Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Controversial Cinema-Related Opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Finally watched the trailer for Hillbilly Elegy and if I didn't know any better I'd swear it was an SNL digital short.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just reading an article about the new Batman where they say Bruce Wayne is inspired by Kurt Cobain?? Does that mean we can expect a Bruce Wayne dressed in flannel or cardigans, not how I imagine Batman

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So there will be a... Bathorse?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Pretty sure that heroin's not going to be brought up but you never know.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The new Batman visually reminds me of Garth Brooke’s weird fictional persona, Chris Gaines.

also there’s a new playlist of music Batman would like. Except for Beach House who I’ve never heard, I love all those bands but I’m getting a bit fed up of people shoehorning pop culture references into film just as a promotional thing to get people talking about it. I think it actually takes me out of a film and dates it. I love a lot of Guardians of the Galaxy but the obsession with cheesy music was a really annoying aspect to me

clearly I’m not the first to notice the Chris Gaines thing
    Last edited by WorzelG; 02-04-2022 at 06:19 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Instead of continuing in the Jurassic Park thread, here's me complaining about editing some more.

I saw most of these while watching the movie, not re-watching, and they're really terrible mistakes. the chopsticks one stood out to me because I knew it prior to watching the film so when he did it and she corrected him I was like, oh cool. and then they do it again and I'm just left wondering if anyone bothered to pay attention in the edit room or what.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Although I enjoy both directors immensely, I find Alfred Hitchcock's catalog of work to be much more of a slog to work through than Rainer Werner Fassbinder. I'm sure it's just my preferred type, and the type of "autuer" I prefer.