Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    What if there are two (or three) different EPs, split apart because each has separate cohesive themes?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    You mean, what if HTDA are stealing ideas from Green Day?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rob said "SOON". https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...96267861893120

SOOOOOOOOONNNN!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONN!!

[brain damage]

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You mean, what if HTDA are stealing ideas from Green Day?
    Ummm... sure? Just like he stole the idea for a double concept album from Pink Floyd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    And Pink Floyd stole his name from my former budgie, Floyd. Floyd was a badass

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rob trolling us must mean something's coming soon, right?

...Right?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    All of this is going on the day after I get a job.

This must be a sign that I'm gonna need the money for something very soon.

One could say that it's...an...omen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Interesting. They've removed all the information about the album from both those pages. All thats left is the bare minimum. Maybe they got in trouble and hid it all away?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very cool! I like the title; what better way to get everyone amped about the future of HTDA than titling the pre-album EP "An Omen"? I am kind of confused about the method of releasing this information though. You'd think any new music announcements would come from Camp Reznor first.

And, just to be a downer, I'm worried that a November EP might be confirmation that we won't see the full LP until early next year. Trent did say that we'd definitely see new music this year (or was that Rob or Q?), but he didn't specify "you will see the new HTDA album this year." So I guess it makes sense. I'm just tired of waiting.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    Interesting. They've removed all the information about the album from both those pages. All thats left is the bare minimum. Maybe they got in trouble and hid it all away?
    Perhaps this means it WON'T be an EP, and the info was wrong? If they've not taken down listing, but removed all data, that sounds to me more like fixing something that pretending it wasn't there.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Perhaps this means it WON'T be an EP, and the info was wrong? If they've not taken down listing, but removed all data, that sounds to me more like fixing something that pretending it wasn't there.
    The Amazon product page still exists, but only if you know the link, as it no longer appears when you search. The only information that remains on that page is that it's a vinyl release from HTDA with title: TBD. I jumped on the pre-order when it was still up, and my pending orders still lists it as "An Omen Ep"

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The page exists, but is wiped clean. I don't feel HTDA are going to put out another EP after all of this, so misinformation seems more likely than EP. However, the release date hasn't been changed ... I wonder if that's set in stone.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering, I've checked HTDA and NullCo's site for every subsite I can think of to do with that album name, no dice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I also had a quick look at Columbia records website just out of curiosity. I saw One Direction and quickly got the hell out of there

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    "Soon" is a better title than "TBD"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Rob trolling us must mean something's coming soon, right?

...Right?
    Yeah, he would've shot it down as a scam if it wasn't anything to do with them.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Cautiously guarding my optimism over this

Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    I also had a quick look at Columbia records website just out of curiosity. I saw One Direction and quickly got the hell out of there
    "One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful (HTDA Remix)"

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    So I ordered the pre-order with my Amazon Prime and selected next day shipping. Somehow it showed up today.
    Anyway, it just contained a short burst of noise. I played the record in reverse while importing the audio to my computer. I used Audacity and decided to save it with random extensions. When saved as a text file this is what happened:

The Loop Is Open 0983412818 She shus an th Jehour and: agaidst the nored main hiple Mosplethe th wax, angs, abordah, ablovah thromon. Bab se the wicep, and bre stror ep unto ame itabored.

edit: here is the entire file: http://dc.moose.cc/htda.aiff rename it to .txt
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 09-18-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am trying to believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    So I ordered the pre-order with my Amazon Prime and selected next day shipping. Somehow it showed up today.
    Anyway, it just contained a short burst of noise. I played the record in reverse while importing the audio to my computer. I used Audacity and decided to save it with random extensions. When saved as a text file this is what happened:

The Loop Is Open 0983412818 She shus an th Jehour and: agaidst the nored main hiple Mosplethe th wax, angs, abordah, ablovah thromon. Bab se the wicep, and bre stror ep unto ame itabored.

lol, awesome troll is awesome at trolling.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post

Go away bad man, go away! This album is making me a delicate flower, don't start tearing my petals out!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    "One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful (HTDA Remix)"
    id like to hear this.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    WOW you guys are quick to speculate and overanalyze. Chill. As someone suggested earlier, smoke pot. Or smoke LESS, if it's making you all paranoid.

Maybe each of the six tracks is really long, and this is the actual LP. HTDA goes prog. (There, I spared that bit of speculation.)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    WOW you guys are quick to speculate and overanalyze.
    whats that supposed to mean

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    WOW you guys are quick to speculate and overanalyze. Chill. As someone suggested earlier, smoke pot. Or smoke LESS, if it's making you all paranoid.

Maybe each of the six tracks is really long, and this is the actual LP. HTDA goes prog. (There, I spared that bit of speculation.)
    Sorry but we've all been waiting a very long time for this. I for one am going to overanalyze and speculate on anything and everything I see. If a cloud formation passed overhead that resembled the HTDA logo in a very very small way and only if squinting, I would assume it's official advertisement. If I saw someone in the ocean, struggling to get to the surface, I would speculate that they were attempting a cover of A Drowning for a remix album. So when a fucking preorder appears on Amazon, advertising a brand new LP, you can probably imagine that I (and I'm sure I can speak for some otheres here) am going to speculate and analyze the buggering twat out of it because there is visible hype seeping out of every oriface on my body right now

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    whats that supposed to mean
    That you guys barely left any speculation and overanalyzation (not a real word) to the folks who came late to this thread =(

Just saying you guys are really really fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Perhaps EP is short for episode. It's a conceptual album that will fit into an arc of albums that span several themes all relating to one topic - episode one explores the human need to make sense from chaos, searching for signs.
    Can not wait for EP 2: LOST.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I e-mailed Soundstagedirect (which has yet to take down the tracklisting) as to how they got the information and whether they can confirm its accuracy. It's probably a long-shot, but still it was worth the try.

I have no idea. The track names are actually what make me think that this may all just be fictitious. But since Mariqueen usually writes the HTDA songs (at least based on the first EP), it may just be something we're not used to.

Rob's tweet is what is most intriguing to me, but there is a chance that he was just having fun. Saying that it's a scam would just let us off too easy.

EDIT: Alright, just to add more to the flurry of paranoia, I'm going to also add another (absolutely stupid) observation here, which I'm surely going to regret: "Speaking in Tongues" is also a Talking Heads album if I'm correct, and, well, Trent and David Byrne will be "in conversation" on October 14th, and I don't know where the hell I'm going with this, but hey, this thread is for throwing whatever we have at a wall, and this is just something random that I thought of.
    Last edited by Morad; 09-18-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nora Can Cans View Post
    Perhaps EP is short for episode. It's a conceptual album that will fit into an arc of albums that span several themes all relating to one topic - episode one explores the human need to make sense from chaos, searching for signs.
    Can not wait for EP 2: LOST.
    Somehow, your hypothetical description of the first two EPs describes the progression of this thread. Huh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/0...vember-amazon/

"Thanks to the eagle-eyed people at NIN fan forum Echoing The Sound, a page for a new How To Destroy Angels vinyl EP was found over at Amazon, under the title An Omen."

The news circulated to Antiquiet...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)