Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    £200 to see Reading and Leeds festival.
    £200 for three full days, camping and parking. £90 for a day pass. The cure did a 2 hour set. Sadly nothing else that day looked interesting. Not sure you can blame the cure for that though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This actually looks like a photo of an already-edited graphic. I think Rob did something similar with the revamped PHM artwork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I have the preorder on Amazon anyway, but I'm gonna cancel it the moment destroyangels.com updates with pre-order info. They don't charge you until it ships, so I figured no harm done.

That art is sick. I can't wait to have it in my hands.
    I've got the same idea.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post

Vinyl cover tweeted by Q
    This is giving me serious Videodrome vibes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Cool artwork... I'm of two minds about it though. While the self-titled EP's artwork was bizarre and not very appealing, it at least established HTDA as a very separate entity from NIN, while the artwork for An Omen seems to hail much closer to YZ-era NIN... not sure how I feel about it yet. It's cool, just not original.
    Yep, it looks too similar to previous works done by Rob for NIN. I expected something fresh and new since Trent said that he wanted the new HTDA's stuff to be very different to NIN's. The artwork for the first LP didn't look NINish at all, but this looks like a new single for WT or YZ. I hope the LP artwork will be far more original than this tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CANTCOMPLAIN View Post
    Yep, it looks too similar to previous works done by Rob for NIN. I expected something fresh and new since Trent said that he wanted the new HTDA's stuff to be very different to NIN's. The artwork for the first LP didn't look NINish at all, but this looks like a new single for WT or YZ. I hope the LP artwork will be far more original than this tbh.
    Wasn't the artwork for the first EP done by Mark Weaver? That would explain the different look. But as of now Rob is part of the HTDA collective. In some tweets he exchanged with Sheepdean, he hinted that when performing live he would actually be on stage (or something of the nature) doing some sort of live visual artish type thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    Wasn't the artwork for the first EP done by Mark Weaver? That would explain the different look. But as of now Rob is part of the HTDA collective. In some tweets he exchanged with Sheepdean, he hinted that when performing live he would actually be on stage (or something of the nature) doing some sort of live visual artish type thing.
    Yeah, I know the previous cover was done by Weaver (or by Rob using Weaver's art), but I thought Rob would try to do something different for HTDA and not just a rip-off from his previous works for NIN.

Trent said that the new music would be very different to NIN's after some people complained about the first EP sounding too much like NIN's music, and if they are trying to do something really different to NIN, I don't understand why the new artwork looks exactly like the stuff that Rob did for WT or YZ.

I'm not saying that Rob's work isn't good or that they should look for a new graphic designer, but I think that Rob should look for a more personal look for HTDA's artwork. That cover and the new website look too similar to WT's and YZ's works, and according to Trent this is a new band, not NIN 2.0 with a girl singing, then I don't understand why Rob is not looking for a new look for the band's artwork instead of repeating the stuff he previosuly did for NIN.

But maybe this has been made too quickly for the EP and the artwork for the LP will be really different, I don't know. I certainly hope so.

And by "different" I don't mean "unicorns and rainbows" artwork, I like dark looking artwork, but this stuff is too simlar to NIN's.
    Last edited by Max Leo; 09-25-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Maybe the inside of the vinyl (assuming it's gatefold) will explain more. For now: sure, it's similar to Rob's normal style, but maybe that's what the band decided on? He could've made 100 covers, but none fit as well with the music as this one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i may be in the minority, but i'm not a fan of the cover. i love the cover artwork for the original ep and thought it fit well and distanced the band from nin. looking at this i would actually be surprised if it wasn't related to year zero in some way. year zero was a blue cover of a hand with some distortion of the image and this is a blue cover with a hand and some distortion of the image. hopefully it makes more sense in context, but it is really setting people up for disappointment by being so similar to nin when the music very well may be completely different. we'll see. still very excited to hear this.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CANTCOMPLAIN View Post
    But maybe this has been made too quickly for the EP and the artwork for the LP will be really different, I don't know. I certainly hope so.
    After someone mentioned the visual link to (I can't remember the name of) the iPhone app where you take a picture, and it displays that picture on an old screen, then takes a picture of the screen and sends it to you, Rob was all "I did it first" and said he started on these visuals before that app came out. Which means all of this art was done a long-ass time ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    After someone mentioned the visual link to (I can't remember the name of) the iPhone app where you take a picture, and it displays that picture on an old screen, then takes a picture of the screen and sends it to you, Rob was all "I did it first" and said he started on these visuals before that app came out. Which means all of this art was done a long-ass time ago.
    The app is called InstaCRT

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    "rip off"? Seriously? So it resembles some of his other work. How can he be ripping off himself? For the record I think it looks ace, a natural progression of some of his style elements and BETTER: much preferred to yz/slip era, much more like tsn/tgwtdt (note: neither are NIN)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It doesn't feel that NIN-like to me. I mean it has glitches and all, but those aren't really NINventions. It's a similar aesthetic, but it gives me a different feel from YZ or WT. It seems more dark, haunting and mysterious (it reminds me of Videodrome, and I'm not the first one to say that). If I have to compare it to NIN, it actually reminds me of the grittiness of all of the broken era videos and especially the Broken film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    looking at this i would actually be surprised if it wasn't related to year zero in some way. year zero was a blue cover of a hand with some distortion of the image and this is a blue cover with a hand and some distortion of the image.
    maybe it is ARG?..

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Arturia make great sounding plug-ins but their copy protection is shitty and their "customer support" is even worse.

Studio rage, sorry.

I'm a nerd.
    What are they doing? Recording more songs? I thought the album was finished.

Last edited by witte; 09-27-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What are they doing?
    once trent start he cannot stop himself, you know
    Last edited by my voice just; 09-27-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    Arturia make great sounding plug-ins but their copy protection is shitty and their "customer support" is even worse.

Studio rage, sorry.

I'm a nerd.

Could be NIN stuff... he says hopefully...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post
    once trent start he cannot stop himself, you know
    You win the most points.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Could be NIN stuff... he says hopefully...
    Nah, don't think so. The HTDA site shows a "plug-ins" pic too.
    Hopefully they decided to create more tracks. Now they got more inspiration and more time to concentrate on the music (the record company takes a lot of bureaucratic shit away from them and the full length album will "only" appear begin 2013). "more air to breath"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Personally I assumed this was NIN stuff, as he's meant to be writing stuff for the next album at the moment isn't he? I'm kinda assuming the HTDA is done, just decided to not to release a full album this late in the year as it'll get swallowed up by the usual swathe of greatest hits albums that get released in the final qtr for the Christmas market.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Wait, there is some new recording going on? I'm kinda missing what people are talking about here

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Wait, there is some new recording going on? I'm kinda missing what people are talking about here
    Yesterday, Trent tweeted about a studio-related software tool he was unhappy with. Therefore he's in the studio. Therefore he must be working on new music.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    nah.. kidz bop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    nah.. kidz bop.
    I would kind of love to hear a Kidz Bop version of Discipline... not gonna lie.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Nah, don't think so. The HTDA site shows a "plug-ins" pic too.
    Hopefully they decided to create more tracks. Now they got more inspiration and more time to concentrate on the music (the record company takes a lot of bureaucratic shit away from them and the full length album will "only" appear begin 2013). "more air to breath"
    Bonus tracks for a deluxe release/b-sides?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Well, TR did say that they had partnered with Columbia for a "series of releases"...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I still don't own anything from this guys.I need to start emptying my pockets as soon as possible.

PD: Is there a Cd release from HTDA?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    I still don't own anything from this guys.I need to start emptying my pockets as soon as possible.

PD: Is there a Cd release from HTDA?
    The first EP is on CD
    Last edited by sheepdean; 09-29-2012 at 10:43 AM.