Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Type O Negative

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    I've been listening to Type O again... does anyone else think Life is Killing Me is underrated? It might be their best album imo
    Album fucking rules. Some of Josh's best soundscapes and keyboard work in their entire career.
    Last edited by richardp; 09-04-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Have to say, “Insomnia” is a much better track than this, the one preceding it.

Having said that, I love what Kenny delivered with Seventh Void years ago. Last Walk In The Light was an amazing closer. Slitzy put this live footage together for it:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    It's time.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    It's time.
    October’s rust bisecting black storm clouds
    only the deaf hear our silent shouts... (for a new TON album) :’-(

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    October’s rust bisecting black storm clouds
    only the deaf hear our silent shouts... (for a new TON album) :’-(
    The mini heatwave we're getting here on the east coast of the US yesterday and today is not helping. Thursday is will finally truly be autumn.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I wish it was then and I was there:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'll do anything... To make you... Cum

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Random question: are there any TON fans who listened to a track or two by Carnivore but didn’t give them a proper chance because it was too aggressive or whatever? You’ll be pleasantly surprised to hear Peter’s more goth vocals appear in Male Supremacy from the first Carnivore album, skip to 3:24 if you haven’t listened before:

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    And speaking of Carnivore, I had no idea Peter didn’t ask Louie Beato to join the reunion shows back in 2006. He rarely appears on camera so these are a treat:

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Been grooving to Dead Again like crazy now that summer is finally over, I hope. What a way to go out. Tripping a Blind Man, She Burned Me Down and especially These Three Things are fucking epic..

I recently (finally) got my hands on this scarce as fuck 2-CD TON bootleg called Brighton Beach Dismemoirs that rounds up all of their rare, alternate and remixed tracks taken directly from the original WAV files, that weren't on albums proper. It's 100% comprehensive (as far as I can tell) and is great to finally have all of their rarity tracks in one place. Sweet note in the artwork from the guy who put the whole thing together for fans, too..

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Been grooving to Dead Again like crazy now that summer is finally over, I hope. What a way to go out. Tripping a Blind Man, She Burned Me Down and especially These Three Things are fucking epic..

I recently (finally) got my hands on this scarce as fuck 2-CD TON bootleg called Brighton Beach Dismemoirs that rounds up all of their rare, alternate and remixed tracks taken directly from the original WAV files, that weren't on albums proper. It's 100% comprehensive (as far as I can tell) and is great to finally have all of their rarity tracks in one place. Sweet note in the artwork from the guy who put the whole thing together for fans, too..
    What a way to go out indeed; especially the final lyrics to the record: “All hail and farewell to Britain, all hail and farewell to Thee. All hail and farewell to England, all hail and farewell to me.”

I remember posting on the official TON board right after the album came out and putting crap on the “every time I see her start a fire, I get higher” lyric. I thought it was lame and simple back then. In hindsight, what a heartbreaking fucking song that must have been to pen for him:

Blood - though thicker than water - is harder to clean up
    You'll get it in the end, boy, if the weapon of choice is love
    Expecting it from a stranger or maybe an acquaintance
    Never from family or friends, though
    A simple mistake and expense
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-05-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Woah-ho-hooo. You uh, lookin to share this any time soon??

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My local FYE has a copy of the most recent vinyl repress of Bloody Kisses. Next time I'm around I'm going to nab it.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Woah-ho-hooo. You uh, lookin to share this any time soon??
    Would if I could, but I unfortunately don't have a disc drive to rip the files to my computer. Who knew laptops would eschew these kinds of things in 2019..

Alas, there is another copy up for sale on eBay, if one is so inclined. Worth the asking price, I can vouch..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Type-O-Nega...97.m4902.l9144

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Would if I could, but I unfortunately don't have a disc drive to rip the files to my computer. Who knew laptops would eschew these kinds of things in 2019..

Alas, there is another copy up for sale on eBay, if one is so inclined. Worth the asking price, I can vouch..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Type-O-Nega...97.m4902.l9144
    That’s pretty cool but still missing a lot of stuff, like Summer Girl, the extended depression mix of Cinnamon Girl, the recently discovered BK demos and OR early pre-mixes, the Peter vocal version of Pictures Of Matchstick Men, Loud And Queer from the LIKM promo CD, Peter’s solo performance of Go To Sleep, and that’s just off the top of my head, lol. Tons of live cover songs too.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Oh god, and just now I was checking youtube for the demo version of Race War by Carnivore (luckily I saved the audio a long time ago), and it’s gone, and I get this message about hate speech:

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    That’s pretty cool but still missing a lot of stuff, like Summer Girl, the extended depression mix of Cinnamon Girl, the recently discovered BK demos and OR early pre-mixes, the Peter vocal version of Pictures Of Matchstick Men, Loud And Queer from the LIKM promo CD, Peter’s solo performance of Go To Sleep, and that’s just off the top of my head, lol. Tons of live cover songs too.
    Summer Girl is the first track on the collection..

The BK demos can be had on a seperate package (which I also have and can attest to): https://www.ebay.com/itm/TYPE-O-NEGA...EAAOSw-0xYNXps

I think the guy who compiled this was going for officially released rarities and extras that could be found on CD singles, comps, etc., which may explain why POMM with Peter on vocals, Go To Sleep and the live covers are absent. Loud and Queer should defo be on there though if it was on a LIKM promo CD. But then, one can never have too many copies of LIKM, because that album fucking bangs..

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Oh god, and just now I was checking youtube for the demo version of Race War by Carnivore (luckily I saved the audio a long time ago), and it’s gone, and I get this message about hate speech:
    I have a backup YouTube channel that I upload my own rips to. The auto algorithms really do not like joke bands. I also received a "hate speech" message for "Fuck The Middle East" by Stormtroopers of Doom. Not sure what the deal is; no problem finding Burzum tracks from literal white power compilations. I suppose you can make a hate song but title it "Fluffy Cat" and sneak in under the radar.

Anywho, I have the 2001 reissues. What is the "Race War" demo from?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Are there any really good soundboards out there? I only have the Bizarre Festival in 99 and it sounds like shit and is missing Black No. 1. I need some good Type O live shit to drive around to.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I have a backup YouTube channel that I upload my own rips to. The auto algorithms really do not like joke bands. I also received a "hate speech" message for "Fuck The Middle East" by Stormtroopers of Doom. Not sure what the deal is; no problem finding Burzum tracks from literal white power compilations. I suppose you can make a hate song but title it "Fluffy Cat" and sneak in under the radar.

Anywho, I have the 2001 reissues. What is the "Race War" demo from?
    It doesn’t appear on the 2001 reissues. Actually, the only place I’ve ever seen it was on that YouTube link. I can upload the mp3 I have of it if you’d like it?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Summer Girl is the first track on the collection..

The BK demos can be had on a seperate package (which I also have and can attest to): https://www.ebay.com/itm/TYPE-O-NEGA...EAAOSw-0xYNXps

I think the guy who compiled this was going for officially released rarities and extras that could be found on CD singles, comps, etc., which may explain why POMM with Peter on vocals, Go To Sleep and the live covers are absent. Loud and Queer should defo be on there though if it was on a LIKM promo CD. But then, one can never have too many copies of LIKM, because that album fucking bangs..
    I wish a version of that promo CD existed without the audio watermarks!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    It doesn’t appear on the 2001 reissues. Actually, the only place I’ve ever seen it was on that YouTube link. I can upload the mp3 I have of it if you’d like it?
    Yes, please. I guess there was a whole demo leaked that I didn't know about. The description for this demo of "Jesus Hitler" gives a little more insight:

I'm reuploading this because Marc's account got taken down. If anyone's curious, Marc is Carnivore's guitar player who played on the Retaliation album and he also was the first one to release this demo onto the internet.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Incidentally, every now and then my mind is cast back to a thread on the old TON.net message board (god, this brings back memories), that posted an image of Peter's handwritten lyrics for "The Subhuman" by Carnivore. I've been trying to find said image for years, but to no avail. I have a feeling that it, or items similar, were featured at the 2017 "Carnivore A.D." shows mentioned here, that I only just found out about now. Had no idea these shows actually happened! -

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ca...carnivore-a-d/

The show will include an after party with a VIP meet-and-greet available ($40), and feature Kayne spinning danceable heavy tracks by the likes of NINE INCH NAILS, ROB ZOMBIE, THE CULT, RAMMSTEIN, MINISTRY and more. A "Carnivorous Halloween Costume Contest" will take place, with meaty prizes like real live blood from each band member. Rare photographs and "Carnivorous artifacts" (such as Peter Steele's original handwritten CARNIVORE lyrics) will be displayed.

Anyhow, the closest I've been able to find (apart from the handwritten lyrics to "Seven Stars" - a supposed unreleased song intended for the next TON album that never happened - an image of which can be found in the Soul On Fire biography for Pete) are these early handwritten lyrics for IYDKMIGTHTKY (Gimme That):

https://www.facebook.com/restinpeace...5366791159932/

I'm a real nerd for these kinds of artifacts.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yes, please. I guess there was a whole demo leaked that I didn't know about. The description for this demo of "Jesus Hitler" gives a little more insight:

Turns out I have four demos - Race War, Jesus Hitler, Five Billion Dead and Ground Zero Brooklyn:

https://gofile.io/?c=UDDL0y

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    World Coming Down is up for pre-order over at SRCVinyl - $51.99

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Pre-ordered the new None More Black set, and when it arrived a couple of weeks ago they sent me two copies of Sides C/D of October Rust. So today I finally get my replacement disc sent to me... It's side A/B of Slow Deep and Hard with October Rust's Side A/B labels.

No quality control over at Run Out Groove, I see.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-11-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    likin' Right of Passage