Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Type O Negative

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Never heard of that before!
    I think Pete comments this on the liner notes of the digipack version of "Bloody Kisses", as soon i'm home i'll check and let you know...

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Ok, sorry for the delay @Ryan , last couple of days, i've been between my work and house but only to eat/sleep and work so i didn't had the time to check my "Bloody Kisses" booklet and post about "Summer Breeze", but here it is (I'll transcript the whole context of the question asked about the song...)

Q: Whose idea was it to cover "Summer Breeze"
    A: Hickey: It certainly wasn't me -i never liked the song.. But Peter grew up listening to that kind of soft rock -he got it from his sisters. I like ou version; I just don't like the original. It's elevator rock. It makes me feel like i'm sitting at the dentist, waiting to get a molar removed.
    Steele: Most bands like to take heavy songs and redo them as if they can do them better. I like to take light songs and turn them into something heavy. I'm not sure exactly how that one came abut, but i think at rehearsal about 4,000 years ago, I said to Kenny, "Play this fuckin' riff". Someone in the band had some pills, and we were chewing them up and swallowing them, so i started singing, "Some of these make me feel fine".
    So there it is, i always thought they might have recorded another version for the song with alternative lyrics (just like they did with their "Black Sabbath" cover) and that the other version had the "pills" lyrics, but "Summer Girl", never mentions the pills.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Maybe there is a demo version like that sitting in Josh's basement that will never see the light of day.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Weve got b sides from WCD but thats it right? Maybe one from LIKM. Too bad there isnt any more. I find it hard to believe that everything theyve ever recorded is released but i think i read Josh saying just that.

edit 1- Also, two songs that wouldve sounded perfect as TON covers....'the black widow" by alice cooper (specifically the the ending part, you can just imagine the gang vocals and pete's 'ooh's and ah's fitting perfectly), and 'suppers ready' by genesis.

edit 2- fav part of a TON song, the 'chorus' and outro of a dish best served coldly....the "how many times...part. Perfection.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 01-22-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I certainly hope they release some of their demos or/and B-sides, that's why i loved the digipack version of Bloody Kisses, the special edition of "Life is Killing Me", also has a great "bonus CD", maybe it's time to release a "Type O Box" with all the "lost" stuff in one place...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I wouldve even bought that vinyl set a few years back if it had dead again with it. (roadrunner deal)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I certainly hope they release some of their demos or/and B-sides, that's why i loved the digipack version of Bloody Kisses, the special edition of "Life is Killing Me", also has a great "bonus CD", maybe it's time to release a "Type O Box" with all the "lost" stuff in one place...
    Also, how about a vinyl reissue of World Coming Down? That's one of my favorite albums of all time and it can only be found in that damn boxset. It feels like hunting for a white whale trying to find that stupid thing.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I also missed the "Vinyl set" but it would be great to be able to buy them again, either as the box or as "single discs".
    As for the "B sides" box, i imagine a boxset with 4 CD's: B-Sides, Live Tracks, Covers and Remixes, i would buy ASAP.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Weve got b sides from WCD but thats it right? Maybe one from LIKM. Too bad there isnt any more. I find it hard to believe that everything theyve ever recorded is released but i think i read Josh saying just that.
    Pretty much, but they were then released on The Least Worst Of.

Which b-side are you referring to from LIKM? The promo CD had those alternate mixes, and Drunk In Paris is called Loud And Queer and sounds reasonably different.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    This thread being active is making me miss them all over again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Pretty much, but they were then released on The Least Worst Of.

Which b-side are you referring to from LIKM? The promo CD had those alternate mixes, and Drunk In Paris is called Loud And Queer and sounds reasonably different.
    On the LIKM bonus disk, isnt there an instrumental Out of the Fire? Sounds like it was recorded during that era. Also Highway Star sounds LIKM-ish. I love Drunk in Paris. Not sure if ive heard the alt.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 01-23-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    On the LIKM bonus disk, isnt there an instrumental Out of the Fire? Sounds like it was recorded during that era. Also Highway Star sounds LIKM-ish. I love Drunk in Paris. Not sure if ive heard the alt.
    Out Of The Fire was recorded for the WWE but they didn't end up using it and Highway Star was for a Nascar soundtrack I think.
    I too don't believe it when they say everything is out. There has to be demos for at least every album after Origin Of The Feces. They mentioned Dead Again being cut way down because they jammed on most of the songs and it was super long. There just HAS to be more stuff, I think they just have zero interest in putting it out.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Wasn't "Out of the Fire" a "proposed" theme song for the WWE Wrestler Kane? (for all non wrestling fans: Kane's song in the WWE is called "Out of the Fire" and sounds similar to the one Type O, did...)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    There just HAS to be more stuff, I think they just have zero interest in putting it out.
    Truer words have never been spoken...

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Wasn't "Out of the Fire" a "proposed" theme song for the WWE Wrestler Kane? (for all non wrestling fans: Kane's song in the WWE is called "Out of the Fire" and sounds similar to the one Type O, did...)
    You are correct. WWE went with a more nu-metal batch of bands at that point instead of investing in good music. The day The Undertaker came out to Limp fucking Bizkit was when wrestling died to me.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    You are correct. WWE went with a more nu-metal batch of bands at that point instead of investing in good music. The day The Undertaker came out to Limp fucking Bizkit was when wrestling died to me.
    "Out of the Fire" was so much better than that horrible "Slow Chemical" song Finger Eleven did, wish Kane used the Type O, song instead...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Both of those songs have the LIKM sound to me though. That drum sound is so distinct.

Josh seems to want to act like none of it happened unfortunately. Its sad.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    this is kind of random but WCD wound up being my favorite.

I remember during a particularly dark depression in about 2000, i kind of locked myself in my room and listened to it on repeat for about 3 days.

it seems like the first (and only) truly serious type o record

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Out Of The Fire was recorded for the WWE but they didn't end up using it and Highway Star was for a Nascar soundtrack I think.
    I too don't believe it when they say everything is out. There has to be demos for at least every album after Origin Of The Feces. They mentioned Dead Again being cut way down because they jammed on most of the songs and it was super long. There just HAS to be more stuff, I think they just have zero interest in putting it out.
    Like how the Per Version of Haunted came out in 2003 and was from 1996!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What were working titles of albums and songs? I remember World Coming Down was to be called Aggroculture or The Profit$ Of Doom at one point.

And "...A Dish Best Served Coldly" was going to be called "Truth Decay".

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I just know that "Slow, Deep and Hard" was originally going to be titled "None More Negative".

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    This will keep me entertained for a while.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This will keep me entertained for a while.

God seeing a green pic with the words around the corners makes me sad. I miss them. That looks really cool. Let us know how it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Of the many Type O shows that I saw beginning in 1993,only once did I meet Peter Steele. This was the LIKM Tour in Syracuse,NY 2003. He just came out and sat down and talked to the fans that were still hanging around. I don't think he disliked meeting fans but maybe he was more of a private or shy person offstage.

Last edited by W Axl Rose; 02-01-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    This little guy arrived today... @Wolfkiller

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    @Ryan You know I'm jealous.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    @Ryan Sexy. Gimme that.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Where are people posting at now that the official forum is gone aside from Facebook, which I don't use?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Jus varioust Facebook groups, as far as I know. Sorry homie.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Jus varioust Facebook groups, as far as I know. Sorry homie.
    Kinda makes me want to register a new domain and set up a forum.

If I did that would you help spread the word?