Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Led Zeppelin

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I smell $$$$ on this one. I hope the "new" music can be purchased separately if so.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    There's going to be an announcement in September, presumably of what new releases are in store.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

released 50 years ago today

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I know I'm late to the party, but Robert Plant's 2017 album Carry Fire is really fucking good.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    His solo career is almost like Peter Gabriel's to me, in that he made a conscious shift away from his old band and found himself in new sounds. He's still closely tied to the Zeppelin legacy which I'm not sure one can say for Gabriel especially since Genesis became much more popular without him.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    His solo career is almost like Peter Gabriel's to me, in that he made a conscious shift away from his old band and found himself in new sounds. He's still closely tied to the Zeppelin legacy which I'm not sure one can say for Gabriel especially since Genesis became much more popular without him.
    Well said. I was listening to the Page/Plant album Walking into Clarksdale today for the first time in years and found it somewhat disappointing. I find Plant's solo albums (and the MTV Page/Plant unplugged album) to be much better. There is also talk of a Coverdale/Page boxset, which would include a remix of the album and 4-5 unreleased songs.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/coverdale-page-box-set/

Coverdale has done an awesome job with the three recent Whitesnake boxsets, so this should be good.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 03-28-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Mastodon did a pretty faithful cover of Stairway in honor of their now deceased manager for a Record Store Day release:

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Mastodon did a pretty faithful cover of Stairway in honor of their now deceased manager for a Record Store Day release:

Meh. Not bad, but just makes me want to listen to the original.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I read Steve Gorman's book about his time with The Black Crowes recently and he dishes a lot on the tour they did with Jimmy Page. It's a hell of a book so I won't spoil too much, but the reasons Page gives him as to why he didn't work with them again kind of blew my mind.

Anyway, he said he found video of a rehearsal they did on YouTube and after finishing the book I found it.

And this show has been up for a long time, but worth sharing here nonetheless.

Last edited by onthewall2983; 11-06-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    So I got the debut album by The Firm on Amazon, the project that Jimmy Page did with Paul Rogers. Not bad, very 80's. Not great either.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I love all their albums. My favorite tracks are Kashmir, Stairway to Heaven, Tangerine and Since I've Been Loving You.
    In any group of people there is always the odd person who doesn't like Led Zeppelin. It's usually a failed wannabe musician.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I love all their albums. My favorite tracks are Kashmir, Stairway to Heaven, Tangerine and Since I've Been Loving You.
    In any group of people there is always the odd person who doesn't like Led Zeppelin. It's usually a failed wannabe musician.
    Or someone who is just a contrarian.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There's plenty of valid reasons not to like Led Zeppelin.

ps: I'm a fan.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    There's plenty of valid reasons not to like Led Zeppelin.

ps: I'm a fan.
    I don't really think you need a "valid reason." Music is subjective. Some people don't like the Beatles either, which I don't get. Everyone seems to love Tool, and I'm pretty indifferent towards them.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Streaming for about two more days.