Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Danzig

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Danzig

Legacy shows recently completed (Misfits, Samhain and Danzig songs performed).

Covers album in the works (Elvis cover, Black Sabbath cover, etc), and the most recent new release is Black Hell from The Hangover 2:

Also, most recent video was for Ju Ju Bone from Deth Red Sabaoth:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    found a way to embarrass himself even more & become more hated/ridiculed in Austin. I love most of his material through the years, but god he is an insufferable douchebag. BE NORMAL!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What did he do in Austin?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Glenn on stage with Metallica recently:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Glen made an ass of himself during Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin. Here's a post from the founder of the festival on his childish behavior:

Hi. I book the fest. Those that are hating could NOT be more wrong. Yes, someone has your money and ripped you off. His name is Glenn. Stop by his house in LA with some kitty litter in trade for your refund, but we still had to pay him and he didn't deserve it after what he pulled. Here is how it went down...check the timeline:
    -glenn flies in this morning and says he has a cold and doesn't want feel like playing the show. he demands french onion soup and vitamins brought to his hotel suite. he wants to soup now and wants it hot. we get it.
    -glenn says it's freezing in austin and he can't go on. says it's going to be 28 degrees tonight and he won't perform (keep in mind, it's currently 71 and sunny with a night forecast of maybe 50+). he says we have to move the show/festival inside if we want him to play (obviously, that's not possible).
    -we rent stage heaters (no other bands, public enemy, mcd, passion pit, etc need or want heaters on stage...it's warm up there and not cold out) for glenn per demand, as well as bring in an onsite doctor to make him happy and be there if his cold doesn't go away.
    -agents and managers assure us he's going to play now.
    -glenn's band/crew arrive before him in the afternoon and load gear. they said it all works, they get up the danzig banner, check lights, are happy.
    -glenn arrives at 7:45 (half hour before showtime, they go on at 8:15 exactly and have a 90 min set...park curfew by the city/police is 10pm sharp)...when he arrives, he says he's not going to play. says he doesn't like how the banners are hung on stage and doesn't like the lighting or stage size (all this was advanced in email and phone well in advance and the band/crew loaded in mid day and were happy with it and said it would work...stage wasn't small at all). he wouldn't leave his trailer to go look at the stage, though, so the lighting company drew up specs for him to look at of the stage lighting 50 feet from his trailer and brought it to him to look over and prove him wrong.
    -in the meantime, glenn's bodyguard gets pushy (literally) with murder city devils manager and tells them they can't have their friends watch MCD from stage and wants them to cut their set. kicks them off stage and gets physical with the band and stafff....oh, also danzig says he's just as big as slayer and slayer is playing a bigger stage on sunday and that's bullshit and wants to play the same stage slayer is playing...or won't play. makes him look bad.
    -it's now 8:15 and time for them to go on. the band is ready, corpse make ups done, guitars tunes. glenn says he's not playing and that it's too cold outside. he said big stages should have windscreen so wind can't blow on him from the side. the stage managers then goes and gets tarps and tarp the entire side of the stage so now wind will hit him.
    -it's now 8:40. we explain that it's cutting into the set and he's going to have cut the 90 min set if he doesn't play soon, as park curfew is 10. he says he doesn't feel like playing. says "i got a deathbug. if i go on stage and get sick, i'll die. i'm not getting sicker for this show" (NOTE: he totally looks and seems fine...no coughing, no paleness, no vomiting, just some balding and a gut, from what i can tell). we get the Dr and he says he can do a b12 shot or anything he needs if he feels bad...danzig says he only treats illnesses naturally, so won't do that. we finally get him to agree to play and have already informed his crew that it's only 60 mins (9pm at this point) and they start cutting some songs from the set list, so they can still do misfits, but obviously didn't cut enough.
    -they went on almost and hour late due to the HANDS DOWN biggest rock star moment we've ever dealt with and then he tries to start a riot and blames the fest, the city, the cops and everyone, but himself. goes backstage and tries to fight a few ppl and get in the van and leaves.
    the end....
    we're bummed too. we wanted to hear Skulls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    we wanted to hear Skulls.
    You needed​ to hear Skulls.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakenWakes View Post
    You needed​ to hear Skulls.
    QOTY!!!!!

Ted Leo played two nights later and with about five minutes left in his set he put on a Danzig Misfits wig and broke into "Where Eagles Dare", "Skulls", and "Angelfuck", and proceeded to apologize to the fans in character as Danzig. It was the best thing I'd ever seen

If you freeze it at 31 seconds, you can see me near the bottom with glasses and a red shirt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Say what you want about Jerry Only, but at least he plays his shows.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    If anyone by chance owns anything in my want list here, please PM me:

http://www.ryan-s.org/danzig

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Cannot. Frickin. Wait!

New Danzig song on Super Rock Sunday tomorrow

Eddie Solis from It's Casual will be my guest tomorrow on Super Rock Sunday. We'll be talking about the It's Casual/Philm show 5/15 at the Viper Room and playing the It's Casual/Early Man split 7". I will also be premiering the new Danzig track "Devil's Angels" from the upcoming covers record. Log on to www.knac.com from 3 to 5pm Pacific time to listen.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Should be good! I love most of his covers that he's done through the years. Cat People is top notch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Obligatory Danzig knock out video:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Why does everyone wank off to that video non-stop? We get it, he got punched in the face by a guy half his age.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    All the Danzig you will ever need:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

New track.

Also streaming on the official site: http://danzig-verotik.com/devilsangels/
    Last edited by Ryan; 05-07-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Whoa, he was on a total Misfits nostalgia trip when he made that one. Thanks for posting, it kinda made my day.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    "motherfucker!!!"

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I like the first four albums a lot, but i lost trace of him after Blackacidevil (horrible album to say the least), never heard 6:66, I Luciferi, Circle of Snakes and Deth Red Sabaoth, are those any good?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I like the first four albums a lot, but i lost trace of him after Blackacidevil (horrible album to say the least), never heard 6:66, I Luciferi, Circle of Snakes and Deth Red Sabaoth, are those any good?
    I only like 3 songs off Blackacidevil (Sacrifice, Come to Silver and Deeper) really. With that album he did too much industrial experimentation and ended up covering his voice up the most out of everything. To me, his band has always been about and will always be about his voice but when it's covered up by beats and soundscapes I'm not a fan.

As for the albums that follow, 6:66 and I, Luciferi are great 6:66 is a perfect mix between 90's sludge and his classic sound to me and it makes for a great listen. Check out Thirteen, Satan's Child, Five Finger Crawl, Belly of the Beast, Lilin and Cold Eternal. I think I named the whole album almost there, whoops.

I, Luciferi reminds me of Rob Zombie but with Danzig, it's a weird description but that's how I feel about it.

On topic, this is my favorite song out of everything and it has excellent performances. Check out this monster:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, I Luciferi kind of sucked as a whole, but this track stuck out to me:

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I only like 3 songs off Blackacidevil (Sacrifice, Come to Silver and Deeper) really. With that album he did too much industrial experimentation and ended up covering his voice up the most out of everything. To me, his band has always been about and will always be about his voice but when it's covered up by beats and soundscapes I'm not a fan.

As for the albums that follow, 6:66 and I, Luciferi are great 6:66 is a perfect mix between 90's sludge and his classic sound to me and it makes for a great listen. Check out Thirteen, Satan's Child, Five Finger Crawl, Belly of the Beast, Lilin and Cold Eternal. I think I named the whole album almost there, whoops.

I, Luciferi reminds me of Rob Zombie but with Danzig, it's a weird description but that's how I feel about it.
    Cheers now i know where to restart, i'll order 6:66, since i already own Blackacidevil the only song i like it's "Come To Silver" mostly because Jerry Cantrell's guitar. By the way i heard that back in the late 90's, Glenn was planning a "Dark blues" record with Cantrell i don't know what happened but i think it would be awesome if he revives that project.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I Luciferi is my favorite record from beginning to end (aside from Wicked Pussycat), and Deth Red Sabaoth is his best stuff since Lucifuge.

I only don't really care for two Danzig tracks: Wicked Pussycat and Don't Be Afraid (b-side to Sacrifice).

The new track is streaming on danzig-verotik.com now.

6:66 is amazing, as is Circle of Snakes. Can't fault either of 'em.
    Last edited by Ryan; 02-20-2014 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I Luciferi is my favorite record from beginning to end (aside from Wicked Pussycat), and Deth Red Sabaoth is his best stuff since Lucifuge.

I only don't really care for two Danzig tracks: Wicked Pussycat and Don't Be Afraid (b-side to Sacrifice).

The new track is streaming on danzig-verotik.com now.

6:66 is amazing, as ir Circle of Snakes. Can't fault either of 'em.
    Aw, I like Wicked Pussycat, evilly sexy. The big hitter from that album is most definitely Black Mass. I LOVE that song.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Wicked Pussycat?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    old joke is old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Doesn't matter what you say, I'm gonna feed them today!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    FEB. 2, 2014
    DANZIG LEGACY TV SPECIAL COMPLETED

We can Finally confirm that all Post work on the DANZIG Legacy TV Special in now Complete.
    Director Mark Brooks (Metalacolypse) & Danzig have finished all editing & Post EFX.
    Here's a Shot from the End Sequence...We think you'll agree, it came out Epic!!!
    Fangs to all who attended the Tapings, wait until you see the final Product, WOW!!!

We will be posting Different Shots from the Legacy Special every week so Fans
    can get a little Sneek Peek at it. Enjoy you Demon MF's!!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    It was obvious he was going to use the "ELVIS" letters...

The special sounds good! gotta catch that one...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 10-27-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'd love a proper video release of a live show from him. Yet to ever get one which is so weird after the 26 years flying solo.

Wonder what channel it'll be one and if I get this. Unless he's going to PPV route.