incredible too. Great job thank you for sharing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Never heard of a 12 minute How Could She. What took the extra time? 200 more female pop culture characters?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Is this comment accurate or is he pulling it out of his ass? I don’t remember it?

Joseph Kennedyawesome job! one of my favorite tracks from Type O. There is a 12 minute version of it before it was cut for the album that I have lost which is incredible too. Great job thank you for sharing.
    The original leak contained bad mp3 headers. Not sure if it was intentional or not, as the files are not VBR:

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The original leak contained bad mp3 headers. Not sure if it was intentional or not, as the files are not VBR:

…I’m… speechless that you still have that. hahaha