Thread: Type O Negative

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    This gave me all the feels.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just added this bootleg to my collection. Sounds crystal clear with good lowend.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Just added this bootleg to my collection. Sounds crystal clear with good lowend.

What is the the release year and country of origin for this one?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jon View Post
    what is the the release year and country of origin for this one?
    2020, eu

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I wish thy had more affordable pressings of their albums. I'd love to own them. I only ever managed to find Bloody Kisses in person. I was $35.00 at FYE. I regret not grabbing it when I seen it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I wish thy had more affordable pressings of their albums. I'd love to own them. I only ever managed to find Bloody Kisses in person. I was $35.00 at FYE. I regret not grabbing it when I seen it.
    I have an extra copy of Bloody Kisses (3LP RSD version) and World Coming Down. Let me know if you’re interested. On another note, I just ordered a sealed copy of Bloody Kisses 1993 2LP pressing, shipping from Belgium. Don’t ask how much I paid. I just felt this was a chance to own a real piece of history from one of the greatest albums / bands of my generation. Now the wait begins...
    Or not...just got an order cancellation request from seller, wrong item listed, repress not original. Bummer.
    Last edited by Graz; 08-28-2020 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Update

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Type O wrote this theme for the WWE's Kane in 2002. And Vince McMahon chose to go with a fucking Finger Eleven song instead of this, to coincide with the character's booking into oblivion as a comedy act. Imagine Kane as a monster heel, coming out to this theme... Hell, you don't need to imagine it. It's perfect, whereas I think the Finger Eleven song gradually helped to ruin the gimmick.

Last edited by Einzige; 08-30-2020 at 03:41 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    Type O wrote this theme for the WWE's Kane in 2002. And Vince McMahon chose to go with a fucking Finger Eleven song instead of this, to coincide with the character's booking into oblivion as a comedy act. Imagine Kane as a monster heel, coming out to this theme... Hell, you don't need to imagine it. It's perfect, whereas I think the Finger Eleven song gradually helped to ruin the gimmick.
    I love that theme, it's no surprise Vince went with Finger Eleven, he has always been out of touch...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post

Can they re-use it for another wrestler? Someone needs that epic track.

Pissed that they cut it off in the video above right before the chanting comes in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dumb.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    New video interview with Kenny. Says he has a whole new Silvertomb album done and is working with an animator for a video for the song So True from Edge Of Existence:

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Slitzy sharing backstage footage for Halloween:

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    In case any of you guys missed this: I somehow managed to miss it and I've been a fan since I was a kid.

I also love this because the tour footage was filmed on the October Rust tour, which was the only time my stupid ass ever went to see them. Just like with Rush, I was always gonna "make sure and catch them again NEXT year."

Edit: JESUS. People are selling these on Ebay for over $200.
    I wonder what my Pantera "Vulgar Videos" copy is worth, now?
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-01-2020 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @elevenism I remember ordering the VHS and DVD from Amazon back in the day for $20 or whatever. Fuck those prices!

Also, just watched Slitzy's video all the way through. Man, that just makes me realize why they were and still are so amazing. Such a sense of humor. If he has more footage another DVD should definitely be arranged.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    that backstage footage makes me miss seeing these guys live. My first concert ever was the San Diego show during the October Rust tour

My friend just sent this video this morning and I love this cover!

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 11-01-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I actually played the Organ parts on this. The next song they have coming out is probably going to be a hit on this forum. I did all of the music for it! I just have to sit down and finish the mix on the vocals and get the mix/master for them to make the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Dumb.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    I actually played the Organ parts on this. The next song they have coming out is probably going to be a hit on this forum. I did all of the music for it! I just have to sit down and finish the mix on the vocals and get the mix/master for them to make the video.
    Whoops, sorry lol. Wasn't keen on the sock idea, but I'll for sure check out the next one.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No offense taken. I respect your opinion. I had very little to do with this one. It is not my channel at all. I have just helped with music here and there. Like I said, just wait for the NI, I mean next one.

In the mean time, here is another one I did the music for:

Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Whoops, sorry lol. Wasn't keen on the sock idea, but I'll for sure check out the next one.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    How's that YouTube Sock Puppet money, tho?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    LOL:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't know, I just make music sometimes and help mix/master. I don't have many irons in that fire.

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    How's that YouTube Sock Puppet money, tho?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I don't know, I just make music sometimes and help mix/master. I don't have many irons in that fire.
    You better tell those motherfuckers to pay up!

(I just thought "YouTube sock puppet money was a funny turn of phrase.)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Impressive -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Impressive -

Hell yeah, his Master of Puppets cover is amazing as well!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Dang.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Denis Pauna has been killing those TON style covers. If they ever decided to find a new vocalist and bassist he would be the guy (I know it won't happen)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Typeonegative.net is back up and running, not much content yet but looks like it may lead to...something. Also, according to Kenny we are getting 3 vinyl reissues next year, and the rights to Dead Again have finally been reclaimed.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graz View Post
    Typeonegative.net is back up and running, not much content yet but looks like it may lead to...something. Also, according to Kenny we are getting 3 vinyl reissues next year, and the rights to Dead Again have finally been reclaimed.
    It’s so good to see TON.net back up... and that merch! Peter always put a lot of thought into those shirts and whatnot (amazing puns, themes and phrases). Hell, TON merch can even be considered an artform of its own compared to most bands. I wonder who came up with some of these seemingly new ones?

Happy to see Silvertomb promoted on there. Disappointed A Pale Horse Named Death isn’t listed on there as well.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)