Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Quantum Leap

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Quantum Leap

I remember this show from when I was a kid but never watched it. I bought the entire series on DVD for about $35.00 and have been enjoying it. I really like Scott Bakula and thought he was great as Jonathan Archer on Star Trek: Enterprise. I also really like Dean Stockwell as Al. I'm a few episodes into season 1. Not amazing, but an enjoyable show so far.

Might be a reboot soon.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I wonder how they will handle the main character leaping into people of different races, cultures, etc...
    Seems just like the type of thing ripe for a social media bloodbath these days.

Also this...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You have to remember that this was an 80s show and most episodes take place further back in time. Things have changed since; and this show was groundbreaking on many levels.

Also: GOOSHIE!

I love this show. I adore it. I couldn't get enough of it. Sam as a pregnant woman about to give birth was awesome! And let's not forget season 3 episode 5 *evil laughter".

The last season is by far the weakest though. They went into another direction that did not work at all for me. But the series finale broke my heart. I still can't watch it without crying my eyes out.

The possibility of a remake or a movie has been talked about for years. All I have to say about it is "Oh boy..."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love this show so much! I would love a reboot that delves deeper into the lore and stuff like the evil leaper

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Wow, a New Quantum Leap Show Might Actually Happen
    NBC has ordered a pilot for a new version of the 1990s time traveling hit starring Scott Bakula.

https://gizmodo.com/wow-a-new-quantu...pen-1848356309

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    From that article:

Variety reported the news of the show, which is being written by La Brea executive producers Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

It premieres this Monday.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

LEAP BACK TO 1985 PRICES ON THURSDAY, 9/15!

Inspired by the new series Quantum Leap, premiering on Monday 9/19 at 10 pm ET/PT on NBC and next day on Peacock, NBC is offering consumers the opportunity to pay prices based on the year of the premiere episode.

On Thursday, 9/15, lucky fans have two chances to leap back and pay less:

• Visit our Los Angeles gas station activation to receive gas at 1985 prices – and journey back through time along the way.
    • Purchase a 1985-priced movie ticket using a promo offer with our partners at Fandango.

Gas Station Experience

Turn back the pump to $.91/gallon! Visit the check-in lot starting at 9 am PT to get a registered pass for gas at this incredible price up to 10 gallons per customer, while supplies last.

Participants will enter the check-in lot via a Quantum Accelerator and transport back to 1985 with an immersive drive-through experience while waiting for their turn to get gas, including everything from tunes and trivia to break dancers, snacks, and swag.

Check-in Lot Location: 1749 N. Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90028

Movie Ticket Offer

NBC is offering a ticket to the 80’s, with a special promotional code that enables fans to buy a movie ticket for $3.55, available while supplies last.

Fandango Promo Code: QUANTUMLEAPDAY

See terms and conditions below.
    Can confirm this works, got two tickets to an evening IMAX viewing for $3.55 each.